• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Lunch hours

Between what hours do you have your lunch break?

• 11-12

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • 12-13

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • 13-14

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • I work other hours - options does not fit

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters

Mbolibombo

Tingle
Pronouns
He/him
So I'm working in IT and our client is based in another city. We have lots of meetings via teams but the struggle over lunch hours is real.

We want to lunch post 12 and they're doing it before 12 so the power struggle over lunch meetings is real. They're the client so they usually decide but it's bugging me out. If I eat too early I wont make it too many hours past lunch before I get irritated and tired :p

When do you have your lunch break?

If it's 30 minut breaks, pick the option that ends within the range
If it's in two different ranges, pick the one where it starts.

I eat a boiled egg and maybe a Banana before work at 6:30am. With that a glass of spritzer.
At 9am I eat a bread, same at 12.
Between that and 4pm I maybe eat a yoghurt or Apple/Banana.
I make myself a proper warm meal at 7pm

On days where I don't work but go to uni, I eat something warm at 12:30 at the cafeteria. Mabye I get a bread early when I arrive there at 8am

I work in Japan for a European Company on European Hours,

So, my starting time is when everyone's lunch break is and my "lunch break" is at like 19:00, heh.

I'm lucky enough that generally, I can choose my own lunch hours. I usually have a pretty early lunch at about 11:30, but that's because I start work early too (I like to have an early finish in the afternoon). Very occasionally I'll have a meeting scheduled then, but it happens so rarely that when it happens I just delay my lunch for a bit.

I eat later at basically every mealtime and have lunch after 2pm. Sometimes my work means I'm needed for a few hours non-stop and have to either be in front of people in person or on screen, and in cases like that I can push it even later to 3 or 4pm if I don't feel like eating "early."
I work in Japan for a European Company on European Hours,

So, my starting time is when everyone's lunch break is and my "lunch break" is at like 19:00, heh.
I was jokingly saying the other day to my boyfriend I wish I could move to Japan but work remotely for a company here and he said "but your hours would be all messed up." Glad this is a thing that actually exists and that I can continue to have half-formed impossible dreams about living on different time schedules to the people around me.

Usually somewhere between 11 and 12 and then just go for an hour from there.

12:00 till 12:30 usually sometimes a bit earlier or later. Altho i never do eat at work lol, i should tho. I do breakfast tho and eat alot when arriving home + dinner so still 3 meals a day so that's how i can manage i guess.

I have lunch sometime between 1:30 PM and 4:30 PM, usually at 2 something. I haven't had lunch today yet.

I have to work later because I have late evening meetings with my coworkers in Korea and China, so I adjust my day by a few hours for that.

Work from home, and get a 30 minute break. I usually just take the 30 mins to stretch out, get a snack, and get a drink. (water, soda, whatever) I bought one of those HydroMate water bottles, and fill it with water. I've been getting way more water than I ever have before. I got the 1 gallon bottle, and wish I just found a 1 liter bottle as 2-3 of those is what my doctor suggests for me.

Take a full hour from 12:00-13:00

Lunch is sacred. Previous manager tried to call me out for taking a long lunch and I just ignored them

11-12, because I can't eat anything for breakfast without getting ill. Except coffee by the gallons, that's the one exception.

Lucky enough to make my own schedule, so lunch is whenever I can fit it in. I do make sure to throw that time slot on my calendar so people know not to bother me.

I work nights and I don’t really get a “lunch” break at least in the traditional sense. The time between our audits counts as our “break”.

I usually go for lunch around noon but I WFH and my work is fairly flexible so I can go whenever really.

Back
Top Bottom