• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Magical Drop VI announced for Switch

R

Ray00101

Published by Forever Entertainment. Looks pretty good! Their remakes haven’t been without some warts, but they’ve been good with responding to complaints and updating accordingly.

Are the characters going to be constantly moving in the background? That seems like it would be distracting.

Magical Drop II is on SNES Online if anyone is curious about the series.

First Joe and Mac now this. I'm loving that Data East franchises are having a renaissance. Nintendo should join in on the fun and give us Glory of Heracles Switch.

My only exposure to the Magical Drop series was that GBC game. Fun puzzler, little reminiscent of Bust a Move series.

Published by Forever Entertainment. Looks pretty good! Their remakes haven’t been without some warts, but they’ve been good with responding to complaints and updating accordingly.

Let’s hope Forever doesn’t mess up a puzzle game…though to be fair, they usually go back and fix the issues with these games (not sure the status of HOTD Remake though).

Night and day between the initial release and now. The gyro works great now.
Also has touchscreen play for truly viable handheld play. It blows my mind there's not a Wii like renaissance of rail gunners on Switch taking advantage of gyro and touch. Point Blank Encore when?

well, i suppose this completes the Golgoth Studio trilogy.
the toki remake was finally released in 2018, the planned joe & mac remake is back in development, and this directly follows Magical Drop V (which was the only game they managed to release initially.)

Back
Top Bottom