• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
My personal updated top 16 of the DLC tracks no one asked for :p

1. DS Shroom Ridge. I didn't even like it as a kid back in 3DS! But this track is nice in it's layout and I love me some car tracks. One thing I would like to change, are the clay-like grass spots on this track.
2. Tour Sydney Sprint. Best Tour track up until this point hands down. I especially like lap two, which has some nice hard to take corners. The music is god-tier too.
3. SNES Mario Circuit 3. Never expected it to have this in my top 3, yet here we are. Solid track! Hated it back in MKWii, but that is probably because of playing with motion controls.
4. Ninja Hideaway. It's nice, but it has too many weird corners for me to have it in the top 3. Still, super solid. It's not a track you should play with unexperienced players :D
5. Wii Mushroom Gorge. The bounciness of the mushrooms feel weird sometimes, especially on 200cc. But this is a full on nostalgia track for me. Still love it. And the graphical changes are nice!
6. GBA Snow Land. I like the simplicity of this track, as well as the theming. The moving item blocks make this track pretty unique too.
7. DS Waluigi Pinball. WP is a fan favourite, but in DS it was in the subtop for me. Still, a legendary track, and with those hard turns I really like it. I miss some sound effects, though.
8. Wii Coconut Mall. The cars made this track better, but there are better tracks. I like it tho!
9. N64 Kalimari Desert. I like the changes they've made to the track, but desert themed tracks are never my favourite, and while KD is diverse, it's still a desert track... The changing laps saved it from not being like 14th or 15th.
10. Tour New York Minute. A nice city track, I like it, but the roads of the different laps are really similar, which I think is sad. Still, it's pretty solid.
11. N64 Choco Mountain. I don't know, it's not the worst, but I don't think this track is the most exciting to play on.
12. 3DS Toad Circuit. It's nice to play on when playing online. However, it's ugly. Just update the textures, Nintendo.
13. Tour Paris Promenade. The theming of this city track is really nice. However, I don't like the corners and how most of the buildings look.
14. Sky-High Sundae. I don't know, I like the concept of floating objects and having almost no railing, but the anti-gravity mechanics make this track feel weird to play on. I don't like the clonkiness of the graphics here, too.
15. Tour Tokyo Blur. The track is extremely basic for a city track. I don't really think it's exciting in any way, but the music is nice.
16. GBA Sky Garden. Loved it in GBA, was my favourite track right there. MK8DX didn't do it justice. Visuals are meh too.

Someone made an attempt at isolating the Merry Mountain remix, still a bit distorted but gives us an idea on how it will sound.

Original:

The last gatcha Tour in MKT is the Anniversary Tour. It has Sydney Sprint 3, and maybe some other new city variants, but I didn’t recognize them as fast in the trailer.

The last gatcha Tour in MKT is the Anniversary Tour. It has Sydney Sprint 3, and maybe some other new city variants, but I didn’t recognize them as fast in the trailer.
Berlin Byways 3 is there too, the snippet with Lederhosen Luigi in the London Taxi cab is on a currently unused route which means it is a new Berlin Byways variant.

Berlin, Singapore, and Amsterdam continue to show up in 2022 while Vancouver is crying in the corner somewhere
:(

Give the GOAT track some love Nintendo
Yeah Vancouver is really really slow with new variants, Vancouver Velocity 1 was February 2020 and Vancouver Velocity 2 was December 2021 which is a whopping 22 months apart which is the longest any city track has gone without a subsequent variant... I would like to see VV3 before the year is over.

Yeah Vancouver is really really slow with new variants, Vancouver Velocity 1 was February 2020 and Vancouver Velocity 2 was December 2021 which is a whopping 22 months apart which is the longest any city track has gone without a subsequent variant... I would like to see VV3 before the year is over.
I actually think Vancouver Velocity is the only city track I have never played in MKT by now. Waiting to play it to learn what the fuss is about, hoping it will pop up soon!

Oh also, there is a theory that Berlin Byways 3 is a traffic course because in the snippet we saw in the Anniversary Tour trailer, it has moving coins that are following the road.

Oh also here's the trailer if anybody is wondering:

Between the possibility of traffic and the music Berlin Byways is probably my most anticipated Tour track now

I’m going to wait until the full datamining sweep is done before updating my image; but some new object finds mean I can finally add a certain course we all expect in wave 6 to the datamined course list.

I’m going to wait until the full datamining sweep is done before updating my image; but some new object finds mean I can finally add a certain course we all expect in wave 6 to the datamined course list.
I think I know what you are talking about, from what I have seen, we got some meaty bits of info!

You know what would get me to play Mario Kart Tour, Nintendo? Not Battle Mode, not cool characters, not any meaningful content addition. Honestly? Just let me get Platinum Points for playing. Mario Run Toad Rally is kinda neat, but I want those Switch icons, and I've played enough Pocket Camp to last a lifetime already, it's been tough going back. Heck, I'm playing Fire Emblem Heroes again! I don't even like turn based strategy games!

Please, let me play a game I like more, Nintendo. Please.

Alright, I think there won’t be too many more findings from the patch for now. Battle Mode section is a work in progress until the mode fully launches next week (so if we see more in the trailer later today, i’ll be waiting before updating it), but the main attraction is down in the datamined section anyway.

Mario_Kart_Tour_Course_List.png

Yep, we’ve finally got some datamined objects almost certainly related to Wii Rainbow Road. We all knew it was probably coming from the initial prefix datamine, last course in the last cup being Wii spelt it out pretty plainly, but now there’s tangible proof that it’ll exist in Tour.

Additionally this update we got some new objects for mob OR, DK and BR, which means they are still in the works. Latter ties it more to the bathroom course potentially (some kind of sticky floor) but we still can’t determine anything about DK beyond it having half pipes and a glider ramp.

Alright, I think there won’t be too many more findings from the patch for now. Battle Mode section is a work in progress until the mode fully launches next week (so if we see more in the trailer later today, i’ll be waiting before updating it), but the main attraction is down in the datamined section anyway.

Mario_Kart_Tour_Course_List.png

Yep, we’ve finally got some datamined objects almost certainly related to Wii Rainbow Road. We all knew it was probably coming from the initial prefix datamine, last course in the last cup being Wii spelt it out pretty plainly, but now there’s tangible proof that it’ll exist in Tour.

Additionally this update we got some new objects for mob OR, DK and BR, which means they are still in the works. Latter ties it more to the bathroom course potentially (some kind of sticky floor) but we still can’t determine anything about DK beyond it having half pipes and a glider ramp.
Orlando is confirmed? That’s a rather interesting choice. Gotta think there’ll be some heavy theme park theming if that ends up being a track.

Oops, there should be a question mark after Orlando like the others there. It’s not confirmed definitively; but with the objects we have we can basically narrow down OR to either a city or a non-city section course; and if it’s the former Orlando best fits the abbreviation.

Yeah OR is most likely a city track and probably Orlando, considering an object is labelled Mobor3, hinting at least 3 variations

Wait a fucking second.

Orlando will probably feature Universal Studios as part of the track. They can't use Disney and they're already partnered with Universal.

Oh my god I'm gonna be able to drive to work in Mario Kart

Wait a fucking second.

Orlando will probably feature Universal Studios as part of the track. They can't use Disney and they're already partnered with Universal.

Oh my god I'm gonna be able to drive to work in Mario Kart
What if they turn the Bowser ride into an actual track?

Oh, an Orlando track that references Universal Studios (even theme parks in general) would be phenomenal. Now I'm hoping we get it, and will be a little sad when it doesn't meet the lofty heights I'm imagining in my brain.

Oh, an Orlando track that references Universal Studios (even theme parks in general) would be phenomenal. Now I'm hoping we get it, and will be a little sad when it doesn't meet the lofty heights I'm imagining in my brain.

I hope they'd actually get the license and not just do "here's generic theme park stuff and you can imagine it's Disney/Universal"

I hope they'd actually get the license and not just do "here's generic theme park stuff and you can imagine it's Disney/Universal"
They won't get Disney, but given that they've partnered with Universal for the Mario movie and Super Nintendo World I can't imagine it would be that difficult to reference them. They just have to avoid stuff that isn't Universal owned (namely Transformers, Simpsons, and Harry Potter in the Studios park).

Given the whole theme park and movie by Universal thing, I can't imagine that they wouldn't be able to get something done if they really wanted to.

An Orlando track probably wouldn't be strictly Orlando, it would feature Cape Canaveral and Daytona Beach as well to give it some variety. Orlando doesn't have much outside of the theme parks and swamps.

An Orlando track probably wouldn't be strictly Orlando, it would feature Cape Canaveral and Daytona Beach as well to give it some variety. Orlando doesn't have much outside of the theme parks and swamps.
Hey, I'd be cool with a straight up theme park tbh. The only equivalent I can think of off the top of my head in MK8D is Water Park.

Hey, I'd be cool with a straight up theme park tbh. The only equivalent I can think of off the top of my head in MK8D is Water Park.
That wouldn't really be an "Orlando" track though, that would just be a Universal track. It would be pretty difficult to do a full Universal track because a lot of the attractions there are from non-Universal companies (Transformers, Simpsons, Harry Potter, Dr Seuss, Marvel). It's better to do a more varied Central Florida track.

tbh Orlando would be a weird pick if they're not doing some kind of tie-in. The metro area is ranked 22nd for population within the US, the other cities that get courses are more significant to their respective countries

tbh Orlando would be a weird pick if they're not doing some kind of tie-in. The metro area is ranked 22nd for population within the US, the other cities that get courses are more significant to their respective countries
Orlando is the number one tourist destination in North America, if not the world. It's a pretty widely known city.

Orlando is the number one tourist destination in North America, if not the world. It's a pretty widely known city.
From what I can find for stats, in the US alone Orlando is #5 by visitor count, behind NYC, Miami, Vegas, and LA. Most of the appeal is the theme parks, which is why it'd be weird to add an Orlando track without licensing that stuff

I guess it’s not impossible that it could be New Orleans instead, but that’s really the only other city I can think of that fits the OR label.

Orlando is definitely a bit of an oddball pick, but Florida would make the most sense when it comes to another state being represented in Tour, so the Universal collaboration could’ve been the push for it.

I have no idea if this makes sense in the context of other codenames but could it possibly be Toronto?

I have no idea if this makes sense in the context of other codenames

For reference then:

Mobny - New York
Mobt - Tokyo
Mobp - Paris
Mobl - London
Mobv - Vancouver
Mobla - Los Angeles
Mobb - Berlin
Mobs - Sydney
Mobsi - Singapore
Moba - Amsterdam
Mobbk - Bangkok

Mobhc - Merry Mountain (Hill Climb)
Mobnm - Ninja Hideaway (Ninja Mansion)
Mobib - Sky-High Sundae (Ice Building)

Worth considering for Team Not A City is that there isn’t a mobo, and so far besides New York (which is two words anyway) they haven’t unnecessarily made the codename two letters, only when the letter was taken already. Could easily change for any of the remaining three cities so we’ll have to wait and see.

We’ve got the start of the three-Tour Autumn Celebration, featuring battle mode (and also RMX Donut Plains, get to move that up on the list too).

That’d probably be a Boo costume then, no? Don’t think Nintendo has ever really related Dry Bones with spooky. Always been more of a desert/Bowser thing.
Well dressing up as dry bones is spooky if you ask me, and the costume is due for the fortnight that covers Halloween. I think there's already a boo helmet or something. Edit: King Boo Suit.

Back
Top Bottom