• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
Just watched gameplay of Riverside Park and DK Mountain in Tour and now I'll be very surprised (and annoyed) if they don't make it into Deluxe. Especially Riverside Park. It's a really freaking good remake.

The waterfall at the end of Riverside Park feels like it was deliberately made for MK8's water effects on the screen, and DK Mountain is so big in scope that it's hard to imagine them making it just for Tour. I think both are pretty likely to make it in.

Technically no new ID gaps this Tour; just gaps before Riverside and after DK Mountain, but we already expected those gaps to be hiding more than one course (Luigi Circuit for the former; Waluigi Stadium and Mushroom Bridge / City for the latter).

Certain gaps are increasing in size though. The gaps where Luigi Circuit, Snow Land and Peach Gardens are all grew once again; and the gap after Amsterdam 2 is humongous, big enough for Amsterdam 3 AND either Athens or our Bathroom track (depending on what it’s called). And as the next Tour has been datamined to be Peach vs Bowser rematch, we might just see Peach Gardens next, and it could be the promo course for Wave 3 instead of Merry Mountain. We’ll have to see.

Last edited:
Speaking of gaps, there might be an interesting shakeup coming to the Tour original courses.

There's been a 2 ID gap between Paris 3 and Singapore 1 for awhile, and it's just been assumed to be Paris 4 (hence why I haven't mentioned it here before); but this Tour the gap has suddenly grown with 15 more IDs, which seems like a lot for just Paris 4. No known Mobile track would fit between the two alphabetically though, so perhaps we're seeing the surprise early glimpse at another city? Rio is the obvious one that could fit, but it's too early to make a call. Just another potentially interesting find.

Speaking of gaps, there might be an interesting shakeup coming to the Tour original courses.

There's been a 2 ID gap between Paris 3 and Singapore 1 for awhile, and it's just been assumed to be Paris 4 (hence why I haven't mentioned it here before); but this Tour the gap has suddenly grown with 15 more IDs, which seems like a lot for just Paris 4. No known Mobile track would fit between the two alphabetically though, so perhaps we're seeing the surprise early glimpse at another city? Rio is the obvious one that could fit, but it's too early to make a call. Just another potentially interesting find.
Huh, a new city course that hasn't been datamined would throw a gigantic wrench into the mix for MK8D speculation. That means at least one city course wouldn't make it in.

Huh, a new city course that hasn't been datamined would throw a gigantic wrench into the mix for MK8D speculation. That means at least one city course wouldn't make it in.
It's obviously way too early to say definitively, but that could be a sign of a second BCP, or at the very least more DLC. Part of the main appeal of the BCP was bringing over Tour content to home console, but if we aren't getting all of the primary content, then that kinda defeats the purpose. Might even tie in to the prefixes getting shuffled around too: rather than trying to stuff every City/Nitro into the first BCP, Nintendo could instead push some of those to the second BCP, so as to spread out the content a bit more.

More likely option is just that some of the datamined Tour tracks are indeed battle maps though, which would solve the problem pretty easily.

Speaking about this, all city courses currently available in Mario Kart Tour were datamined in the sound leak right?

It's obviously way too early to say definitively, but that could be a sign of a second BCP, or at the very least more DLC. Part of the main appeal of the BCP was bringing over Tour content to home console, but if we aren't getting all of the primary content, then that kinda defeats the purpose. Might even tie in to the prefixes getting shuffled around too: rather than trying to stuff every City/Nitro into the first BCP, Nintendo could instead push some of those to the second BCP, so as to spread out the content a bit more.

More likely option is just that some of the datamined Tour tracks are indeed battle maps though, which would solve the problem pretty easily.
IIRC all the city courses (except MU) have normal city track pieces assigned to them. So that rules out battle courses.

Speaking about this, all city courses currently available in Mario Kart Tour were datamined in the sound leak right?
Yes. London Loop, Berlin Byways, Amsterdam Drift, Singapore Speedway, Los Angeles Laps, Bangkok Rush, and Vancouver Velocity all had their music leaked.

Did we ever figure out what the last GCN track was? We already know Waluigi Stadium is a thing and IIRC Daisy Cruiser is in the banner leak. The third course is either DK Mountain or Dino Dino Jungle (doubt they both get in), so that leaves one remaining track. Maybe Bowsers Castle or Mushroom Bridge?

Did we ever figure out what the last GCN track was? We already know Waluigi Stadium is a thing and IIRC Daisy Cruiser is in the banner leak. The third course is either DK Mountain or Dino Dino Jungle (doubt they both get in), so that leaves one remaining track. Maybe Bowsers Castle or Mushroom Bridge?
Daisy Cruiser was not in the banner. The only banner tracks that weren’t confirmed in the music leak were DK Summit and Koopa Cape.

With that being said, I’d say it’s pretty much a lock to get in regardless, along with one of the jungle tracks. As for the 4th (if there is one), then it’s almost certainly one of Mushroom Bridge/City or Bowser’s Castle.

Daisy Cruiser was not in the banner. The only banner tracks that weren’t confirmed in the music leak were DK Summit and Koopa Cape.

With that being said, I’d say it’s pretty much a lock to get in regardless, along with one of the jungle tracks. As for the 4th (if there is one), then it’s almost certainly one of Mushroom Bridge/City or Bowser’s Castle.
There was four GCN tracks listed in the datamine. While tracks could always change places, I doubt any get removed. Mushroom City I highly doubt gets in, it would be yet another city track when over a quarter of the DLC will already be city tracks.

I'm kinda wondering if we might see a beginner course like Peach Beach or Luigi Circuit? The first wave had a few basic tracks like that. I'd be surprised if we didn't get at least a couple more.

We don't even have confirmation for Daisy Cruiser actually (and I don't think it being on the banner would be possible since it was only just completed for Tour around the time Wave 1 launched); only Waluigi Stadium from the banner + music leak. I say it's pretty likely but technically we don't know; like Airship Fortress for the last DS spot.

For the last two spots I figure one is either DK Mountain or Dino Dino Jungle (as you said, it won't be both; and playing DK Mountain in Tour myself I think it has the better odds); and the other would be whichever of Mushroom Bridge or Mushroom City ends up making it into Tour.

We don't even have confirmation for Daisy Cruiser actually (and I don't think it being on the banner would be possible since it was only just completed for Tour around the time Wave 1 launched); only Waluigi Stadium from the banner + music leak. I say it's pretty likely but technically we don't know; like Airship Fortress for the last DS spot.

For the last two spots I figure one is either DK Mountain or Dino Dino Jungle (as you said, it won't be both; and playing DK Mountain in Tour myself I think it has the better odds); and the other would be whichever of Mushroom Bridge or Mushroom City ends up making it into Tour.
I really hope it's Mushroom Bridge for variety. Mushroom City would be incredibly redundant with the sheer number of city courses that will be in the game by the time the DLC is over. The real best choice would be Bowser Castle, but I'll take what I can get.

I really hope Peach Beach makes it in for the Booster Course Pass. I love the most difficult courses the most, but good beginner picks are important too.

There was four GCN tracks listed in the datamine. While tracks could always change places, I doubt any get removed. Mushroom City I highly doubt gets in, it would be yet another city track when over a quarter of the DLC will already be city tracks.

I'm kinda wondering if we might see a beginner course like Peach Beach or Luigi Circuit? The first wave had a few basic tracks like that. I'd be surprised if we didn't get at least a couple more.
I think you’re reading into the name a bit too much. The only other City track that really matches up with Mushroom City is New York Minute; everything else is either a day/evening track or quite a bit different tonally.

I feel like you can draw just as many similarities between Mushroom Bridge and Tokyo Blur, Sydney Sprint, etc. You could even argue it’s too similar to Shroom Ridge, even the name is pretty similar.

As for the possibility of a GCN track getting removed, I could see that happening if a BCP2 is in the works, as I said above. A lot easier to move a track to a 2nd DLC than it is to scrap it entirely. That’s really the only scenario where I think it could happen though.

I think you’re reading into the name a bit too much. The only other City track that really matches up with Mushroom City is New York Minute; everything else is either a day/evening track or quite a bit different tonally.

I feel like you can draw just as many similarities between Mushroom Bridge and Tokyo Blur, Sydney Sprint, etc. You could even argue it’s too similar to Shroom Ridge, even the name is pretty similar.

As for the possibility of a GCN track getting removed, I could see that happening if a BCP2 is in the works, as I said above. A lot easier to move a track to a 2nd DLC than it is to scrap it entirely. That’s really the only scenario where I think it could happen though.
I mean, I've seen videos of Mushroom City. I'm not basing this on the name lol. But it's still a city setting and so is every other city Tour course. It could be day or night or have different buildings, but it's still skyscrapers and roads.

I mean, I've seen videos of Mushroom City. I'm not basing this on the name lol. But it's still a city setting and so is every other city Tour course. It could be day or night or have different buildings, but it's still skyscrapers and roads.
City tracks are moving away from focusing entirely on buildings, so I don't really think it's that big of a deal. Pair it up with a track like Amsterdam Drift and nobody would really care all that much.

Regardless, it'll come down to whichever track they're making for Tour. If they're making Mushroom City, then that'll almost certainly be the one in the BCP, assuming they add it at all. It sharing some similarities with a few other tracks isn't going to push them away all that much.

I think it's more likely for tracks to get completely scrapped than a BCP2 being in development. I would love it though

So Wave 3 has a GCN track, being Waluigi Stadium? And I take it that the new Tour having DK Mountain HIGHLY increases that course's chance of getting in?
Would've loved Dino Dino Jungle though, cus I like dinosaurs

So Wave 3 has a GCN track, being Waluigi Stadium? And I take it that the new Tour having DK Mountain HIGHLY increases that course's chance of getting in?
There’s a chance Waluigi Stadium became Maple Treeway this wave according to a leak (ie not the datamine). Waluigi would come later then.

Apparently (grain of salt) Waluigi Stadium got swapped out for Maple Treeway.

Honestly i'd argue Mushroom Bridge has more similarities (in layout) to Shroom Bridge than Mushroom City has to any of Tour's city courses. Thematically they're both urban themed, so i'm not sure either add a lot; but seeing as we're getting a minimum of four snow / winter themed courses (Snow Land, Merry Mountain, DK Summit, Vancouver) i'm not convinced they care a ton. I admit i'm biased towards City, i've have been asking for it to return for a long time now, but I really do think it has a shot.

Regardless of the choice something is going to become imbalanced in representation anyway. Mushroom Bridge would mean 8DX would have 3/4 GameCube tracks that were in MKDS (Yoshi Circuit and Baby Park are already in; only missing Luigi Circuit), and the DLC alone could have 3/4 of Double Dash's Flower Cup tracks (Waluigi Stadium and Daisy Cruiser are likely; only missing Mario Circuit). If both DK Mountain and Mushroom City make it then all of Double Dash's Star Cup would be in 8DX (Sherbet Land and Yoshi Circuit are already in).

Tour isn't necessarily stopping new content and if it did I doubt it would be for the sake of the BCP.
If they continue to add more city tracks at the same rate, it will take another 3 years before they have enough to launch another BCP sized pack, so maybe Mario Kart Next could get that.

Tour isn't necessarily stopping new content and if it did I doubt it would be for the sake of the BCP.
If they continue to add more city tracks at the same rate, it will take another 3 years before they have enough to launch another BCP sized pack, so maybe Mario Kart Next could get that.
This just makes me wonder what retro tracks will be in MK10, if any. All the major fan favorite tracks will be in MK8D by the time this DLC is done, and any track that isn't in MK8D will be in Tour. Could MK10 be the first Mario Kart game since Double Dash to only have original tracks?

I kind of hate Cheese Land and fail to get it's popularity 🤣 though me sucking at it is a big reason why :p

I always pictured cheeseland as being in the moon, which also happens to be made of cheese. It's a much more interesting concept than yet another desert track.

I also miss the mice, but the remake is hard enough without them I guess.

Went to finally reinstall Tour and I'd forgotten all about 32 bit support being discontinued! Probably time for a new phone, it is a 64bit CPU but the native OS doesn't use it, doesn't meet the ram requirement of newer versions or something.

I always pictured cheeseland as being in the moon, which also happens to be made of cheese. It's a much more interesting concept than yet another desert track.

I also miss the mice, but the remake is hard enough without them I guess.
I'm sure that was the original idea, there's a green planet in the sky in the original!

Cheese Land in Super Circuit was much more cheesy-looking than the remake in 8. (With cheese hole mountain background and Mousers as obstacles to sell the tone)

I've seen someone point out that the RMX tracks would fill the void left behind by the Tour tracks. Obviously nowhere close to the same level of quality, but I don't think it's that infeasible.

Regardless, if Nintendo is planning on supporting Tour for quite a bit longer (possibly due to the increase in popularity, courtesy of the BCP), and the next Mario Kart is either still years away or quite a bit different than what MK8D offers, then I'd say a BCP2 has a pretty good chance. MK8D is now Nintendo's 3rd best selling video game of all time; if they have the chance to add more DLC to this game, they're gonna take it.

This just makes me wonder what retro tracks will be in MK10, if any. All the major fan favorite tracks will be in MK8D by the time this DLC is done, and any track that isn't in MK8D will be in Tour. Could MK10 be the first Mario Kart game since Double Dash to only have original tracks?
At this point, I'm fully expecting the next Mario Kart to either be a Mario Kart Ultimate (built off the framework of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe) or something entirely different, with little to no references to previous games beyond a few easter eggs.

With how successful and big Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is, they can't just pop out another basic title. They gotta pick their direction and commit to it.

I've seen someone point out that the RMX tracks would fill the void left behind by the Tour tracks. Obviously nowhere close to the same level of quality, but I don't think it's that infeasible.
There's a whole years worth of MK8 tracks to port to tour of they wish, one of the two datamined ones has a prominent 360° loop in it too so they'll have no good reason to skip any.

Now that the event has started, could anyone confirm if wave 3 is featured there?
All I can say is that the event has the normal retail version of the game with the currently released DLC, so Wave 3 would only be featured once it releases.
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Last edited:
At this stage, I’m expecting the second week of December, like I said before. Especially since the next Tour has been datamined to be Peach vs. Bowser, meaning the Holiday Tour will likely run from 12/14.

All I can say is that the event has the normal retail version of the game with the currently released DLC, so Wave 3 would only be featured once it releases.
* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

Where is wave 3???

9OBZ4Xt.gif

Not related to future content per say, but a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Prototype has leaked that is dated to 10-18-2016.

This twitter also contains screenshots of a prototype Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and the build itself.

Back
Top Bottom