• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
Not a fan of how bright they made the outside look. I suppose it's to be expected with the judicious reuse of skyboxes and textures, but some of that visual identity is lost.
I feel like I'm staring at these images, trying to understand the issue you're having, and it's completely lost on me.

Okay so, we have some kind of “pattern” with the first two waves in which we both get two tracks that haven’t been in Tour before their release in MK8DX. I believe this pattern will continue to make the BCP stand out from MKT
If this is the case, then I hope the 4 GCN tracks are Daisy Cruiser, Dino Dino Jungle, WaLuigi Stadium, and Rainbow Road

as long as they put in both Dino Dino Jungle AND DK Mountain i'll be happy. maybe one of the Haunted house levels and some new tracks that have significant shortcuts. bit worried about Sundae Land looking at the video, seems like a very simplistic loop with a lot of short glider sections where you can't do much. at least Mushroom Gorge is guaranteed some skill-based sections.

unknown.png

unknown.png
I prefer the look of the wii one, something about it feels more grand, like a real place, where as the new one looks like an enviroment the smurfs would wander through in their next animated film

A few days later and I finally think I like what they did with SNES Mario Circuit 3. Just keep it basic! All the other tracks all are quirky, weird or loaded with details. This one looks like it plays in the SNES game, except for the graphics of course. It is certainly updated when you compare it to the Wii version, but the basic look is actually something I like. Well, only for the SNES tracks. It just leans heavily on the nostalgia side.

So the Wii version is ugly and the other one is pretty? ;p
In a way? I guess its the same way that the original donkey kong country trilogy is “ugly” and the returns games are “pretty”. But like those games, i think the harsher more realistic art style and colors work in its favor

30th page of Mario Kart! Whoo!

This makes this thread the second largest game-specific ST, only behind Metroid Dread. I'm really glad that we've been able to maintain so much discussion. Here's to potentially reaching number 1! Well, until Xenoblade 3 or BotW 2 are released, at any rate.
As of getting past page 36, this is now the largest game-specific ST, congratulations fellow Famiboards users!!

EDIT: Oh how can I forget to specifically thank @VolcanicDynamo for this amazing ST and for what it has achieved!

If this is the route Sydney Sprint takes (the evidence seems pretty convincing imo) then it's gonna be a very interesting race course!

That’s a great catch on the Bowser Jr. screenshot. The 2nd lap might end up being the longest in the game.

If this is the route Sydney Sprint takes (the evidence seems pretty convincing imo) then it's gonna be a very interesting race course!

This is pretty cool, they also have one for NY Minute. Looking forward to Thursday! Need to put more time into Xenoblade 3 before that night.

Does anybody know what the track is to the right of Luigi’s face on the banner leak? I see a green pipe, was wondering if it was Alpine Pass or Koopa Cape, but I can’t seem to find 100% matches. Anybody who can help me out?

Does anybody know what the track is to the right of Luigi’s face on the banner leak? I see a green pipe, was wondering if it was Alpine Pass or Koopa Cape, but I can’t seem to find 100% matches. Anybody who can help me out?
I think people found out it was Sydney Sprint 2 since one of the images from Tour lines up with it I think.

I don’t think we ever 100% sorted the course below Luigi’s ear on the banner if that’s what you mean. The one before it is Mushroom Gorge and the one after is Maple Treeway.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Skipper is right, it’s Sydney.

Reading about 16 PM CEST right now so not sure at what time the update goes live. We’ll see tomorrow I guess. Extremely hyped, can’t wait!
Hopefully it's like before where the game updates before it goes live and we get to hear some of the soundtracks. 😁

We’ll know what time the update’s dropping once maintenance is reported… which should be any hour now, so let’s all just sit down and relax, and find something to buy time

It's actually late. If it was midnight it would release 4 hours from now, but now it's 15.
It's already Thursday morning where I live and usually new stuff becomes playable at midnight 12am. So with that 14:00 utc release info, it means this time wave 2 will be out 1 hour earlier than usual for me.

Back
Top Bottom