• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
Not too interesting yet again. Dry Dry Ruins gap is closed so despite Grumble Volcano having datamined objects it isn't that far along yet. Only the big GBA gap and Daisy Circuit recieved further increases (two Tours in a row!) this time.

BcQdbv4.png

Whew.

eAtmjyd.png

You'll notice that all but three ID gaps increased this Tour, some by a lot. Unfortunately since both mob BR and mob DK increased at the same time, and to the same count, we still don't know which one will release first, lol. Those GBA and GCN gaps are bursting though; mob AT too. There is no chance the gap after Paris 3 is exclusively for Paris 4 now.

Yeah, I don't see it either. The argument that Dry Dry Ruins sharing some assets with Dry Dry Desert doesn't really mean a whole lot in my opinion, nor does the idea that the tracks "don't fit". I really don't think difficulty scaling is a thing here, and even then, it's not like a track has to be datamined for Tour to make it into the BCP. It took Shroom Ridge nearly a year to be added.

And man, if we lost a GCN track for Dry Dry Ruins, that would be unfortunate. The Wii representation is good enough as is, at least give us an N64 or 3DS track if they're cutting something.

GBA Yoshi Desert is a fun remake in Tour. I like the occasional branching paths in it. Also Yoshi's Island has some minor changes I've noticed, like the mountain path rather than going over a volcano you are climbing a snowy mountain.

Bummer that Poochy isn't available yet until week 2 of the Tour. I'll need to remember to check in next week to unlock him.

Wow, Yoshi Desert looks great! They kept the Yoshi sphinx, added those brief underwater bits, remixed the music, and kept the layout fairly close to the original. Would love to see this in 8D someday, somehow...

why do they add underwater segments to desert maps? is there a belief that desert courses are too good as is and need to suck more?

Two original courses in a row?!

Does it seem like the final two cities will remain mystery until their official reveal? I could see another being announced next month if the plan is still for the next 8DX dlc to have 3 cities and no Vancouver.

Last edited:
The Greek gods are finally canon in the Mario Universe, won't be long for Kratos to join in as well

About time. Nearly been a year since we got Bangkok.

Now it’s just a question of whether they’ll sneak in another city before Wave 5, or if they’ll just bump up Vancouver from Wave 6. At the very least, Athens is almost certainly a Wave 5 track.

I still dream about a Brazil track, maybe Rio de Janeiro.
Also, are we sure about Cairo?
I think Cairo is actually not happening. The main argument is the pyramids that were on a title screen. They were only in one of the first versions of Tour then they removed them, sounds like a canceled idea to me, especially when we see that the other cities in the title screen were the first ones added (London, Tokyo, Paris) and they released a lot of other cities not on the image but still not the one with the pyramids.
Perhaps the city is too politically sensitive, hence the decision to finally not include it.

With Athens confirmed last night, it’s really starting to hit me we are down to the last 16 tracks of the DLC. This past year plus has been my favorite stretch of being a Mario Kart fan with so many friends, family, and now Fami enjoying the game together. Really hope we get another BCP in a future Mario Kart game.

Next Tour’s Mii Suits are the Koopalings, which means the expected Bowser Tour (with SNES Bowser Castle).

That music should sound real nice in MK8, but visually Athens is pretty lacking. Hopefully that gets touched up.

If SNES Bowser’s Castle is next, I’m very curious to see how extensive the changes are.

Our regular Tour leaker has confirmed the track name to be Athens Dash; and just like Piranha Plant Cove both 1 and 2 will be available in this Tour.

Anybody have a Link to the Mii costume video? I'm curious to see any extra footage of the course.

Also, I think this might deconfirm DK Mountain. It's another track with cannon barrel. It's starting to feel like overkill at this point.

Anybody have a Link to the Mii costume video? I'm curious to see any extra footage of the course.

Also, I think this might deconfirm DK Mountain. It's another track with cannon barrel. It's starting to feel like overkill at this point.

Regarding the latter's point, it's just Tour reuse existing assets. (which has become more common for later new tracks) Both the cannon barrel and the wooden tube from 3DS Bowser's Castle were reused for variations of Yoshi's Island for example.

Wow, Athens looks (and sounds) great! I'm glad it doesn't take place in the actual city, as we already have so many city tracks and they're all starting to blend together, especially the European ones. This one will definitely stand out.

Also can't wait to see which Bowser's Castle we're getting, since that will (presumably) be coming to the BCP!

Oh god, with the Xenoblade news I completely forgot that we have a new Mario Kart track tonight too.

Nintendo needs to chill the fuck out, give us some time to breathe lmao

Whoa, Athens Dash 1/2 are phenomenal! This is gonna be a fan favorite city track for sure. Hopefully the graphics are better though.

Yeah, graphics are really rough. Lots of work to be done there. Love the verticality though, great track design.

I’m curious to see what Athens 3 will be, because I’m not really seeing a clear route right now. Both Athens 1 and 2 make very good use of their downhill verticality, but they’re going in opposite directions. Obviously not impossible to just flip one in reverse, but it wouldn’t be ideal.

Yeah, graphics are really rough. Lots of work to be done there. Love the verticality though, great track design.

I’m curious to see what Athens 3 will be, because I’m not really seeing a clear route right now. Both Athens 1 and 2 make very good use of their downhill verticality, but they’re going in opposite directions. Obviously not impossible to just flip one in reverse, but it wouldn’t be ideal.
I believe you go right on Athens Dash 2 instead of left, take a paraglider path down to ground level in the middle of the theatre, then, instead of following the Athens Dash 1 route in reverse back up to the top of the mountain, you go straight through the ruins at the bottom of Athens Dash 1 and there's a new path back up top.

I wasn't expecting to see Paris Promenade (Battle) make its debut this tour, but I guess it was only a matter of time! Athens plays really nice, kinda feels like Wuhu Loop with how windy the roads feel mixed with that verticality that was already mentioned. Feels like a very unique track, and I really dig the song too. Colors are a bit stale imo, so much of the same color in every direction, definitely curious to see what it looks like not in tour lol

I believe you go right on Athens Dash 2 instead of left, take a paraglider path down to ground level in the middle of the theatre, then, instead of following the Athens Dash 1 route in reverse back up to the top of the mountain, you go straight through the ruins at the bottom of Athens Dash 1 and there's a new path back up top.
Yeah, that’s almost certainly it. Didn’t catch the fences at the back of 1R at first.

Doesn’t really make things that much better though, as I don’t think it can really be used to turn everyone around. Something will probably have to be in reverse for the BCP.

I think Athens Dash might be the first city track designed with the Booster Course Pass in mind, because it doesn't really look like a city track. There's houses on the outskirts and one tiny town section, but that's it. The course is also really vertical and has a decently challenging layout with gliding, half pipes, tight turns, and ramps. The only thing that needs to be improved are the graphics, and I'm kinda wondering if this course was downgraded for Tour instead of upgraded for the Booster Course Pass. Tour tracks don't normally look this bad visually, but it's only the houses on the outskirts and the trees. Both are easily fixed.

Also, where's @MondoMega? I'm surprised they haven't posted yet.

Also, where's @MondoMega? I'm surprised they haven't posted yet.

Haha, was waiting for the course ID updates before dropping my thoughts.

Both Athens 1 and 2 pop off; early impressions, but kinda feeling like they're top tier city material. Super excited for the 8DX rendition.

At least on the Tour datamining side for now, we have Paratroopa's emblem. Don't think they'll make the cut for 8DX though.

Cpb00177.png

Yeah, that’s almost certainly it. Didn’t catch the fences at the back of 1R at first.

Doesn’t really make things that much better though, as I don’t think it can really be used to turn everyone around. Something will probably have to be in reverse for the BCP.
There's no way we don't go through 1R in 8, there is even a nice place for an off-road shortcut after the amphitheater part (drift to the right and there are cones, don't do anything in tour but go straight to the main path, gives me Bangkok vibes with the glider -> offroad shortcut on lap 2), alongside the crazy vertical drive up the wooden ramps before the right turn.

I think I know what the MK8D layout for Athens Dash will be. First lap will be AD1, but at the end, instead of going back to the starting line, you begin lap 2 at the paragliding section leading to the middle of the amphitheatre. From there, you drive part of AD1 in reverse, then you go straight instead of right to drive on the unused part of the track (probably AD3). That road meets up with the bottom of the stairs section of AD2. You'll then do AD2 as normal.

There's no way we don't go through 1R in 8, there is even a nice place for an off-road shortcut after the amphitheater part (drift to the right and there are cones, don't do anything in tour but go straight to the main path, gives me Bangkok vibes with the glider -> offroad shortcut on lap 2), alongside the crazy vertical drive up the wooden ramps before the right turn.
I’d think this too if it weren’t for the shortcut on top of the ruins. I dunno if Nintendo would want to give that up.

I think I know what the MK8D layout for Athens Dash will be. First lap will be AD1, but at the end, instead of going back to the starting line, you begin lap 2 at the paragliding section leading to the middle of the amphitheatre. From there, you drive part of AD1 in reverse, then you go straight instead of right to drive on the unused part of the track (probably AD3). That road meets up with the bottom of the stairs section of AD2. You'll then do AD2 as normal.
This feels a lot more likely to me. Adding a new starting line is definitely in play after Singapore, and Athens 2 will almost certainly be the final lap given how expansive it is.

I’d think this too if it weren’t for the shortcut on top of the ruins. I dunno if Nintendo would want to give that up.

This feels a lot more likely to me. Adding a new starting line is definitely in play after Singapore, and Athens 2 will almost certainly be the final lap given how expansive it is.
Yea, I meant that there's no way we aren't getting both AD1 and AD1R since they are both so detailed in the track model and like you said, have exclusive paths that I seriously doubt they want want to ignore!

Whew.

eAtmjyd.png

You'll notice that all but three ID gaps increased this Tour, some by a lot. Unfortunately since both mob BR and mob DK increased at the same time, and to the same count, we still don't know which one will release first, lol. Those GBA and GCN gaps are bursting though; mob AT too. There is no chance the gap after Paris 3 is exclusively for Paris 4 now.

It happened again!!

s0sh5Lc.png

There are so many gaps here I would consider imminent now. Those GBA and GCN gaps on the retro side are bursting, and the md/mu and mystery gaps on the nitro side have suddenly shot up to over 50 IDs! At this point i've got no clue what could be next beside the Bowser Tour in two weeks.

Also, it's been awhile since i've updated it, so here's the overall course overview image:

EDIT: Can't believe I uploaded the wrong version for BOTH images. Fixing the other one shortly.
EDIT 2: Done.

Last edited:
We're probably looking at SNES Bowser Castle next tour, then another new city course along with Athens Dash 3. The city courses are number one priority right now with Wave 5 most likely coming in June or July. After that I'm not sure.

Assuming a release date at some point in June, and knowing that the next Tour obviously won't have a city track, that leaves 2-3 more Tours left before Wave 5, maybe 4 if the release date is at the very end of June or early July. I dunno if they'll want to have a city track release coincide between the BCP and Tour simultaneously; if they don't, then they realistically have to get that next city track out within the two tours after the next one, and even then that would be a tight squeeze.

I dunno, it definitely isn't impossible, but that would be a pretty rapid turnaround after going 10 months without a new city track. I'm still leaning towards Vancouver going in Wave 5, personally.

Assuming a release date at some point in June, and knowing that the next Tour obviously won't have a city track, that leaves 2-3 more Tours left before Wave 5, maybe 4 if the release date is at the very end of June or early July. I dunno if they'll want to have a city track release coincide between the BCP and Tour simultaneously; if they don't, then they realistically have to get that next city track out within the two tours after the next one, and even then that would be a tight squeeze.

I dunno, it definitely isn't impossible, but that would be a pretty rapid turnaround after going 10 months without a new city track. I'm still leaning towards Vancouver going in Wave 5, personally.
While I'd love to get Vancouver early (it's my most hyped track for the last two waves due to my love of the PNW), it's a fall/winter themed track. One section has falling leaves, another has snow, and two of the variants have a hockey rink. It makes no sense to have it in the summer. If anything, I could see them swapping a Tour city track out with another new track

While I'd love to get Vancouver early (it's my most hyped track for the last two waves due to my love of the PNW), it's a fall/winter themed track. One section has falling leaves, another has snow, and two of the variants have a hockey rink. It makes no sense to have it in the summer. If anything, I could see them swapping a Tour city track out with another new track
I've said this before, but I really don't think the theming factors in all that much outside of a few very obvious exceptions. If Vancouver is ready, I don't think they're gonna push it because of the vague seasonal theming it has.

Swapping it out for Piranha Plant Cove would make a decent amount of sense though, if that's the route they want to go.

Back
Top Bottom