• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters

BERLIN MUSIC

The music sounds fantastic, but I'd say the more interesting thing here are the minimaps of the Tour tracks.

GFiSDzr.png

Berlin looks pretty much exactly like my final prediction: the unused track crossing the main road is used, and the final lap is Berlin Byways 1. This will probably end up exactly like I expect it to look like. What's more interesting, however...

SmW9c8M.png

...is London. There are two pieces of unused track here: one at the top, connecting the roundabout to London Loop 2 (which appears to be the final lap), and another portion on the right, connecting London Loop 1 and London Loop 3 (this piece shows up in lap 1, based on the footage we have from the above advert).

It seems small, but given that every piece of the track will likely be raced on at some point, London Loop just got a whole lot more interesting.

The music sounds fantastic, but I'd say the more interesting thing here are the minimaps of the Tour tracks.

GFiSDzr.png

Berlin looks pretty much exactly like my final prediction: the unused track crossing the main road is used, and the final lap is Berlin Byways 1. This will probably end up exactly like I expect it to look like. What's more interesting, however...

SmW9c8M.png

...is London. There are two pieces of unused track here: one at the top, connecting the roundabout to London Loop 2 (which appears to be the final lap), and another portion on the right, connecting London Loop 1 and London Loop 3 (this piece shows up in lap 1, based on the footage we have from the above advert).

It seems small, but given that every piece of the track will likely be raced on at some point, London Loop just got a whole lot more interesting.
Someone get Swiftjar

Could start using Loop 3's direction, follow that until you reach the roundabout, go around 3/4 of that and take the last junction and follow the quickest route to get back to the start in the direction for Loop 1/2.

edit: that doesn't account for the section above the roundabout so probably not. I expect it's all about some way to turn to the other direction though.

Could start using Loop 3's direction, follow that until you reach the roundabout, go around 3/4 of that and take the last junction and follow the quickest route to get back to the start in the direction for Loop 1/2.

edit: that doesn't account for the section above the roundabout so probably not. I expect it's all about some way to turn to the other direction though.
I doubt it. Lap 1 has racers going down the unused track piece to the right, but it's still ultimately following the same direction of London Loop 1 (moving clockwise around the map). Given that lap 2 also moves clockwise, I doubt there's any flipping going on, unless they decide to do so in the final lap. The trick is gonna be figuring out when/how racers will go through the market, given that they clearly won't be doing so on lap 1.

I think the roundabout could be fully used if one of the laps sends down the beginning of London Loop 2, but then uses the other unused piece of track to send everyone south into London Loop 3. Would let racers decide which side of the roundabout they want to use, kinda like in Paris Promenade.

Are some rival characters in the 8DX Grand Prix missing due to a bug? There were reports that some rival characters in 8DX Grand Prix were missing due to a bug, so I checked it out. The orange boxes are the missing rival characters, and the shaded areas are the characters that have disappeared as rivals. It seems that all Mario and Peach (including costume changes and metalised characters) are missing from the rival character slots.

Considerations:
The rival characters of Mario and Peach, who originally existed in costume and metalised form, suddenly disappear.
・ A slot for a new rival character is being reserved → Implementation of a new character?

I think the easiest way to implement the new track next to the market would be to introduce a split path in lap 1. Racers can either go through the market to get an item, or they can take the new track, which is shorter but seemingly doesn't have an item box.

As for the new track on the roundabout, as I said above, I think they'll use this to connect London Loop 2 to London Loop 3. Racers approach the roundabout from the north, pick their direction, and then continue south onto the boardwalk.

RzCjsqS.png

Very lazy mockup. Lap 1 is red, laps 2/3 are interchangeable. I swapped the endings of London Loop 1 and London Loop 3 so that lap 1 would be a bit longer and the blue lap would be a bit shorter; a more accurate route would have the red route going straight at the final intersection and the blue route taking a right. There isn't anything to suggest which would go where, so that's just speculation on my part.

Nintendo bringing over additional characters would be excellent, especially considering how strong the roster is in Tour, but I feel like that would've been the plan from the start of the BCP.

From what we've seen from the footage, this is my route prediction for Berlin Byways:
Red - Lap 1 (Berlin Byways 2)
Green - Lap 2 (Berlin Byways 3, with the last bit of Berlin Byways 1 to turn the racers around)
Blue - Lap 3 (Berlin Byways 1)

The part on the minimap where the green skips over nothing is like that because there was an unused road there in tour which seems like it is being used in MK8DX since it appears on the minimap there but not tour so I think it will be used during lap 2 to turn the players around to get ready for lap 3.
BerlinBywaysPrediction.png

Nintendo bringing over additional characters would be excellent, especially considering how strong the roster is in Tour, but I feel like that would've been the plan from the start of the BCP.
I think Wave 4 would be a good time to do it if it’s going to happen. It would be a shot in the arm of excitement for the second year of DLC. If it doesn’t happen then, I don’t think it’s happening.

The only way I'd expect new characters if if Nintendo intends to continue supporting Mario Kart 8 Deluxe long-term. Would probably come alongside another BCP and some new battle stages from Tour.

I know it's too early to be thinking about the future, but damn Wave 4 is gonna be super weird compared to the rest of the waves so far. 3 city tracks (Amsterdam, Singapore, and Los Angeles), 1 completely new track (Yoshi's Island), Airship Fortress, Sunset Wilds, and probably DK Summit and Daisy Cruiser. What a weird selection of tracks.

I know it's too early to be thinking about the future, but damn Wave 4 is gonna be super weird compared to the rest of the waves so far. 3 city tracks (Amsterdam, Singapore, and Los Angeles), 1 completely new track (Yoshi's Island), Airship Fortress, Sunset Wilds, and probably DK Summit and Daisy Cruiser. What a weird selection of tracks.
Doesn't seem that strange to me, although I don't really think we can pinpoint the GCN track yet. I think it's gonna be Waluigi Stadium myself, but it realistically could be anything. The other three though? Yeah, those feel like locks, as does the Yoshi track.

Could also see Vancouver or Bangkok swapped in, although I'm anticipating the city tracks will stay the same for Wave 4.

Doesn't seem that strange to me, although I don't really think we can pinpoint the GCN track yet. I think it's gonna be Waluigi Stadium myself, but it realistically could be anything. The other three though? Yeah, those feel like locks, as does the Yoshi track.

Could also see Vancouver or Bangkok swapped in, although I'm anticipating the city tracks will stay the same for Wave 4.
Waluigi Stadium wouldn't make sense with DK Summit because they're both halfpipe focused tracks. That's my line of thinking at least.

Waluigi Stadium wouldn't make sense with DK Summit because they're both halfpipe focused tracks. That's my line of thinking at least.
That’s definitely a good way to look at it. My overall point was more that I don’t think we can really narrow it down to one specific GCN track, rather than me saying it will specifically be Waluigi Stadium. Could easily end up being something like Mushroom Bridge too.

They didn’t stop Mushroom Gorge and Sky High Sundae for being back to back. I think Waluigi Stadium and DK Summit have enough difference in how you approach the half pipe sections it’s probably fine too.

The Wave 3 OP is now live! We got some new banners reflecting the new courses, as well as an updated course list graphic. And in those new banners, we got some more cameo Easter Eggs - I imagine the theme will be pretty obvious once y'all start spotting who I put in. Can you find them all?
Love the new banners and updated graphics! Now we just need that poll reset!

Love the new banners and updated graphics! Now we just need that poll reset!
Thank you! I'm planning on getting the poll reset done once the courses actually come out - no use in putting up the favorite course poll without actually being able to play the courses in MK8D!

Nintendo could charge for new skins let alone characters and people would gladly pay it. Having said that new skins wouldn't go amiss and Wave 3 which is half way in would be the perfect time to add them. New character(s) would be above and beyond and an incredible surprise were it to materialize.

Wednesday evening in your timezone probably, since it's dated fo the 8th in Japan and down here.
I don't know what time zone you have, but America and Europe are getting it on the 7th, which means it'll be a morning release in America, afternoon in Europe and midnight/next day for Japan and Australia. If it were an evening release in America, Europe would be getting it on the 8th, but they're not.

Last edited:
I don't know what time zone you have, but America and Europe are getting it on the 7th, which means it'll be a morning release in America, afternoon in Europe and midnight/next day for Japan and Australia. If it were an evening release in America, Europe would be getting it on the 8th, but they're not.
Good point. The 10AM EDT release time of Wave 2 placed the release at exactly midnight in Japan and Australia, so it’s probably the same this time too.

I take back what I said. Good job, Nintendo.

With Wave 3 nearly here, I'm gonna try to get ahead of any more potential datamines and compile my current predictions for the next three waves. Gonna stick by the prefix numbers, despite still being fairly skeptical of them.

Berry Cup
  • Tour Amsterdam Drift
  • GCN Mushroom Bridge
  • DS Airship Fortress
  • ??? (could swap positions with DS Airship Fortress)
Boomerang Cup
  • Tour Singapore Speedway (could swap with Vancouver)
  • GBA Sunset Wilds
  • Wii DK Summit
  • Tour Los Angeles Laps
Feather Cup
  • Tour Vancouver Velocity
  • SNES Bowser's Castle (could be any of them)
  • Wii Koopa Cape
  • Tour ???
Cherry Cup
  • Tour Bangkok Rush
  • GBA Riverside Park (could also be GBA Yoshi Desert or GBA Cheep Cheep Island, or really any non-Bowser's Castle GBA track that winds up in Tour)
  • GCN Waluigi Stadium
  • ???
Acorn Cup
  • Tour ???
  • GCN Daisy Cruiser
  • ???
  • ???
Spiny Cup
  • Tour ???
  • ???
  • GCN DK Mountain
  • Wii Rainbow Road
Figuring out the positioning for the final cup is pretty difficult given that three of the tracks are complete unknowns, so those could get shuffled around a bit, besides Wii Rainbow Road of course. Was initially leaning towards GCN Waluigi Stadium in Wave 4, but it just didn't feel right to me, so I put GCN Mushroom Bridge in there instead, so that there will still be a retro track in Wave 4 that is currently not in Tour (something that Nintendo seems to like doing, based on the first three waves).

If the datamined Orlando track doesn't have gridlock traffic on I4 for no apparent reason I'm boycotting Nintendo

Ah, so we're already at "gimme the next wave" at...one day before release? One day we'll just play the courses and enjoy them, lol

inb4 "Wave 7 speculation" come this time in 2023
I’m just poking fun at how both Wave 1 and Wave 2 both had substantial leaks contained in them. I’m quite content with just Wave 3 at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom