• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
As someone who played plenty of each city in Tour before they showed up in 8DX, here’s how i’d rate them them in both games (including individual routes for Tour; some individual routes may be better or worse than all the routes of the cities above and below them but i’m ranking them all together):

Tour:
  1. Singapore (3 = 1 > 2)
  2. Vancouver (1 > 2 > 3)
  3. Los Angeles (1 = 2 > 3)
  4. Bangkok (2 > 1 > 3)
  5. Berlin (2 > 1 > 3)
  6. Amsterdam (1 = 3 > 2)
  7. Sydney (3 > 1 > 2)
  8. London (3 > 1 > 2)
  9. New York (4 > 3 > 2 > 1)
  10. Paris (2 > 1 = 3)
  11. Tokyo (4 > 1 > 3 > 2)
8DX (so far):
  1. Singapore (All three laps are perfect. Not the route I predicted exactly, but it turned out so great)
  2. Sydney (Lap 2 and the backwards lap 3 really elevate this one much higher than the individual routes in Tour; also the music is incredible)
  3. Bangkok (Unfortunately lost a few things in the conversion to 8DX, but overall it remains super fun track)
  4. Berlin (The endings of both laps 2 and 3 are a bit messy, but overall I think they did a great job stitching these three routes together)
  5. Amsterdam (Lap 2 should help make this one more interesting but as you can see above I think the water route is unfortunately pretty bland. Lap 3 is the most exciting due to the change in direction mid-lap)
  6. Paris (Combining 1 & 3 together for the first two laps makes for an infinitely more interesting layout, and the reverse lap 3 is an exciting finale; much better than their individual routes in Tour)
  7. London (Opposite issue of the two below, lap 3 feels super messy and overly complicated; otherwise the first two laps are still pretty simple)
  8. New York (Only slightly more interesting than Tokyo, both are equally beginner courses)
  9. Tokyo (sadly a very boring course, but if I were ranking music it would be near the top)
Los Angeles I feel is guaranteed to be great in 8DX, given it is likely to become a section track. Vancouver is more dependent on the execution but it has the potential to become something incredible; especially if they merge VV3 with something else to make it more interesting.

They've officially run out of Tour names lol. Still has Dry Dry Ruins (no Yoshi Desert though, guess that's in the Yoshi Tour).

They've officially run out of Tour names lol. Still has Dry Dry Ruins (no Yoshi Desert though, guess that's in the Yoshi Tour).

Ninja Tour? Seriously Nintendo. There's so many other names you could have picked relating to Egypt or Egyptian mythology. Hell, even Desert Tour would be better.

Ninja Tour? Seriously Nintendo. There's so many other names you could have picked relating to Egypt or Egyptian mythology. Hell, even Desert Tour would be better.

There hasn't been a unique Tour name since Animal Tour in November, so I take this as a sign that they've officially given up on coming up with new ones (perhaps another sign of support winding down). Surely the remaining cities will have the appropriate names for their first Tours but otherwise I think they're done getting creative.

Excited for Dry Dry Ruins next week cause I remember it being one of the better desert tracks in the series. Also next Mii costume looks like it's Pirahna Plant?

I feel like I'm seeing more and more people talking confidently about a BCP2 recently.
It's a pretty unrealistic idea imo

I doubt there's a BCP2. But there may be one last surprise wave. That's more likely to me. And that's after them just leaving it after 6.

I kinda feel like the booster pass filled a nice gap in Nintendo's schedule usually occupied by Smash announcements, and once this year is done and dusted, their team will be all hands on deck for Mario Kart 10. The booster has done its job, getting people to sub for the expansion pass and getting fans chinwagging, but it's no replacement for a bona fide new instalment.

I did finally get a chance to play wave 4 this weekend. I've been decidedly lukewarm about the Tour tracks so far but Singapore is a legit banger. The Yoshi's Island track is phenomenal too, such a great callback to that game. Mario Kart needs to do more of that in my opinion, reaching into Mario's extensive history and creating tracks based on past games.

Full roster evolution :

1679220441-8ohbbb.jpg

Base game

1679220518-eeee.jpg

With unlockables

1679220881-mmmm.jpg

With DLCs

1679220453-mario-kart-characters-15.jpg

Switch port

1678324148-fqvxeiwaaait1v1.jpg

With Booster Course Pass

Something I wish they would do is an option in Vs mode to play the tracks in chronological order.
Starting with SNES tracks and ending with Tour tracks, in the order of the original game cups for console games, and in the order of release on Tour for Tour tracks.
It could be a fun experience to play.
Well I don't believe it at all, but we can hope for a Vs 96 races option once the DLC is finished, that would be pretty good already.

Has the theory of the fourth GCN track being cancelled in favor of Dry Dry Ruins been discussed here yet? It would make a decent amount of sense. Dry Dry Ruins would end up in Wave 6 where Maple Treeway was. Mushroom Bridge would have made more sense in Wave 4, Mushroom City would be just another city track, and only one of DK Mountain/Dino Dino Jungle is making it in. Maybe Dry Dry Ruins got added in for variety?

Has the theory of the fourth GCN track being cancelled in favor of Dry Dry Ruins been discussed here yet? It would make a decent amount of sense. Dry Dry Ruins would end up in Wave 6 where Maple Treeway was. Mushroom Bridge would have made more sense in Wave 4, Mushroom City would be just another city track, and only one of DK Mountain/Dino Dino Jungle is making it in. Maybe Dry Dry Ruins got added in for variety?
I hope not. GCN doesn't have many tracks in the DLC, taking away one would be pretty disappointing. And on top of that for a Wii track, which has tons of tracks in the DLC compared to DS or 3DS, which have beloved/cool tracks that are going to be left out.

And that Wii track isn't Toad Factory, so that's already a personal offense hahaha.

With 3 GCN tracks left we either get 2 in Wave 5 or 2 in Wave 6 to fill in the gap left by Maple Treeway coming out early. I could see them stick Koopa Cape out of Wave 5 into Maple Treeway's old Wave 6 slot, meaning we get 2 GCN tracks in Wave 5.

I'm a little late to the party, but happy belated birthday to the Booster Course Pass and happy 100 pages of Mario Kart discussion! I'm happy that this ST has gotten so much buzz, and I wanted to thank everyone who has participated in this thread over the past year.

So, how far can we go before the BCP ends - or before the next Mario Kart is released?

If we lose a GCN track (and I don't think we will), I would prefer it to be for Airship Fortress.

I doubt it, thus far the bcp outside of some track reshuffling, has basically followed the original data mine to the letter. There's no reason to think the 48 courses planned for the bcp weren't locked in over a year ago.

I'm going to be so gutted if they axed a GCN track. Especially because it'll probably be Mushroom Bridge, which I was looking forward to the most. 😒

Do you think we could have another character than Diddy in the second slot of the new column? Obviously we can think of Petey to be next to King Boo, but I don't think Nintendo care much about placement already, and I feel like they would want to fix the lacks of the base game first. Diddy definitely sounds like the second most logical character to put in for me.

The original prefix order is still being followed in the file structure, so I don't think they'll swap out any of the tracks they clearly had planned from day one. Order will keep switching around out of necessity now though, but I don't think we're losing any of the GCN tracks or non-city Tour tracks like i've seen people speculate about.

The original prefix order is still being followed in the file structure, so I don't think they'll swap out any of the tracks they clearly had planned from day one. Order will keep switching around out of necessity now though, but I don't think we're losing any of the GCN tracks or non-city Tour tracks like i've seen people speculate about.
OH good.. I didn't know that was a possibillity to straight up lose a GCN track in the BCP

Yeah it seems highly unlikely that the track choices were not already decided before Wave 1 launched. It's clear that from the prefix datamine and how the filenames of the tracks continue to follow the prefix datamine despite the shuffling shows that it is very unlikely any track is being scrapped - we are still getting 3 more GCN tracks, we aren't getting any more N64, DS, and 3DS tracks, we are still getting 4 non-city Tour tracks across Wave 5 and Wave 6, we are still getting 1 more SNES track etc.

Yeah I legit hope something gets dropped and we get Airship Fortress as a track still, leaks, analysis, and that all be damned. I just don't want to have to trade the rare Gamecube track for it.

Not too interesting this time. Another increase for the already massive GBA and GCN gaps, Daisy Circuit and Piranha Plant Cove 3. The DS gap has been fully closed though so RIP Delfino Square (Monte Town).

Mario_Kart_ID_Gap.png

Not too interesting yet again. Dry Dry Ruins gap is closed so despite Grumble Volcano having datamined objects it isn't that far along yet. Only the big GBA gap and Daisy Circuit recieved further increases (two Tours in a row!) this time.

BcQdbv4.png

What's the build for Wario

Wario has to be good, if he's not, Nintendo failed and has to balance again
I'm a Wario main & Splat Buggy (rollers, paper glider) is the best build for him IMO. doesn't have a great MT turbo stat but it's better to drive than other fast alternatives eg Inkstriker. Wario Scooty is still the GOAT but it lacks top-end speed.

I was looking at 3DS courses right, and I was wondering, we're not getting anymore of those right? 3DS, DS and GBA courses are supposedly done?

Really makes you appreciate how much of a facelift 8DX gave Yoshi's Island, lol. Also there's Yoshi Desert, finally.

They barely showed Yoshi Desert in that clip so I need to see more to judge it. It just looks like a basic desert track at the moment though.

They barely showed Yoshi Desert in that clip so I need to see more to judge it. It just looks like a basic desert track at the moment though.

Yeah; two of the more notable visual elements (the oasis and Yoshi sphinx) aren't anywhere to be seen in the shots so far. Layout accuracy wise, what I can gather is that it might be the opposite of Riverside? In that the first few turns are definitely in tact, but one shot of a later turn seems to be pretty changed.

Also: Poochy.

BCB9CC8B-1CE5-4950-85C1-62E59835E4A5.png

Man, Tour is not kind to the desert tracks visually. Both Dry Dry Ruins and Yoshi Desert are incredibly garish.

With that being said, I would've rather had Yoshi Desert over Boo Lake, although I don't feel super strongly about most of the GBA tracks anyway. Maybe we'll get lucky with a BCP2 and see it there.

Glad I stockpiled rubies in Tour for a "break glass in case of new character" situation.
I’m having a mental breakdown of him or nabbit.

I just want the tour exclusives, I can play as the other characters in other games.

poochy not being in 8dx is a crime and should have been in instead of birdo that wave (birdo diddy and petey can all come in a double dash wave hehe)

But serisoly it’s a shame that while Nintendo valued the tour original courses they don’t the characters it seems. It would have been much nice to port over only your exclusives so there’s a place to play them when it shuts down, as much as I love birdo I can play other games for her, I can’t for nabbit poochy or kamek.

YouTube algorithm decided I should watch this today, and you all should too! (It is an April Fool's video)

Getting the arcade tracks in MK8DX would be pretty cool if the arcade tracks were actually good to play on and not the most basic things ever... but the GPDX ones do look very pretty!

Also as a new tour player what should I prioritize my tokens for?
The green tokens you get for making other drivers crash can be used on the token shop. I would collect as much as I can and drain the pipe; you can get lots of goodies such as rubies, coins and some tickets as well.

Also as a new tour player what should I prioritize my tokens for?
Along with what stingylettuce said, tokens you collect in the current Tour can only be used in the current Tour so you restart from 0 tokens at the start of the next Tour with the token shop also refreshing at the start of the next Tour with some different items for that Tour.

Back
Top Bottom