• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
Sure, but that doesn’t mean they can’t add a desert track for that Tour. Both can be true.

Hell, the featured course for the last Halloween Tour was London Loop 3.
They could add a desert track but I'm expecting it to be a ghost valley-esque track as we know they have been preparing them.

Why not both? Spotlight race course can be one of our upcoming deserts (Wii Dry Dry Ruins or Wii U Bone-Dry Dunes most likely), and the spotlight battle course can be DS Twilight House. Covers both relevant themes.

How does this club thing work ?
I’ll share the announcement post below, but basically they are a mix of a social hangout spot (eventually, chat is under construction) and a spot to organize games / tournaments (the latter is also a new site feature). Right now basically, just join the ones you want! Volcanic Dynamo made clubs for Mario Kart, Mario Platformers, and Pac-Man for example, while I made clubs for Team JRPG, Team Squid, and Anime.

Glad Boo Lake ended up winning since it would translate better. Broken Pier would have been gutted in the Booster Course Pass which is a shame since it’s the better track in Super Circuit.

I was secretly planning to make a thread on Halloween about which was the better track, which one did people think would make it, and if different which one they’d want to make it. No need now sadly. Wild we know all of Wave 3 minus the date. Looking forward to Wave 4 speculation ramping up once it drops.

I guess we could shift discussion now that we know all of the tracks to which Wave 3 tracks are you looking forward to the most? I’m not familiar with the Tour tracks, but I like all five of the other retro tracks.

Rock Rock Mountain is my number one most wanted 3DS track, so I’m thrilled for that one. I’m very excited for Waluigi Stadium too, it was especially great on Mario Kart Wii. Of the three I’m not familiar with, I’m most intrigued by Merry Mountain. I really like the vibe and I’m super excited it’ll have half pipes!

Looks like Team Boo Lake won in the end. You can see the first jump ramp in the background there.

Doesn’t look all that different visually from Ghost Valley, which is disappointing. Not a particularly good look at the track though, so maybe there’s more to see.

Another big ? to end the celebration is nice though, hopefully that’s another new city track.

Doesn’t look all that different visually from Ghost Valley, which is disappointing. Not a particularly good look at the track though, so maybe there’s more to see.

Another big ? to end the celebration is nice though, hopefully that’s another new city track.
It's kind of a trend with later SNES/GBA tracks addition where they just reused existing assets. (RMX Bowser Castle reusing the GBA BC assets, and GBA Battle Course reusing SNES Mario Circuit assets)

Kinda suck since this make them pretty hard to differentiate between the two, but I guess they're not going to bother with new assets when they don't need to.

Seems like multiplayer for MKT is knocked out for the rest of this tour, which is ironic since this tour was centered around the new addition of battle mode in multiplayer.

It's kind of a trend with later SNES/GBA tracks addition where they just reused existing assets. (RMX Bowser Castle reusing the GBA BC assets, and GBA Battle Course reusing SNES Mario Circuit assets)

Kinda suck since this make them pretty hard to differentiate between the two, but I guess they're not going to bother with new assets when they don't need to.
Neither of those are really all that surprising though. RMX Bowser’s Castle reusing assets makes perfect sense considering all RMX tracks reuse assets, and GBA Battle Course 1 is using the same appearance it had in Mario Kart 7.

Boo Lake getting stuck with the Ghost Valley visuals would be pretty lame, and while we still don’t really know how it’s gonna look, I hope we get more than just a flat boardwalk.

Boo Lake looks amazing, love how some of the track is submerged under the water; was worried it was going to stay flat - can’t wait to see how it looks in Wave 3!

Boo Lake looks very cool, though I’m sad it seemingly won’t do the Ghost Valley permanently breakable blocks thing that makes each lap more treacherous than the last as a tradeoff for underwater sections.

Someone from the Tour discord analysed the trailer and deduced that this is the layout (comparison with the original layout).
0F1E8504-EADF-466F-8F13-5F5FD558F8C8.jpg

Looks like there is an alternate route for the last corner but I'm not sure how you get to it, maybe there's a water jet at the end of the hairpin or something.

Wow, at least Boo Lake looks awesome. Not really sad it isn't Broken Pier anymore, this looks like one of the tracks I'm looking forward to in Booster Course Pass Wave 3!

Top 8 most looking forward to in wave 3 for me:
1. DS Peach Gardens
2. GBA Boo Lake
3. GCN Waluigi Stadium
4. 3DS Rainbow Road
5. Merry Mountain
6. Tour Berlin Byways
7. 3DS Alpine Pass
8. Tour London Loop

Echoing everyone else - love the Boo Lake update. Helps it stand out from Broken Pier and the other ghost levels quite nicely! The map also feels like a good adaptation going by the comparison. Looking forward to seeing it in MK8D!

I guess a Spanish YouTuber that supposedly has a Nintendo contact posted some early shots of Twlight House, which the trailer barely showed off.

IMG_0338.png

IMG_0339.png

An interesting development, if they decide to show more in the future.

I guess a Spanish YouTuber that supposedly has a Nintendo contact posted some early shots of Twlight House, which the trailer barely showed off.

IMG_0338.png

IMG_0339.png

An interesting development, if they decide to show more in the future.
Nintendo you already know what I'm going to say

Finally here.

On top of Twilight House they also added Donut Plains 3 this Tour; three tracks! Gotta give me a bit to update my course image this time; there's so many tracks now I think it might be worth reorganising a little.

EDIT: the map (compared to the original)

Fbx_Gagb_BooLake_Map.png
MKSC_Boo_Lake_Map.png

Last edited:
Finally here.

On top of Twilight House they also added Donut Plains 3 this Tour; three tracks! Gotta give me a bit to update my course image this time; there's so many tracks now I think it might be worth reorganising a little.

That remixed track layout is so cool. I’m definitely excited to play it in 8 now.

I know this has been answered before with datamines, but I can't find the answer so I'll ask again. What are the unaccounted slots for each game that we can't yet figure out from the datamines?

To add on to this, two of the Wii courses are DK Summit and Koopa Cape from the banner leak.
Yep, they are likely the Wave 4 and 5 Wii courses. Also, there's some recent datamines for Mario Kart Tour that hint towards Wii Rainbow Road actually happening which would fit perfectly in the last track of the Spiny Cup (and therefore, the last track of the DLC as a whole).

Yep, they are likely the Wave 4 and 5 Wii courses. Also, there's some recent datamines for Mario Kart Tour that hint towards Wii Rainbow Road actually happening which would fit perfectly in the last track of the Spiny Cup (and therefore, the last track of the DLC as a whole).
I’m really glad all of my favorite Wii courses are making it in with the last four. So many awesome tracks in that game.

I’m really glad all of my favorite Wii courses are making it in with the last four. So many awesome tracks in that game.
Yeah Nintendo really knows what Wii tracks to pick. Also, 4 out of the 6 Wii tracks coming to the BCP has a whole were also in Mario Kart 7 (Coconut Mall, Mushroom Gorge, Koopa Cape, Maple Treeway).

It feels good to slowly clear away the datamined group bit by bit. If only we could get one of those nitros, or a clear answer on Mushroom Bridge / City...

Mario_Kart_Tour_Course_List.png

Could part 3 of the autumn tour introduce Munich? Of all the possibilities it makes most sense to have an autumnal theme for that, and they will need to debut one new track every ~2 months to keep up with the booster pass, so it's about time for one.

Could part 3 of the autumn tour introduce Munich? Of all the possibilities it makes most sense to have an autumnal theme for that, and they will need to debut one new track every ~2 months to keep up with the booster pass, so it's about time for one.
I doubt they’d double up in Germany of all countries. If we get a repeat country that isn’t the US, it’d almost certainly be Japan.

I doubt they’d double up in Germany of all countries. If we get a repeat country that isn’t the US, it’d almost certainly be Japan.
I'm just going off the datamined course initials in tour, which may not give the full picture but if we assume the 6 new MK Tour tracks match the 6 unknown BCP tracks, the city should be either the one named 'mu', 'md', or 'dk'. Alternative options could be Mumbai, Madrid, or.. Copenhagen I guess?
And while a second city for Germany does sound strange, I think that if we're assuming a third U.S. city, then all bets are off.

I love it that they added underwater sections to Boo Lake, but not a fan of those ugly red tour ramps
I wouldn’t be too concerned about that. Outside of the cities they’ve removed or altered the default Tour ramps in Booster Course Pass so far; on Sky Garden, Coconut Mall and Mushroom Gorge for sure off the top of my head. Don’t think they’ll leave them as is on Boo Lake, looking as jarring as they do.

Back
Top Bottom