• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
Damn; Bangkok just shot pretty high up on my favourite city list. Real excited for it in 8DX now. Singapore too, though I already expected the Chinatown route to be awesome. Based on the layout we'll probably go through Chinatown twice in 8DX, so that'll make it better.

Datamining update coming whenever it can, lol.

Wow I wonder if Orlando is coming next month.

Mario_Kart_ID_Gap.png

Figure it’ll be worth quoting the previous update to make things easier to compare.

Mario_Kart_ID_Gap.png

Once again: Wow I wonder if Orlando is coming next month. Now i’m really wondering if we’ll just get all three variants in a single Tour; look at that monster sized gap.

Also, now that Bangkok is fully cleared we can suddenly see the gap for MobBR! It’s at 10 just like MobDK; wonder which will show up first.

Orlando launching with all 3 variants right off the bat would be interesting to see... getting those variants out asap could mean it might be one of the unknown city tracks in Wave 5 and/or was shuffled to Wave 4.

Damn; Bangkok just shot pretty high up on my favourite city list. Real excited for it in 8DX now. Singapore too, though I already expected the Chinatown route to be awesome. Based on the layout we'll probably go through Chinatown twice in 8DX, so that'll make it better.

Nice to hear the rare review for the latest city courses. They really have gotten better with time! It'll be fun to race on them in MK8D!

Personally, I don’t really see how we’d go through Chinatown twice. The track is laid out very nicely for three variants, so doing that doesn’t really accomplish much besides extending the track.

Certainly not impossible, they did it with Sydney, but I think Singapore is large enough where that isn’t warranted.

The track is laid out very nicely for three variants

It isn't, is the thing. Like Sydney and Berlin (and some other courses we'll see in the future) one of the laps goes in the opposite direction of the others (in this case, Singapore 3), and I very much doubt they'll just use Singapore 3R since the normal direction ends with the perfect off-road ramp cut that Nintendo love to put at the end of tracks. With that in mind my proposal for Singapore's route would be:

Lap 1: SS1
Lap 2: SS2, then a hard left turn at the Helix Bridge to SS3
Lap 3: Start of SS1R (up to the blimp), then SS3 (Chinatown section to finish line)

Biggest issue is that Lap 2 would end up pretty long, but that's the only solution I have that can keep all three regular routes mostly in tact.

An alternative that doesn't go into Chinatown twice could be

Lap 1: Same
Lap 2: Same, but going into SS1R instead of SS3
Lap 3: SS3

but the cannon placement in SS1R would make the turn impossible (and there isn't much space to reposition it) so I don't think this is the route they will use.

Last edited:
It isn't, is the thing. Like Sydney and Berlin (and some other courses we'll see in the future) one of the laps goes in the opposite direction of the others (in this case, Singapore 3), and I very much doubt they'll just use Singapore 3R since the normal direction ends with the perfect off-road ramp cut that Nintendo love to put at the end of tracks. With that in mind my proposal for Singapore's route would be:

Lap 1: SS1
Lap 2: SS2, then a hard left turn at the Helix Bridge to SS3
Lap 3: Start of SS1R (up to the blimp), then SS3 (Chinatown section to finish line)

Biggest issue is that Lap 2 would end up pretty long, but that's the only solution I have that can keep all three regular routes mostly in tact.

An alternative that doesn't go into Chinatown twice could be

Lap 1: Same
Lap 2: Same, but going into SS1R instead of SS3
Lap 3: SS3

but the cannon placement in SS1R would make the turn impossible (and there isn't much space to reposition it) so I don't think this is the route they will use.
We’ve already seen Nintendo forgo a final shortcut before by flipping London Loop 3, so I do t think that holds a ton of weight. If they’re so desperate for it, they could also just go with SS1R and SS2R instead.

It’ll ultimately depend on how fast it plays in MK8. If it’s as short as Sydney Sprint, then I think it’s feasible. But if it’s closer in length to London Loop or Berlin Byways (which I’m anticipating), then I doubt they do any of that, and just stick with the simple route given.

We’ve already seen Nintendo forgo a final shortcut before by flipping London Loop 3, so I do t think that holds a ton of weight. If they’re so desperate for it, they could also just go with SS1R and SS2R instead.

It’ll ultimately depend on how fast it plays in MK8. If it’s as short as Sydney Sprint, then I think it’s feasible. But if it’s closer in length to London Loop or Berlin Byways (which I’m anticipating), then I doubt they do any of that, and just stick with the simple route given.

Little confused here, so i'll just have to break this down into dot points.
  • LL3N doesn't have a end shortcut like that though? 8DX did use like Reverse version, good point; but unlike Singapore 3 there's at least no element of the track that is lost going backwards. With SS3R you lose the alternate rooftop path, and by going in through the exit you'd miss the welcome sign at the proper enterance. Don't think they would do it this way.
  • SS1R and SS2R don't have the off-road cut, only SS3 covers that section of the track; hence my suggestion of combining SS1R and SS3 for Lap 3.
  • Sydney is just a few seconds longer than Berlin though, and both aren't that much shorter than London (going by time trial world records), so there's not that great a point of comparison there for length.
With how much emphasis Chinatown has, having a music track transition and everything, I really don't think it'd be too outlandish for 8DX to go through it twice.

LL3N doesn't have an end shortcut like that though? 8DX did use like Reverse version, good point; but unlike Singapore 3 there's at least no element of the track that is lost going backwards. With SS3R you lose the alternate rooftop path, and by going in through the exit you'd miss the welcome sign at the proper enterance. Don't think they would do it this way.
Was referring to the shortcuts in the park, which I suppose isn’t technically London Loop 3. Still though, it’s some major shortcut potential that is lost by starting everyone in that direction.

Sydney is just a few seconds longer than Berlin though, and both aren't that much shorter than London (going by time trial world records), so there's not that great a point of comparison there for length.
Sydney is that length because Lap 2 sends everyone down two different routes. Had they simply partitioned the laps into the separate routes, with Lap 2 just being Sydney 3 instead of the weird amalgamation we got, it would be quite a bit shorter, more comparable to the first three Tour tracks. Probably due to how early Sydney was supposedly created.

That’s where my concern lies, because I doubt that Singapore is short enough to do that. Looping everyone around Chinatown twice might extend the time way too long if the current routes as is take 40-50 seconds each in MK8’s engine. The initial lap 2 you proposed could easily extend well beyond a minute given the track’s size, which could in turn push the track beyond the 3:00 mark. If the length is too prohibitive, then there isn’t much Nintendo can really do.

If there isn’t any way to make that rooftop shortcut work in SS3R, or Nintendo desperately wants to have that lap 3 shortcut, the only way might have to be to reverse the other two routes, if the track is simply too big.

Why does the length of the track matter? As long as it isn’t too short I don’t think people are going to complain.

Why does the length of the track matter? As long as it isn’t too short I don’t think people are going to complain.
If the track is extending beyond 3:00, it absolutely matters. That’s way too long for any track, and I really doubt Nintendo would do that when a much easier alternative is available.

Would Singapore hit that? Dunno. Hard to say given how much the BCP scales things up. But I think it’s very much a possibility.

If the track is extending beyond 3:00, it absolutely matters. That’s way too long for any track, and I really doubt Nintendo would do that when a much easier alternative is available.

Would Singapore hit that? Dunno. Hard to say given how much the BCP scales things up. But I think it’s very much a possibility.
I’m saying why does that absolutely matter. Is this some budget concern, it’ll cause problems in online multiplayer, pro players or fans are going to revolt, or what? Is this a vibe thing? I think 1/80 tracks being longer is fine. Might help it stand out positively even!

I’m saying why does that absolutely matter. Is this some budget concern, it’ll cause problems in online multiplayer, pro players or fans are going to revolt, or what? Is this a vibe thing? I think 1/80 tracks being longer is fine. Might help it stand out positively even!
It’s something that Nintendo has pretty clearly been avoiding with MK8 as a whole though. I dunno why Singapore would be the one to break that trend.

Sure, it’s technically possible. But considering the game it’s in, or hell, the franchise as a whole, I sincerely doubt this is where they make an exception. I certainly hope they don’t, in any case. Short tracks are always better than long ones in my book.

It’s something that Nintendo has pretty clearly been avoiding with MK8 as a whole though. I dunno why Singapore would be the one to break that trend.

Sure, it’s technically possible. But considering the game it’s in, or hell, the franchise as a whole, I sincerely doubt this is where they make an exception. I certainly hope they don’t, in any case. Short tracks are always better than long ones in my book.
I feel like the most important thing is that the track is fun. If it’s 3:30 or whatever, but the whole time it’s fun, I don’t think anyone is going to be all that worried about it ultimately. The DLC has been breaking established rules left and right with route changes for different laps including for classic tracks like Kalimari Desert and Peach Gardens too. I’m not familiar with the track in question or invested in whether it breaks the mold or not, I was more confused where the hard 3:00 sentiment was coming from.

I put together an incredibly rushed and messy proof of concept for my route:

150cc in Tour is slower than the equivalent speed in 8DX but it'd still run a bit long... but still shorter than a three-lap Wii Rainbow Road would be in 8DX so I think we'll be fine :)

The DLC has already smashed the base game record for longest track twice over (first Waluigi Pinball, then Maple Treeway; in the base game the longest track was Toad Harbor) so doing it two more times doesn't sound like a big deal to me.

I think we have some evidence that the chinatown section will be on the final lap, since the prefetch leak has a normal and final lap version of the music unlike 3ds rainbow road with the moon as that doesn't have a final lap version in mk8dx.

EDIT: well 3ds rainbow road did have a moon final lap prefetch but that was a copy of the 3ds version, the mk8dx remix never ended up getting a final lap music track for the moon.

I think we have some evidence that the chinatown section will be on the final lap, since the prefetch leak has a normal and final lap version of the music unlike 3ds rainbow road with the moon as that doesn't have a final lap version in mk8dx.

EDIT: well 3ds rainbow road did have a moon final lap prefetch but that was a copy of the 3ds version, the mk8dx remix never ended up getting a final lap music track for the moon.
Nah, there’s a final lap remix for 3DS Rainbow Road. You have to drive backwards to hear it, but it does exist.

EDIT: I take it back, YouTube lied to me. Disregard.

Really hope Waluigi stadium is in the next wave. That was so weird that they held it back.

Like what they’ve been doing with their games recently…

So before it's potentially announced, what's the final word on that Yoshi track? I guess I missed where this speculation comes from or even what it'll be (aside from the prefix-less tracks leaked).

So before it's potentially announced, what's the final word on that Yoshi track? I guess I missed where this speculation comes from or even what it'll be (aside from the prefix-less tracks leaked).
Mondomega could tell you more about the particulars, but the short version is that there are a lot of datamined Yoshi objects in Tour and a course with the initials YI so Yoshi’s Island. The Fruit Cup is in Wave 4 and we are expecting one brand new course from the prefix leak, so the Yoshi’s Island track makes a ton of sense to be here.

Really going to wonder all over again how Waves 4-6 are going to roll out. If this is cool, I’m going to want it in Wave 4 lol. Wonder if it’s all underwater or if it has a beach section? Kind of hoping for the former since that’d make it unique. Only course right now I think they wouldn’t want it in the same Wave with would be Koopa Cape.

Edit: I just learned this course is definitely not all underwater. If you zoom in on the top right corner you can see the top of the water.

Last edited:
Sorry for four in a row, but seeing this track really hit me how weird it is that we have 13/24 tracks remaining being new to consoles. Having so much new stuff to look forward to this year is so cool.

Really going to wonder all over again how Waves 4-6 are going to roll out. If this is cool, I’m going to want it in Wave 4 lol. Wonder if it’s all underwater or if it has a beach section? Kind of hoping for the former since that’d make it unique. Only course right now I think they wouldn’t want it in the same Wave with would be Koopa Cape.

Looks like it’ll go above water in the screenshot, no? Item boxes in front of the stairs that go above water.

The Japanese name of the course is Packun Temple (or Shrine, etc), so i’d imagine the whole thing is ruins / temple themed rather than the English title’s implication of a beach.

Looks like it’ll go above water in the screenshot, no? Item boxes in front of the stairs that go above water.

The Japanese name of the course is Packun Temple (or Shrine, etc), so i’d imagine the whole thing is ruins / temple themed rather than the English title’s implication of a beach.
You are definitely right. I thought the whole picture was underwater, but I didn’t look in that top right corner closely enough to see the top of the water there. Yeah with the item boxes at the base of the stairs it definitely isn’t exclusively underwater. It all being in a cave at least would still be cool.

Does Yoshi stay in Fruit cup and they move a City back or is Yoshi a no show for Wave 4 for you?

I’m not committed yet myself how this changes the guessing game or not.
Yoshi doesn't make it into Wave 4. The symbols don't always lineup with the tracks in any given cup, like how Sydney Sprint wasn't in the Boomerang Cup.

Yoshi doesn't make it into Wave 4. The symbols don't always lineup with the tracks in any given cup, like how Sydney Sprint wasn't in the Boomerang Cup.
Sometimes they do though, with Rock Rock Mountain and Maple Treeway in the Rock Cup and Rainbow Road in Moon Cup.

Also, they deliberately put the „new“ track in the fruit cup, normally it’s the last track of the second cup per wave, the „finale“. I do agree though that it’s odd to see the track so soon: Maybe the yoshi tracks stays in fruit cup and we get the underwater track for the other Wave 4 cup? Going by the prefixes, it currently has two tour tracks which is kinda odd.

One thing to note with Piranha Plant Cove is the supposed pattern of new tracks being featured in Tour the week after their BCP debut. I find it fairly unlikely they’d feature the same track twice in such a short timespan.

Of course, there’s a few explanations for how/why they don’t do that this time around:
  • BCP Wave 4 releases one week before the Yoshi Tour, in which case it would make no sense to feature Piranha Plant Cove, so they decided to forgo the pattern this time around.
  • There are multiple new tracks in Wave 4, with Nintendo shaking up the prefix leak order. The other new track is what gets featured the week after (which could still be Yoshi).
  • Nintendo just doesn’t give a fuck anymore about this pattern.
Or, of course, they could just not release PPC in Wave 4 at all. Thankfully, we’ll probably know by next week if the direct rumors hold up.

Wave 3 showed that Nintendo isn't against shifting courses around. I wouldn't be surprised if Piranha Plant Cove came early because it's already finished. Maybe we get both Yoshi's Island and Pirahna Plant Cove, and something like DK Summit gets released later?

Fans: "Can we get Wario Shipyard in MK8D?"

Nintendo: "We have Wario Shipyard at home"

Wario Shipyard at home:

Back
Top Bottom