• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
17 courses have yet to ever return (3 from 64, 3 from GBA, 4 from GCN, 5 from Wii, 2 from 3DS).

Think you’ve mixed up 64 and DS, and would be missing N64’s one absent course regardless. Here’s the full list, including the SNES courses that have not returned outside of Super Circuit’s extra cups:
  • SNES Bowser's Castle 1
  • SNES Bowser's Castle 2
  • SNES Koopa Beach 1
  • SNES Mario Circuit 4
  • SNES Ghost Valley 3 (datamined for Tour; but could be scrapped)
  • N64 Wario Stadium
  • GBA Lakeside Park (likely coming to Tour next month)
  • GBA Broken Pier
  • GBA Rainbow Road
  • GCN Mushroom City
  • GCN Wario Colosseum
  • GCN Bowser's Castle
  • GCN Rainbow Road
  • DS Figure-8 Circuit
  • DS Bowser's Castle
  • DS Rainbow Road
  • Wii Luigi Circuit
  • Wii Toad's Factory
  • Wii Mario Circuit (this might still be coming to Tour)
  • Wii Moonview Highway (this might still be coming to Tour)
  • Wii Bowser's Castle
  • 3DS Wuhu Loop (datamined for Tour; but could be scrapped)
  • 3DS Maka Wuhu (datamined for Tour; but could be scrapped)
Tour has helped cover a bunch, especially for GBA. Huge shift from vanilla 8 where we were only at 8/20 Super Circuit tracks remade (10/20 post-DLC).

Yup, if everything lines up as speculated, 39 courses will be missing from Tour. 28 will be not be in either 8 Deluxe or Tour. 17 courses have yet to ever return (3 from 64, 3 from GBA, 4 from GCN, 5 from Wii, 2 from 3DS).
Love the breakdown, thanks! That 17 never-returned number is kind of crazy, that feels like a lot. Not that there have been a ton of retro slots before Tour came along…

You gotta think after the BCP those 17 will have very good odds at getting first pick for MK10

do you guys think that vancouver velocity will be in wave 5?
Unknown. Think it’s between Vancouver and Piranha Plant Cove for that slot, with Los Angeles, a new track, and (likely) Athens locked in. Outside shot of Athens being swapped with Vancouver and then getting double nitros, but I don’t think it happens.

Regardless, I’m not expecting Rio or whatever the next new city track is.

Don't know what the order will be (I don't think Vancouver being in wave 5 is 100% out of the question), but I think this will be the list of tracks we are getting in the last waves:

1. SNES Bowser Castle 3
  2. GBA Sunset Wilds
  3. GCN Daisy Cruiser
  4. GCN Mushroom Bridge
  5. GCN DK Mountain
  6. Wii Koopa Cape
  7. Wii Rainbow Road
  8. Tour Los Angeles Laps
  9. Tour Athens Dash
  10. Tour Vancouver Velocity
  11. Tour Rio (whatever the name may be)
  12. Tour (whatever the last city is)
  13. Piranha Plant Cove
  14. New BR track (bathroom)
  15. New DK track (Sarasaland / Super Mario Land)
  16. New unknown nitro?
Unless that last new nitro is scrapped (we still don't see anything about it in the datamine right?) and we get some surprising return. Think about for example Airship Fortress.

And I guess DK Mountain could still be Dino Dino Jungle but I will put my money on DK Mountain as it is the bigger fan favourite and I think it is distinctive enough from DK Summit to be added (heck, MKWii had both of them as well).

The three GameCube tracks are definitely the most interesting to speculate on. While the Booster Course Pass pulls heavily from Tour, iirc there have been a few that have caught people off guard. I’m not giving up hoping for Peach Beach or Bowser’s Castle until Wave 6 is fully out. The only GCN course I’m fully banking on being one of the three is DK Jungle Mountain which is kind of annoying in that we have so many mountain courses and the other (better) DK mountain course at that, but it’s such a popular track I think it’ll make the cut. I’d be happy to have it despite the theme overlap, it’s a really good track.

the summer tour that rio will debut is july 12th, and wave 5 will launch before that, so is unlikely a city track to debut in the bcp before tour
Current speculation has the Rio tour bumped back a slot, debuting on July 26th. Very tough to imagine we get it in Wave 5 with that date unless they’re cool with it debuting in 8DX first.

Current speculation has the Rio tour bumped back a slot, debuting on July 26th. Very tough to imagine we get it in Wave 5 with that date unless they’re cool with it debuting in 8DX first.
unlike the nitros, which can debute in the bcp before tour, the city courses have to debut in tour first, at least the first 2 variants, like sydney sprint, which debute on 8dx without the 3rd vairiant in tour

Wave 4 only launched a few weeks earlier compared to Wave 1. A few weeks earlier for Wave 5 would put it in late July.
I think he means it will be closer to a 3 month gap, like the gap between wave 3 and wave 4. It seems unlikely they would wait 4.5-5 months at this point as the gaps have gotten narrower, not further apart. Plus the tweet from Nintendo saying new courses were coming "soon". I doubt they would use that word 2 months out.

I think he means it will be closer to a 3 month gap, like the gap between wave 3 and wave 4. It seems unlikely they would wait 4.5-5 months at this point as the gaps have gotten narrower, not further apart. Plus the tweet from Nintendo saying new courses were coming "soon". I doubt they would use that word 2 months out.
I think we're reading way too much into that tweet. The PR worker running that account doesn't know anything about unannounced release dates. As for the gaps, I don't think the smaller gaps mean much. Nintendo has been known to sit on stuff until it finds a good place on its release schedule.

July seems like the best month for Wave 5 even though I think late June and early August are both possible. The Booster Course Pass in general seems to be spaced out to get us to the end of 2023 rather than releasing it when it is done. Wave 4 came earlier than expected, but I think that was timed in part to boost the end of the fiscal year and to stay away from Bayonetta Origins. Wave 5 seemingly just has to dodge Pikmin.

Early August would mean me trying to download the new DLC on extremely weak holiday internet AGAIN. Just give me June or July for the sake of a smooth downloading process :D

But yeah, if wave 5 comes before the Tour Rio track, then I think Vancouver Velocity will be pushed to wave 5.

Still thinking the music leak had all tracks that were (almost) ready at that point which made Maple Treeway easier to push forward, and the same goes for Vancouver Velocity right now.

I still don't believe we will get Madrid... There are much more significant cities left. Even in Europe alone (Rome). Even in Spain (Barcelona). Much more famous highlights they can get in the track than in Madrid.
Madrid is the capital of Spain, so it have a lot of sense. They could also have put Seville or Granada as they both have a lot of monuments and typical buildings, but it is logical for it to be the capital of the country.

Madrid is the capital of Spain, so it have a lot of sense. They could also have put Seville or Granada as they both have a lot of monuments and typical buildings, but it is logical for it to be the capital of the country.
Madrid doesn't have that famous sightings and/or unique architecture that the rest of the city courses do have. Barcelona could fit that bill much much better for a Spanish city. At least that's how I see it, but I don't develop the game :p Either way I am still not sure what the last city track will be. We didn't think Rio would come for a long time either :)

Can somebody update me on which tracks are likely coming to the Tour AFTER the Mario vs Luigi with Mario Raceaway, Luigi Circuit and Waluigi Stadium?

Can somebody update me on which tracks are likely coming to the Tour AFTER the Mario vs Luigi with Mario Raceaway, Luigi Circuit and Waluigi Stadium?
Lakeside Park and SNES Koopa Beach 2 R/T, although it is just speculation based on IDs (which mind you, has been very reliable up until this point)

My understanding is that there are only ID gaps left for...

1 GBA track
1 Wii track
2 more cities
3 more nitros

So it very well could be there are only 7 more new Tour's left after Mario vs. Luigi. (1 final Tour for the retro tracks, 2 for cities, 3 for nitros, and then 1 final Tour on the game's 4th anniversary)

1 GBA track
1 Wii track
2 more cities
3 more nitros

So it very well could be there are only 7 more new Tour's left after Mario vs. Luigi. (1 final Tour for the retro tracks, 2 for cities, 3 for nitros, and then 1 final Tour on the game's 4th anniversary)
This sheet suggests that there is actually a rerun Sundae Tour in August, although I could see that not happening, with mobmd (the final city) getting its release pushed up

1 GBA track
1 Wii track
2 more cities
3 more nitros

Didn't MondoMega say there were 9 left?
Please correct me if I'm wrong and/or misunderstood.

This sheet suggests that there is actually a rerun Sundae Tour in August, although I could see that not happening, with mobmd (the final city) getting its release pushed up

In terms of the BCP that schedule is missing the final city and the final nitro which is interesting.

But yeah the only "filler" looking Tour there is the Sundae Tour. If you combine the last 2 retro tracks into 1 Tour and disregard that Sundae tour then it opens room for a final nitro tour and a final city tour right before the 4th anniversary.

Last edited:
Didn't MondoMega say there were 9 left?
Please correct me if I'm wrong and/or misunderstood.

Honestly I have no idea, but Mondo would definitely be the expert on this.

I'm just looking at the ID gaps decreasing quickly without any new ones popping in.

That prediction sheet is a bit contentious in a few regards. Keep in mind i'm just speculating here too based on the same base information, but I don't believe things are as clear cut as they present it.
  • The next Tour after Mario Vs Luigi Tour, for example, is decently likely to contain the remaining Wii retro alongside the remaining GBA track, and in that case their "Summer Festival Tour" wouldn't exist (I think it's more likely it ends up being a Metropolitan Tour where the final city is introduced).
  • The Tours introducing MobBR and MobDK could happen in either order as far as i'm aware; I imagine that whichever shows up first will be the one that makes it into 8DX first (in Wave 5).
  • There is zero evidence of the GBA Bowser's Castle 4 variants coming alongside MobBR, or ever; they only have a single ID each currently (which means they are simply reserved spaces, and not ready to be implemented).
  • There's no evidence of an RMX Vanilla Lake 2 existing either; it's just speculation based on there seemingly being no other choice for a new winter themed track for that Tour (RMXVL2 would come at the end of the ID list so there wouldn't be a gap if it does exist). In the decreasing odds of there being another GCN track between Mushroom Bridge and Waluigi Stadium, it could maybe be Sherbet Land; the skating Shy Guys exist in Tour already (Vancouver and one variant of Snow Land), but the Freezies don't, which is an issue. Doubt it personally for now though.
  • As I talked about recently, there is one more reserved Season ID unaccounted for here (0128). At this point, i'd be willing to believe the gap between 0116 and this is just emblematic of Tour being rushed to a conclusion, and they've pulled some Tour planned for far later to run within this final batch of original Tours (the alternative is new Tours becoming incredibly infrequent and this one actually runs sometime in March). The very first Anniversary Tour in 2020 happened at the start of October so we can push it back a Tour if absolutely necessary to fit in that final new track (if it isn't winter themed, of course).

Last edited:
That prediction sheet is a bit contentious in a few regards. Keep in mind i'm just speculating here too based on the same base information, but I don't believe things are as clear cut as they present it.
  • The next Tour after Mario Vs Luigi Tour, for example, is decently likely to contain the remaining Wii retro alongside the remaining GBA track, and in that case their "Summer Festival Tour" wouldn't exist (I think it's more likely it ends up being a Metropolitan Tour where the final city is introduced).
  • The Tours introducing MobBR and MobDK could happen in either order as far as i'm aware; I imagine that whichever shows up first will be the one that makes it into 8DX first (in Wave 5).
  • There is zero evidence of the GBA Bowser's Castle 4 variants coming alongside MobBR, or ever; they only have a single ID each currently (which means they are simply reserved spaces, and not ready to be implemented).
  • There's no evidence of an RMX Vanilla Lake 2 existing either; it's just speculation based on there seemingly being no other choice for a new winter themed track for that Tour (RMXVL2 would come at the end of the ID list so there wouldn't be a gap if it does exist). In the decreasing odds of there being another GCN track between Mushroom Bridge and Waluigi Stadium, it could maybe be Sherbet Land; the skating Shy Guys exist in Tour already (Vancouver and one variant of Snow Land), but the Freezies don't, which is an issue. Doubt it personally for now though.
  • As I talked about recently, there is one more reserved Season ID unaccounted for here (0128). At this point, i'd be willing to believe the gap between 0116 and this is just emblematic of Tour being rushed to a conclusion, and they've pulled some Tour planned for far later to run within this final batch of original Tours (the alternative is that new Tours becoming incredibly infrequent and this one actually runs sometime in March). The very first Anniversary Tour in 2020 happened at the start of October so we can push it back a Tour if absolutely necessary to fit in that final new track (if it isn't winter themed, of course).
Ah thanks for the clarification, was gonna record a video on this so some more opinions are always good to have

If there really is a new city the week of July 12 and a new nitro the week of July 26, I can totally imagine the wave coming out between the two; with both the nitro and the city.

My thoughts on the situation for those curious

I liked the video. Regarding a second booster course pass: I don't think most people are speculating on more city tracks or nitros being included IF it happens. I think the speculation is about the potential of a couple waves of just retros and maybe some battles being brought over from Tour. I'd love for there to be a couple more waves as there are some fan favourites not included in the BCP, but I'm doubtful.

Luigi Circuit was one of the ones I would have wanted for the BCP if we had more retro slots in general. The turns are solid and the constant rain helped it stand out on GBA. IIRC out of our current 80 tracks, the only one with rain is Neo Bowser City so it’d still be fairly unique.

Luigi Circuit is probably a top 3 track for me in Mario Kart Super Circuit (and I think Super Circuit is peak Mario Kart track design), I love it.

My gut reaction to Tour's rendition of the GBA Circuit theme was that it just sounded like they pulled the uncompressed samples out of their internal archive, and well, I think they did. Searching the YouTube link for the commercial on Twitter, I see a few Japanese fans noticed last week when the Tour actually started.

Route 23 is a wild coincidence for the year this ended up resurfacing though, lol.

One of the new Mii outfits is a fishbone. Maybe Broken Pier will debut alongside Lakeside Park? Is that possible?

Back
Top Bottom