• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
Pre-Loads for BCP Now Available in Japan
  • Official announcement of pre-loads being available for Japan. Times will varry for the rest of the world, but it should be up everywhere soon enough.

Filesize is 18.0 MB; so yeah, all the actual data will be in the update that drops on launch day.

Pre-Loads for BCP Now Available in Europe/AU/NZ
  • Can confirm that the pre-load is now live on AU/NZ and UK eShops; probably all European eShops. US and associated regions have to wait a bit longer it seems.

unknown.png

Mario Kart Tour Tracklist - 3/11/2022
  • May as well repost the most up-to-date version of the Tour track list now that we're in the ST:

u916dH3.png

Was tempted to add Wii Koopa Cape since it's the only track from 7 missing, and there MIGHT be some object files pointing towards it; but those objects (wire mesh track and Unagi) have other courses they could be tied to, so it isn't as conclusive.

Also, chances are high that we see one of those upcoming Yoshi tracks show up soon with the yearly Yoshi Tour (the Easter event) on the way. They could always just have GCN Yoshi Circuit be the spotlight track again, but with multiple Yoshi-themed courses datamined it'd be weird if none of them showed up.

Last edited:
    4 DAYS LEFT - Join the Track Predictions Thread!
  • nsVto5Y.gif

Also don't forget to join prediction contest for fun! 🔥

Potential Ukraine Charity Tournament w/ Pipeline - Need Branding/Promo Material!
  • Cross-posting from the general thread:
    Hey folks, we’re in talks with Pipeline to collaborate on a Mario Kart tournament to raise money for Ukraine. I’m currently looking to see if anyone is able to help out with designing some branding/promotional material, like a logo and flyer for social media. If anyone is interested, please send me a DM!
    If we got anyone up for doing some branding/promo material, send WestEgg a DM!

Updated OP & Wave 1 Banners
  • Alright, the ST should be updated with all the latest information. Along with updating the main informational graphic, I thought I would freshen things up with some new banners referencing the Wave 2 courses.

For posterity, here are the banners used during Wave 1:

The-Race-Continues.png

(Mario + Tokyo Blur)

How-To-Purchase.png

(Peach + Coconut Mall)

Trailers-Media.png

(Luigi + Paris Promenade)

SeeYou.png

(Bowser + Ninja Hideaway)

Like I mentioned before, there was an Easter egg cameo hidden in one of the banners. I placed it in Banner 4, right behind Bowser - it's our good friend Pionpi from Super Mario Land! Why Pionpi, you might ask? Well, @Clov was hyping them up and it was on my mind when I made the banner.

But my cameo spree hasn't ended there! Now there are eight cameos across the Wave 2 banners. A couple are a reference to my other threads, while the other six are references to posters in this thread. Can you find and identify them all?

Wave 2 Poll Now Up!
  • New poll is up - choose your favorite Wave 2 course! Make sure to change your vote if you voted in the first poll. I didn't get to delete the old poll results.

...unrelated, but I find it funny how the "Nitro" term has stuck for new courses in Mario Kart fandom thanks to its usage in MKDS despite that just being a reference to the DS's code name, lol.

Wave 2 Banners + Cameos
  • I plan on updating the OP to discuss Wave 3 by the end of the week. In the meantime, like with Wave 1, I'd like to share the current banners here for posterity. As you all know, I hid two cameos in each banner, dedicating space to the top posters of this thread with their favorite characters.

For Banner 1, I decided to focus on myself, since I was the top poster in the thread. Using New York Minute as the background and taking the banner that would have Mario on it already, I decided to make cameos based on the other ST's I wrote this year. Thus, we have PAC-MAN to represent PAC-MAN MUSEUM + and Classic Tails to represent Sonic Origins.

The-Race-Continues-Wave2.png

Banner 2, depicting Sky-High Sundae, features Marx from Kirby to represent @MondoMega and Iroha Tamaki from Puella Magi Madoka to represent @xghost777.

How-To-Purchase-Wave2.png

Banner 3, depicting Sydney Sprint features the avatar of @Skipper93653 and Nenji Ogata from 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim to represent @Thunder84.
    Trailers-Media-Wave2.png

Lastly, Banner 4, depicting Waluigi Pinball, features Taki Tachibana from Your Name to represent @Magic-Man and Classic Sonic to represent @totofogo.

See-You-Wave2.png

Thank you to everyone who has posted in this thread in 2022! Looking forward to Wave 3 (and a few new banner cameos following a different, potentially more obvious theme) - let's hope for some great races on the new tracks!

Updated OP for Wave 3
  • The Wave 3 OP is now live! We got some new banners reflecting the new courses, as well as an updated course list graphic. And in those new banners, we got some more cameo Easter Eggs - I imagine the theme will be pretty obvious once y'all start spotting who I put in. Can you find them all?

Wave 3 Poll is up!
  • We got a new poll up for Wave 3! Choose your favorite course and let's see which one comes out on top.

My prediction is that 3DS Rainbow Road takes the crown, with Rock Rock Mountain coming in second place.

Wave 4 Release Trailer (Coming March 9, 2023)
  • WALUIGI STADIUM LOOKS SO GOOD DOUBLE DASH IS FINALLY HERE LFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG (btw I was hoping for something other than Mario Circuit as the final DS track but oh well.)
    Also, DK Summit being the Wii track, does this effectively kill DK Mountain's chances as one of the 4 GCN tracks?

Updated OP for Wave 4, Wave 3 Banners + Cameos
  • Busy day for the Mario Kart ST - that means we have an OP update! Enjoy the updated graphics, including new cameos for each banner.

For posterity, here are the banners used in the thread for Wave 3, alongside their cameos. The theme this go around was Nintendo game released in 2022!

Banner 1, featuring Merry Mountain, features cameos from Arceus (Pokemon Legends Arceus), the three members of Deep Cut (Splatoon 3), and Sprigatito (Pokemon Scarlet and Violet):

The-Race-Continues-Wave3.png

Banner 2, depicting London Loop, features cameos from Bayonetta (Bayonetta 3), Noah and Mio (Xenoblade Chronicles 3), and Shez (Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes):

How-To-Purchase-Wave3.png

Banner 3, depicting Berlin Byways, features cameos from a Sportsmate (Nintendo Switch Sports), Pauline (Mario Strikers: Battle League), and Fuecoco (Pokemon Scarlet and Violet):

Trailers-Media-Wave3.png

Banner 4, depicting 3DS Rainbow Road, features cameos from Kirby (Kirby and the Forgotten Land), Edge (Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope), and Quaxly (Pokemon Scarlet and Violet):

See-You-Wave3.png

We're in the second half of the Booster Course Pass, and the thread is still going strong. Thank you, everybody!!

Updated OP for Wave 5, Wave 4 Banners + Cameos
  • Say hello to the new and improved ST! I've swapped editing software and changed up how I approached the graphics and banners. As of writing this post, I haven't changed the title banner, but you may see some changes in the future.

As usual, here are the banners that were used for Wave 5. Each of them features a hidden cameo from The Super Mario Bros. Movie:

The-Race-Continues-Wave4.png

How-To-Purchase-Wave4.png

Trailers-Media-Wave4.png

See-You-Wave4.png

No cameos on the newest banners, at least not yet. I'm still getting used to my new software. But I hope you enjoy the spruced up presentation!

Wave 5 Poll + Wave 4 Poll Results
  • A couple of days late on this one, but with Wave 5 now released, we have an updated poll for the new courses. Pick your favorite and we'll see how it goes before Wave 6 is released!

As for Wave 4, Yoshi's Island was unsurprisingly the clear favorite. Still one of my favorite courses in the Booster Course Pass, myself!

Screenshot-2023-07-18-at-11-08-04-PM.png

Updated OP for Wave 6, Wave 5 Banners
  • Our last wave means one last set of banners to upload and preserve. I'll inevitable update the courses graphics once Wave 6 comes out, but we now have banners themed after every wave. So for posterity, here's the banners used for Wave 5:

The-Race-Continues-Wave-5.png

New-Racers-Wave-5.png

How-to-Purchase-Wave-5.png

Trailers-and-Media-Wave-5.png

See-You-Wave-5.png

No cameos this time or with Wave 6, but I did refine the visual presentation to something I feel pretty proud of. This was a long-term ST project, and I knew that going into the BCP. It's wild to see it finally come to a close, but it's nice to have a thread that's run for nearly two years off the back of these updates. We've come a long way from the days of Wave 1, and it'll be nice to see Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in its final released state.

Version 3.0.0 Patch Notes
  • Latest update: Ver. 3.0.0 (Released November 8th, 2023)​

Support for DLC​

• Added paid DLC: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass, Wave 6 (two cups, eight courses, four characters, 17 Mii racing suits).

General​

• Added “Music” button to the top menu.
      • This is a feature where you can listen to the background music that plays during the game, as you like.
      • Even players who don’t own the Booster Course Pass can listen to the background music of the DLC courses.
    • Added feature where other players who aren’t friends can join in a Room.
      • After creating a room, press the + Button or – Button to display the Room ID on the Room screen, and tell your fellow racers the Room ID.
      • The other racers can join by entering the Room ID in “Search by Room ID.”
    • Made it so that you can create a Room even if you have 0 friends registered.
    • Added staff credits for the Booster Couse Pass.
      • Conditions for seeing the credits
        • If you have the Booster Course Pass: Clear all DLC cups in Grand Prix mode ranked third or higher (for the second time and later, clear Moon Cup or Spiny Cup ranked third or higher).
        • If you don’t have the Booster Course Pass: After racing in the DLC courses in Online Play or Wireless Play 100 times or more, clear a random cup in Grand Prix mode ranked third or higher (for the second time and later, clear Bell Cup ranked third or higher).
    • Increased the invincibility time of a portion of characters and vehicle customizations.
    • Made it so that you can’t acquire strong items when taking an Item Box by stopping or driving in reverse, or taking an Item Box that is in same location multiple times during a race.
    • Shortened the time between when an Item Box is acquired by someone until it is restored.
    • Lowered the appearance rate of Mirror and 200cc in “Worldwide” and “Regional.”
    • Made it so you can acquire the “Varia Suit” when using a Metroid series amiibo.
    • Made it so you can acquire the “Hylian Suit” when using a Legend of Zelda series amiibo.
    • Made it so you can acquire the “Kirby Suit” when using a Kirby series amiibo.
    • Made it so you can acquire the “Daisy Suit” when using a Daisy amiibo.

Fixed Issues​

• Fixed an issue where no Bob-omb car blows up in Wii Moonview Highway, but a Bob-omb car blows up for someone you are playing with online.
    • Fixed an issue where, when racing against a Ghost in Time Trials on Yoshi's Island, the red road would not appear even though the Ghost touched the Winged Cloud.

Back
    Top Bottom