• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Site Event Mario Kart 64 Tournament |ST| We have reached the Final Four!

What is your favorite track?

• Luigi's Raceway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moo Moo Farm

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Koop Troopa Beach

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Kalimari Desert

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Toad's Turnpike

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Frappe Snowland

• Choco Mountain

• Mario Raceway

• Wario Stadium

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Sherbert Land

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Royal Raceway

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Bowser's Castle

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • DK's Jungle Parkway

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Yoshi Valley

• Banshee Boardwalk

• Rainbow Road

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
aHoMcnh.jpg

1'45"74

Best I'm gonna do @Josh5890

I know it won't count, but I just got 1'45"16 with Yoshi and I'm really stoked about it.

Well, apparently I’m better than I thought but reached my limit. Did unlock the dev ghost tho, but I think I’m content with this, I have other things to play(and brushing up on other tracks in this as well)
IMG_4138.jpg

1’50”42
@Josh5890
is my final time for entry. The close lap grouping definitely shows I reached my consistency on this one

I'll try to do mine today after work. Hoping I won't be too tired. I tried to play yesterday to learn controls (since I only played the game once) and I can't wait to play it again ahah

Last edited:

Whew, best I could manage. I'd totally forgotten about the stick knackering waggle technique for getting the skid boost! @Josh5890

Last edited:
qwaRpGO.jpeg

Kinda proud of this. As I already said I've nearly not played MK64, so 1'46"44 is pretty cool to me.

Was secretly trying to beat @bellydrum but couldn't manage to ahah. And since I probably won't have anymore time to do better before the deadline, I had to give up. Congrats to Bellydrum and congrats to all of us!

I can. My man got 1'40"64.

I'm only a little mad.

I see it now. Crazy time! I think we have our #1 seed!

Last day to join in the fun everyone. Feel free to post a time, even if you haven't signed up previously. Tomorrow morning groups will be formed!

First Round info: Deadline to finish 11/04/2021 11:59PM PST
WWl3kIz.png

Congrats to all of our participants to this point! Welcome to the first round! Below are the pairings/groups. Start PM'ing each other or discussing in this thread about availability. If a group needs an extra weekend, let me know :)

Group 1-
#1 @KTthecreeper
#8 @Francobotw
#9 @Launchpad

Group 2-
#2 @Jersh
#7 @GokouD
#10 @E.Gadd
#15 @A Delcat Switches

Group 3-
#3 @bellydrum
#6 @kyo2004
#11 @Mr Game AND Watch
#14 @Harina

Group 4-
#4 @Raytro
#5 @Ombrella
#12 @Mandos
#13 @Lady Bow

Again here are the rules/format:
  • Four players will compete against each other in an 8 race cup.
  • 150 CC Mode
  • Characters will be chosen in order with the higher seed getting first pick. Characters are to remain the same throughout the round.
  • The top seed in each group will be asked to host.
  • At the end of the final round, each team will post a screenshot. Preferably another person in the group will "Yeah!" the post to confirm it.
  • Winners will be determined on a point system based on each race result.
    • 1st Place- 5 points
    • 2nd Place- 3 points
    • 3rd Place- 2 points
    • 4th Place- 1 point
  • Tiebreaker (if necessary) will be determined by who has the most race wins.
  • The winner from each round will move on to the next round.

Time Trial Rankings:
  1. KTthecreeper- 1'40"64
  2. Jersh- 1'44"35
  3. bellydrum- 1'45"46
  4. Raytro- 1'46"44
  5. Ombrella- 1'47"26
  6. kyo2004- 1'47"29
  7. GokouD- 01'47"49
  8. Francobotw- 01'49"38
  9. Launchpad- 01'49"48
  10. E. Gadd- 01'49"93
  11. Mr Game and Watch- 1'50"17
  12. Mandos- 1’50”42
  13. Lady Bow- 01'52"08
  14. Harina- 1'54"29
  15. A Delcat Switches-1'55'82

WWl3kIz.png

Congrats to all of our participants to this point! Welcome to the first round! Below are the pairings/groups. Start PM'ing each other or discussing in this thread about availability. If a group needs an extra weekend, let me know :)

Group 1-
#1 @KTthecreeper
#8 @Francobotw
#9 @Launchpad

Group 2-
#2 @Jersh
#7 @GokouD
#10 @E.Gadd
#15 @A Delcat Switches

Group 3-
#3 @bellydrum
#6 @kyo2004
#11 @Mr Game AND Watch
#14 @Harina

Group 4-
#4 @Raytro
#5 @Ombrella
#12 @Mandos
#13 @Lady Bow

Again here are the rules/format:
  • Four players will compete against each other in an 8 race cup.
  • 150 CC Mode
  • Characters will be chosen in order with the higher seed getting first pick. Characters are to remain the same throughout the round.
  • The top seed in each group will be asked to host.
  • At the end of the final round, each team will post a screenshot. Preferably another person in the group will "Yeah!" the post to confirm it.
    • 1st Place- 5 points
    • 2nd Place- 3 points
    • 3rd Place- 2 points
    • 4th Place- 1 point
  • Tiebreaker (if necessary) will be determined by who has the most race wins.
  • The winner from each round will move on to the next round.

Time Trial Rankings:
  1. KTthecreeper- 1'40"64
  2. Jersh- 1'44"35
  3. bellydrum- 1'45"46
  4. Raytro- 1'46"44
  5. Ombrella- 1'47"26
  6. kyo2004- 1'47"29
  7. GokouD- 01'47"49
  8. Francobotw- 01'49"38
  9. Launchpad- 01'49"48
  10. E. Gadd- 01'49"93
  11. Mr Game and Watch- 1'50"17
  12. Mandos- 1’50”42
  13. Lady Bow- 01'52"08
  14. Harina- 1'54"29
  15. A Delcat Switches-1'55'82
None of your tags worked
I'm not entirely sure why, because I can see them when I quote the message

None of your tags worked
I'm not entirely sure why, because I can see them when I quote the message
I think what happened was I initially had the seed number right next to the name like #2@Jersh. I edited the post and put in a space. Not sure if that pulled in an alert or not after the edit though.

I think what happened was I initially had the seed number right next to the name like #2@Jersh. I edited the post and put in a space. Not sure if that pulled in an alert or not after the edit though.
I'm pretty sure it should give an alert, but I'm not seeing one, so tell you what
@KTthecreeper, @Francobotw, @Launchpad, @GokouD, @E.Gadd, @A Delcat Switches, @bellydrum, @kyo2004, @Mr Game AND Watch, @Harina, @Raytro, @Ombrella, @Mandos, and @Lady Bow, get in here lol

• 1st Place- 5 points
    • 2nd Place- 3 points
    • 3rd Place- 2 points
    • 4th Place- 1 point
IIRC, these two don't really work in conjunction; you'd need a screenshot of every round, as I believe only first place finishes are tallied by the game.

IIRC, these two don't really work in conjunction; you'd need a screenshot of every round, as I believe only first place finishes are tallied by the game.

Actually, first second and third are tallied. You can keep changing the course and keep the standings. Below is an example.

images

I had to run a simulation last week as I forgot how it worked lol.

Actually, first second and third are tallied. You can keep changing the course and keep the standings. Below is an example.

images

I had to run a simulation last week as I forgot how it worked lol.
Ah, gotcha. I didn't remember it working this way so I checked Mario Wiki and it only mentioned first. Good to know

I’m PST. Should be available all day Sunday in that time done. If we wanted to aim for tomorrow between 7-8 am pst( so 4-5 pm your time?)I could probably do that
I'm ok with 4-5pm (in my timezone) for tomorrow. I'll tell you if there's something new on my side.

I'm from France too like Raytro, so if everyone's okay for 4-5pm tomorrow, I'll be here

@Josh5890 As I don't see it explicitly stated, am I correct in assuming we're sticking to the tracks in the image (in order)?

It doesn't have to be in specific order but it makes it easier to keep track then I'd probably suggest doing it that way.

Like listening to Mario being drowned in jelly, in slow motion.
I recommend everyone who has the chance to join one of these NSO tourneys, to do so. You won't soon forget it lol

Last edited:
gs4bU9Y_d.webp

I am P1 (Yoshi), @E.Gadd is P2 (Toad), @GokouD is P3 (Peach), and @A Delcat Switches is P4 (Mario).

If my count is correct, the results should be:

1. Jersh - 32pts
2. E. Gadd - 23pts
3. GokouD - 22pts
4. A Delcat Switches - 11pts

Yes, that connection banner was there the whole time. I may upload some clips later, it was horrendous :p But still good fun and GGs.

gs4bU9Y_d.webp

I am P1 (Yoshi), @E.Gadd is P2 (Toad), @GokouD is P3 (Peach), and @A Delcat Switches is P4 (Mario).

If my count is correct, the results should be:

1. Jersh - 32pts
2. E. Gadd - 23pts
3. GokouD - 22pts
4. A Delcat Switches - 11pts

Yes, that connection banner was there the whole time. I may upload some clips later, it was horrendous :p But still good fun and GGs.
Yeah, luckily it wasn't actually freezing up, so it was just about playable. Probably no worse than playing 4 player on a PAL N64 with a 14 inch TV back in the day!

I would love to see some video footage of these matches, personally. So happy to see this take off!

Back
Top Bottom