• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
screenshot2022-07-28a90k5e.png

So can we expect a whole new track each wave from now on?
We know from the datamine each game a track is from and we know how many new tracks will be in the booster pass. Now of course cynics will argue they're "new" only in the sense they're premiering here before Tour, but they're still playable first in 8D and seemingly designed around 8D mechanics with anti grav.

I really like the variety in this Booster Pass. We have a desert track, dessert track, pinball track, night time city track, whatever the hell Mushroom Gorge is, etc.

I gotta say, as someone who hasn't bought Deluxe because I have the Wii U game, this abundance of awesome content is making it ever harder to resist pulling the trigger on this Switch "port".

I called it 'Sundae circuit' in the prediction thread, that must be worth something.

@MondoMega Is the 'YI' course in Tour confirmed to be Yoshi's Island in the datamine, or could it have been Yoshi's ice cream? Because the course seems to be a Yoshi-run Ice Cream parlour theme.
Edit: your cornet costume idea seems to be spot on, there's a giant cornet with a leaf in the background of the track.

Last edited:
Wow, exciting!!! I’ve already forgotten - why were we not expecting this today again?! I know I wasn’t and others weren’t…don’t recall our reasoning now

Edit: oh yeah, because we expected Part 3 of the Xenoblade dev interview

Last edited:
So I guess the other cynic question is, will anti-grav be added to Tour, or will the new track have a non anti grav layout in Tour.
I assume non anti gravity, as I think there have been retro courses in 8 Deluxe that have anti gravity, has them removed in tour.

Waluigi Pinball, Mushroom Gorge, Kalahari Desert, and Mario Circuit 3 makes me happy. And the original track looks great too. Good track selection!

Oh shit!!! I missed it. Nice, glad to know they're still doing anti-grav stuff.
I still think they're trying to roll out the anti-grav stuff slower than the stock courses but it will become more common in later drops to keep with the complexity curve.

I think these tracks look amazing, much better than wave 1. Am I alone in that?
I noticed this too. I'm wondering if they'll update some of the Wave 1 courses as well.

WHAT
Mushroom Gorge and Waluigi Pinball look amazing, I’m kinda okay with classic Mario Circuit 3 only because of Wii nostalgia.

Disappointed that GBA rainbow road leak wasn’t true, I’m okay with snowland though.

I just wish we got a GCN track, two waves and no double dash is a shame!

Personally, 2022 is being redeemed by the BCP. MK8 is a nigh perfect game, and the amount of content is already staggering and will be even staggeringerder.

Also, despite some textures and models looking obviously mobile-derived, I think the more cartoony style has it's appeal.

Whoa, graphically, these look way better than Wave 1.

I am looking forward to it!

Also, I am so glad. This is the first time Waluigi Pinball is on a home console. It looks amazing.

The Sundae course looks really awesome. I think courses look a bit sharper in here than in Wave 1.

Really my favorite part is we are officially on for dreaming about the ??? courses now. Seeing that big “New” sticker on the Sundae course was so satisfying.

WHAT
Mushroom Gorge and Waluigi Pinball look amazing, I’m kinda okay with classic Mario Circuit 3 only because of Wii nostalgia.

Disappointed that GBA rainbow road leak wasn’t true, I’m okay with snowland though.

Mario Circuit 3 is one of those tracks that on paper seems like an uninteresting, low effort filler course. When playing it MKWii (and I imagine MK8D) it's an absolutely incredible track since it's short, has tons of opportunities for cutting corners and laying traps, and is generally a fairly exciting race whenever it comes up.

Waluigi Pinball yeah !

Though wanted GBA Rainbow Road, guess I need to wait a little more :(

Can someone post again the datamine list? Its clearly the ??? Circuits will be new ones like the ice cream one.

From Wave 3:
Rock Cup:
Tour
DS
GBA
3DS

Moon Cup:
Tour
GCN
Unkown
3DS

Berry Cup:
Tour
Wii
DS
Unkown

Boomerang Cup:
Tour
GCN
GBA
Tour

Feather Cup:
Tour
Wii
GBA
Tour

Cherry Cup:
Tour
GCN
SNES
Unkown

Acorn Cup:
Tour
Wii
Unkown
Unkown

Spiny Cup:
Tour
GCN
Unkown
Wii

I was really curious how GBA Rainbow Road was going to look. Because tbh coming off of SNES RR is going to be tough…that track is beautiful. I want all retro RRs to look like that lol

WHAT

At least we’re guaranteed four GCN tracks now that the prefix leak is accurate!

What if…

-Thursday, August 4, new Tour announced with the new track.
-Either Friday, August 5, or Monday, August 8 DLC pack 2 trailer, “that new track is also coming to MK8DX!!”
-The new track releases simultaniously on Wednesday, August 10, at least in CEST, in Mario Kart Tour and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Also, if Sydney Sprint is in, then I predict Sydney Sprint 3 to be part of the next tour too, just like Singapore Speedway 2 was this tour.
I demand Melbourne Motorway in MK8

I’ve been done with the game for a while. Nothing new would make me jump back in. Definitely just going to wait on whatever and whenever a true successor is released. For those that are jumping in I hope you have a great time with the new content.

Nice! Looks like the datamined list based on the game prefixes are accurate with Wave 2's reveal.

That will make speculation a lot more fun :D

Did they actually reuse Wario Stadium's music???

That really, really stinks. Mario Kart 8 no longer has unique music for every course

Did they actually reuse Wario Stadium's music???

That really, really stinks. Mario Kart 8 no longer has unique music for every course
I always thought this was the likely outcome. It’s the same song :/

Edit: Listening myself no it sounds different actually. The start is more jazzy.

Back
Top Bottom