• Hey Guest! As we are sure you are aware, Russia has invaded Ukraine. Check out our pinned thread in the Roost for resources on how to support Ukraine in their ongoing crisis. Let's show our solidarity with the Ukrainian people!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 2 OUT NOW!!]

What is your favorite Wave 1 course?

• Paris Promenade

Votes: 27 10.4%
  • Toad Circuit

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Choco Mountain

Votes: 13 5.0%
  • Coconut Mall

Votes: 29 11.2%
  • Tokyo Blur

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • Shroom Ridge

Votes: 53 20.5%
  • Sky Garden

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • Ninja Hideaway

Votes: 122 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thank you for this!! I made some edits.

I completely forgot about the Booster Course banner... 😅

I actually had no idea the ripped tracks were placed for specific cups, after they stopped going in order and there was holes missing, I sort of just guessed the rest so thank you!!
No problem! Overall, this is some really solid predictions.

Thunder84

Bob-omb
Pronouns
He/Him
Only just now realizing that I never really gave my thoughts on the datamined tracks. Only talking about Wave 3 here, since everything beyond that was already leaked.
  • Tour London Loop was inevitable, so we might as well get it out of the way. Definitely the least inspiring Tour track remaining, although I'm guessing they'll add something in to try and spice it up a little, similar to the Thwomps in Tokyo Blur. The routing should be pretty simple, but after what they did with Sydney Sprint, anything is on the table.
  • DS Peach Gardens makes sense for all the reasons why people thought Delfino Square might show up (which it still very well could). Both tracks showed up in DS and Wii, by far the two most popular games outside of 8 Deluxe. Will probably be received rather positively overall.
  • GBA Boo Lake/Broken Pier makes all the sense in the world retrospectively. They've really been branching out with the GBA tracks, and I've never quite bought into the idea that we would get any of the Ghost Valley tracks. Either one of these will be a nice compromise to that, and should continue the trend of GBA tracks in the BCP being nice palette cleansers in comparison to the higher effort tracks.
  • 3DS Rock Rock Mountain in the Rock Cup is a lovely match, although I can't imagine that factored in much considering it has a different name in other regions. Still though, another great cup finisher, and if they can clean up the visuals to match something akin to Mushroom Gorge, then it should look really damn good.
  • Tour Berlin Byways is definitely a step up from London Loop, but it's still not a particularly inspiring choice. Very curious to see the routing, as there isn't really a clear path for it. Could get pretty messy like Sydney Sprint does. Also very excited for the music, easily my favorite Tour track in that regard.
  • GCN Waluigi Stadium coming so soon after Waluigi Pinball is a bit of a surprise, but certainly a welcome one. People will be disappointed that it's not Wario Colosseum, but this track is still plenty of fun in its own right. Very curious to see how it looks too, considering the overhaul it seemingly got based on the banner leak.
  • Merry Mountain makes sense, assuming Wave 3 is a Q4 release. My only experience with it is through custom tracks on Mario Kart Wii, in which I enjoyed it fine enough. Certainly not a blockbuster track by any means, but it's still quite a bit of fun, and that downhill finish kicks ass.
  • 3DS Rainbow Road is the best track in the franchise, finally making its debut in the best game of the franchise. Absolutely cannot wait for this one. They don't even need to change it much, just having it in the game is enough.
As for the additional unknown tracks, taking into account the banner and ignoring any unknown Tour/New tracks, these are my predictions:
  • I've talked about the SNES tracks in this thread before, but I'm gonna double down on that and say we finally get SNES Bowser's Castle. They've been adhering to what's currently in Tour much less than we thought they would so far, and we currently don't have anything Bowser related outside of Bowser's Castle. Would be cool to finally get one of these.
  • Similarly, we don't have any beach tracks up to this point. The final GBA track can cover this pretty well with GBA Cheep Cheep Island.
  • The easiest bet of the three GCN tracks is GCN Daisy Cruiser. Fan favorite track, already in Tour, feels inevitable.
  • I'll also say we get GCN Mushroom City as another traffic based track. Probably won't show up until the final wave, considering that we're getting 3 Tour tracks in Waves 4 and 5, which would be an overload of city themed tracks.
  • Finally, GCN DK Mountain is another fan favorite, likely due to its presence in Wii.
  • DS Airship Fortress is another one that feels like a fairly easy prediction on paper. Huge fan favorite track, and we've only got one more DS track remaining.
  • If the prefixes hold, then Wii Rainbow Road is an incredibly easy choice to pencil in. Nothing else could feasibly finish out the Spiny Cup.
And finally, inserting the leaked tracks and putting everything together:
  • Berry Cup
    • Tour Amsterdam Drift
    • Wii Koopa Cape
    • DS Airship Fortress
    • ???
  • Boomerang Cup
    • Tour Singapore Speedway
    • GCN DK Mountain
    • GBA Cheep Cheep Island
    • Tour Los Angeles Laps
  • Feather Cup
    • Tour ???
    • Wii DK Summit
    • GBA Sunset Wilds
    • Tour ???
  • Cherry Cup
    • Tour Bangkok Rush
    • GCN Daisy Cruiser
    • SNES Bowser's Castle
    • ???
  • Acorn Cup
    • Tour Vancouver Velocity
    • Wii Maple Treeway
    • ???
    • ???
  • Spiny Cup
    • Tour ???
    • GCN Mushroom City
    • ???
    • Wii Rainbow Road

Only just now realizing that I never really gave my thoughts on the datamined tracks. Only talking about Wave 3 here, since everything beyond that was already leaked.
  • Tour London Loop was inevitable, so we might as well get it out of the way. Definitely the least inspiring Tour track remaining, although I'm guessing they'll add something in to try and spice it up a little, similar to the Thwomps in Tokyo Blur. The routing should be pretty simple, but after what they did with Sydney Sprint, anything is on the table.
  • DS Peach Gardens makes sense for all the reasons why people thought Delfino Square might show up (which it still very well could). Both tracks showed up in DS and Wii, by far the two most popular games outside of 8 Deluxe. Will probably be received rather positively overall.
  • GBA Boo Lake/Broken Pier makes all the sense in the world retrospectively. They've really been branching out with the GBA tracks, and I've never quite bought into the idea that we would get any of the Ghost Valley tracks. Either one of these will be a nice compromise to that, and should continue the trend of GBA tracks in the BCP being nice palette cleansers in comparison to the higher effort tracks.
  • 3DS Rock Rock Mountain in the Rock Cup is a lovely match, although I can't imagine that factored in much considering it has a different name in other regions. Still though, another great cup finisher, and if they can clean up the visuals to match something akin to Mushroom Gorge, then it should look really damn good.
  • Tour Berlin Byways is definitely a step up from London Loop, but it's still not a particularly inspiring choice. Very curious to see the routing, as there isn't really a clear path for it. Could get pretty messy like Sydney Sprint does. Also very excited for the music, easily my favorite Tour track in that regard.
  • GCN Waluigi Stadium coming so soon after Waluigi Pinball is a bit of a surprise, but certainly a welcome one. People will be disappointed that it's not Wario Colosseum, but this track is still plenty of fun in its own right. Very curious to see how it looks too, considering the overhaul it seemingly got based on the banner leak.
  • Merry Mountain makes sense, assuming Wave 3 is a Q4 release. My only experience with it is through custom tracks on Mario Kart Wii, in which I enjoyed it fine enough. Certainly not a blockbuster track by any means, but it's still quite a bit of fun, and that downhill finish kicks ass.
  • 3DS Rainbow Road is the best track in the franchise, finally making its debut in the best game of the franchise. Absolutely cannot wait for this one. They don't even need to change it much, just having it in the game is enough.
As for the additional unknown tracks, taking into account the banner and ignoring any unknown Tour/New tracks, these are my predictions:
  • I've talked about the SNES tracks in this thread before, but I'm gonna double down on that and say we finally get SNES Bowser's Castle. They've been adhering to what's currently in Tour much less than we thought they would so far, and we currently don't have anything Bowser related outside of Bowser's Castle. Would be cool to finally get one of these.
  • Similarly, we don't have any beach tracks up to this point. The final GBA track can cover this pretty well with GBA Cheep Cheep Island.
  • The easiest bet of the three GCN tracks is GCN Daisy Cruiser. Fan favorite track, already in Tour, feels inevitable.
  • I'll also say we get GCN Mushroom City as another traffic based track. Probably won't show up until the final wave, considering that we're getting 3 Tour tracks in Waves 4 and 5, which would be an overload of city themed tracks.
  • Finally, GCN DK Mountain is another fan favorite, likely due to its presence in Wii.
  • DS Airship Fortress is another one that feels like a fairly easy prediction on paper. Huge fan favorite track, and we've only got one more DS track remaining.
  • If the prefixes hold, then Wii Rainbow Road is an incredibly easy choice to pencil in. Nothing else could feasibly finish out the Spiny Cup.
And finally, inserting the leaked tracks and putting everything together:
  • Berry Cup
    • Tour Amsterdam Drift
    • Wii Koopa Cape
    • DS Airship Fortress
    • ???
  • Boomerang Cup
    • Tour Singapore Speedway
    • GCN DK Mountain
    • GBA Cheep Cheep Island
    • Tour Los Angeles Laps
  • Feather Cup
    • Tour ???
    • Wii DK Summit
    • GBA Sunset Wilds
    • Tour ???
  • Cherry Cup
    • Tour Bangkok Rush
    • GCN Daisy Cruiser
    • SNES Bowser's Castle
    • ???
  • Acorn Cup
    • Tour Vancouver Velocity
    • Wii Maple Treeway
    • ???
    • ???
  • Spiny Cup
    • Tour ???
    • GCN Mushroom City
    • ???
    • Wii Rainbow Road
Interesting....if they really don't put Wario coliseum in a mario kart game freaking themed after anti-gravity I'm going to frown for days

MondoMega

Puffball Enthusiast
Pronouns
Any
similar to the Thwomps in Tokyo Blur.
Those were always there in Tour. London likewise has some Chain Chomps in some parts for the Mario flair.

I’m surprised they didn’t throw any enemies into Sydney Sprint considering they added Goombas to New York Minute; but I guess the length of the course was enough to make it stand out. All of the other released cities have Mario enemy obstacles somewhere on them too:
  • Vancouver: Skating Shy Guy
  • Los Angeles: Sidestepper
  • Berlin: Whomp
  • Singapore: Floaty Goomba
  • Amsterdam: Monty Mole
  • Bangkok: Inky Piranha Plant
So New York and Sydney used to be odd ones out, and now in 8DX it'll be just Sydney. Well I guess Sydney in Tour technically had passerbys throwing bob-ombs (and bananas and mushrooms) onto the bridge, but that was removed in 8DX in favor of the trick ramps.

Those were always there in Tour. London likewise has some Chain Chomps in some parts for the Mario flair.

I’m surprised they didn’t throw any enemies into Sydney Sprint considering they added Goombas to New York Minute; but I guess the length of the course was enough to make it stand out. All of the other released cities have Mario enemy obstacles somewhere on them too:
  • Vancouver: Skating Shy Guy
  • Los Angeles: Sidestepper
  • Berlin: Whomp
  • Singapore: Floaty Goomba
  • Amsterdam: Monty Mole
  • Bangkok: Inky Piranha Plant
So New York and Sydney used to be odd ones out, and now in 8DX it'll be just Sydney. Well I guess Sydney in Tour technically had passerbys throwing bob-ombs (and bananas and mushrooms) onto the bridge, but that was removed in 8DX in favor of the trick ramps.
They actually removed the Goomba obstacles in Paris Promenade but kept the large Piranha Plant (I guess the Goombas migrated to North America).

Another promotion of the Booster Course Pass in Mario Kart Tour just like the Samurai Tour when Ninja Hideaway returned.
unknown.png

Top Bottom