• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Man, am I the only one less hyped after the latest BotW2 trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's so interesting because I hate Minecraft and generally don't like games that are so open and undirected because they make me feel stupid and uncreative. I'm the kid who only ever built the Lego models with the detailed instructions, and I love IKEA furniture.

But somehow, TotK bridges that gap. It gives me a taste without being overwhelming
The same is true of the openness of the world, which is usually a turn off but works for me just in this case.

I don't really understand why.
This is exactly how I am. I thought I’d hate crafting and I generally don’t go crazy for open world games but somehow Nintendo made it all work for me.

I still feel like a dummy though when I’m struggling to build a car and people are building giant robots and airships

I mean she's pretty central to the story they have told in this game, not really sure why her role isn't "optimal", or why any character should have an optimal role for that matter?

Personally thought a lot of her story was emotional/moving for a Zelda game.

I've been pretty clear before that I'd like to play as her or as a girl Link. Sadly I still can't do either in this game, so to me it's less than ideal.

That's how her role isn't optimal, and any given character should have a role that I like, because my post is about the way in which I enjoy the game. Why would I want characters to play roles that I don't like or think could be better?

This is exactly how I am. I thought I’d hate crafting and I generally don’t go crazy for open world games but somehow Nintendo made it all work for me.

I still feel like a dummy though when I’m struggling to build a car and people are building giant robots and airships

It’s so bizarre how disagreement over whether the marketing of all things has spun into such negative discourse. Nobody’s opinion is gonna be changed at this point, and we’ve heard directly from Aonuma himself about Nintendo’s opinion on it too. There’s nothing more to add, taking victory laps or dumping on people for being right or wrong is only adding negative value to the board as a whole.

Hell, I’ve put more people on ignore over this stupid topic than anything else, and it’s about a goddamn trailer. A trailer I thought stunk ass, but still, that’s not worth this level of toxicity.

Thread bump because I want to toot my horn for being right.

Tears of the Kingdom is a 10/10 game that is breaking sales records. I saw it coming because the forum dwellars were melting down about it back in February.
7n5sdq.jpg

That's so interesting because I hate Minecraft and generally don't like games that are so open and undirected because they make me feel stupid and uncreative. I'm the kid who only ever built the Lego models with the detailed instructions, and I love IKEA furniture.

But somehow, TotK bridges that gap. It gives me a taste without being overwhelming
The same is true of the openness of the world, which is usually a turn off but works for me just in this case.

I don't really understand why.
It's extremely subtle at times but you'd be surprised at how much the game actively guides you to certain places and solutions. That's why it feels different.

This thread didn't really need to be bumped, and it's gotten kinda tense in here over the last couple pages, so we're gonna go ahead and lock it.

- Aurc, Derachi, VolcanicDynamo, xghost777

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom