• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Hardware Logitech Leaps Into Gaming on the Go - Announces G Cloud Gaming Handheld

Waluijob

Embracer of the Wah
Pronouns
He/His
Logitech just announced their $349.99 cloud gaming handheld, creatively named G Cloud Gaming Handheld.

The Cloud Gaming Handheld has a seven-inch 1080p IPS touchscreen with a 16:9 aspect ratio and 60Hz refresh rate. The white handheld includes two offset analog thumbsticks, a D-pad, and Y, B, A, and X buttons. There are also four buttons at the front: Logitech G, home, menu, and a context menu button.

Inside, Logitech is using a Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G processor, which is an octa-core CPU that runs up to 2.3GHz. There is 4GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 64GB of UFS storage. A single USB-C 3.1 port will charge the device, and it should charge the 6,000mAh battery in around 2.5 hours. Logitech has also provided a microSD card for expansion, but there’s no 5G or SIM card support here, so you’ll always need to be near Wi-Fi for cloud games.

It runs on Android and they partnered with Microsoft and nVidia to integrate GeForce Now and Xbox Cloud Gaming. This moreso comes for the sub-Steam Deck market rather than the Switch. This launches in October.

Logitech is offering early pre-orders for $299.99 instead of $349.99.

I think a dedicated streaming device is not a bad idea in concept, but I think it needs to be priced as such. This is wayyy too expensive IMO.

That said: If this device’s price is less corpo greed and more supply chain component price indication, this makes me think that whatever Nintendo has coming next hardware wise is gonna be pricey.

That is not what I was expecting price wise, at most $199 but I guess that’s on brand for Logitech tho lol.

Is it capable of remote play via Xbox or is it just Xcloud.

the price is ridiculous for what's being promoted as a cloud streaming handheld.
I agree entirely. Its real competition is in the sub-$250 market. Without true dedicated gaming platform, such as access to an on-board Linux Steam client, it competes against the cheaper Android devices and not the Steam Deck or Switch,

$350 for a dedicated streaming device? No thanks.

And no cellular. So you're limited to playing cloud games on WiFi only. That's....incredibly limiting.

I'd much rather just buy a Steam Deck.

Oof that price, dead in the water. Market is way too saturated.

Honestly unless you really wanted a dedicated device, and frankly there’s better that are either cheaper or about the same…..your phone with like a backbone one would be better than this. I do hope in the future that Xbox and PlayStation make their own phone controllers like the backbone, especially PlayStation if they make a dualsense one where it has the triggers and haptic feedback.

Last edited:
Don't see a good chance of success for this. A mid-tier Android tablet that has a controller embedded into it. It being priced in the middle of Switch v2 and Deck as well as being priced same as the OLED all of which are native gaming devices seems like a tough sell for many.

Get a $50-100 Kishi/Backbone controller addon and do the same thing with your phone. Or for $50 more get a Steam Deck that can do it all

my first thought was that it could potentioally be okay at running android games even though it's not the main focus, the spec sheet says it has a Octa-core ARM CPU (2.3GHz) with a 750MHz Adreno 618 GPU.
probably okay for the sort of games i'd run on it (i have a small collection of older android games from back when humble bundle used to provide those.) but maybe not super powerful compared to other devices at this price range?

Last edited:
This is a product that should have been canceled the day the Steam Deck was announced. No way is a streaming-only device worth $300 now.

Same price as SWOLED and $50 cheaper than Steam Deck is utterly absurd for an Android console that doesn't even have a good soc lol. The chip in my phone is twice as powerful. As others have said something like the razer kishi for your phone is far superior unless you have a very cheap or old phone in which case you probably wouldn't be spending $350 on an Android handheld.

Logitech just announced their $349.99 cloud gaming handheld, creatively named G Cloud Gaming Handheld.

It runs on Android and they partnered with Microsoft and nVidia to integrate GeForce Now and Xbox Cloud Gaming. This moreso comes for the sub-Steam Deck market rather than the Switch. This launches in October.

Logitech is offering early pre-orders for $299.99 instead of $349.99.
ngl I kinda want one:

Plus, it's more cheaper than a Steam Deck.

For reference: my Samsung phone has a way better snapdragon SoC, 2GB more RAM, TWICE the storage, a way better OLED panel at a higher resolution (and refresh rate) and cost me nearly the same price (nearly a year ago even) with the only caveat being the lack of built in controls (which I can just order an attachable one for like ~20-30quid anyways).

You can get like a samsung a52 on amazon for ~260$ and a gamesir attachable pad for like ~50 and you'd have way more uses out of that than this waste of plastic and silicon logitech is trying to sell.
...Does a Samsung A52 do the same thing with no lag?

Just wondering.

I might get the Logitech, but I think I'll explore other options.

...Does a Samsung A52 do the same thing with no lag?

Just wondering.

I might get the Logitech, but I think I'll explore other options.
If you mean playing natively either android games or emulated ones, yes? why not?
But if you mean streaming, it totally depends on the platform you're using (google's, microsoft's, etc...) and your connection.
In fact, speaking of latency: the a52 comes with a 90hz display (you can limit it to 60hz to get even more battery life out of it) and if you can run a native or emulated game above 60FPS, you'd have even less latency than a standard 60hz display.

My S20FE generally gets around a day and a half of battery life on light usage at low brightness, 60hz. The A52 has very similar specifications compared to it mind you.

I have a Samsung A52s 5G and pair it with my Xbox Series controller and get amazing results from some of the Xbox Gamepass games on 5G, like Immortality and Halo singleplayer are passable, but stuff like Turbo Golf Racing is useless.

If you mean playing natively either android games or emulated ones, yes? why not?
But if you mean streaming, it totally depends on the platform you're using (google's, microsoft's, etc...) and your connection.
In fact, speaking of latency: the a52 comes with a 90hz display (you can limit it to 60hz to get even more battery life out of it) and if you can run a native or emulated game above 60FPS, you'd have even less latency than a standard 60hz display.

My S20FE generally gets around a day and a half of battery life on light usage at low brightness, 60hz. The A52 has very similar specifications compared to it mind you.
SO.... Samsung A52 is better?

Is there anything else that works?

I mean streaming or just cloud gaming in general.

Also, latency means lag, right? So the less latency, the better, right?

SO.... Samsung A52 is better?
Than the S20FE? well, only in a couple things iirc the camera was better but I don't think anything else, really.
Is there anything else that works?

I mean streaming or just cloud gaming in general.
Plenty of options. You should do your own research on streaming but the consensus is that it's best when used locally (eg: streaming games from your PC to a phone using moonlight or a similar solution).
Yes, latency is lag. But not the kind caused by networking issues, it's related to hardware limitations (sometimes even software optimization - or lack thereof).

Okay, I just learned about cloud gaming (well, besides just knowing the name "cloud gaming"); what is that?
One of the many, many portable consoles built for the purpose of emulating games on the go. The more recent portables in this space, like the RP3, happen to also be decent options for streaming, since most of them are either Windows or Android base. The current go-tos seem to be the RP3 and the Odin Lite, although the Odin is heavily supply-constrained right now.

The space moves fast, with new devices coming out from companies like Anbernic or Miyoo every couple of months. If you're interested, take a look at what's available (the SBC subreddit should have that info neatly organized), but don't get yourself anything if you're not 100% convinced. Waiting pays off.

Last edited:
I don't think a dedicated device like this needs a 1080p screen. If I'm only ever going to use it for gaming, then just give me the bandwidth and battery savings of a lower resolution instead. Unless they just couldn't source lower res displays.

One of the many, many portable consoles built for the purpose of emulating games on the go. The more recent portables in this space, like the RP3, happen to also be decent options for streaming, since most of them are either Windows or Android base. Right now, the go-tos seek to be the RP3 and the Odin Lite, although the Odin is heavily supply-constrained right now.

The space moves fast, with new devices coming out from companies like Anbernic or Miyoo every couple of months. If you're interested, take a look at what's available (the SBC subreddit should have that info neatly organized), but don't get anything if you're not 100% convinced. Waiting pays off.
Emulating?

What is emulation in this case? Like, getting games for free or just playing from your computer onto your handheld?

Wait a sec @niconiconick64 @MarcelRguez

You all meant this?

Because if so, I'll probably just get the Logitech instead.
Yes? what's the issue? as far as I know, the only possible issue I could see with a samsung phone is if it came with an Exynos SoC instead of a snapdragon (exynos sips more power, heats up more while performing worse) that was the case with the S20FE where in some regions and situations, the exynos SoC was the one available.
But the store should make it very clear whether or not the phone comes with a snapdragon or exynos SoC. And even then, you can always look somewhere else.
iirc, the 5G versions are usually tied to snapdragon.

Emulating?

What is emulation in this case? Like, getting games for free or just playing from your computer onto your handheld?
You get a handheld with a pre installed firmware and emulators and you load your ROMs onto an SD card which you put in the device.

Where you get the ROMs is up to you. Like any emulation you can absolutely rip them yourself.

I have a cheap $50 one with a 2.8 inch screen I used for GBA Pokémon ROM hacks but there are very powerful ones out there.

Last edited:
Wait a sec @niconiconick64 @MarcelRguez

You all meant this?

Because if so, I'll probably just get the Logitech instead.
Yeah. Literally the only advantage the Logitech has over an Android or I phone with a usb-c/lightning controller like razer kishi or backbone is battery life. Phones have 5G unlike the Logitech thing that you need to be on Wi-Fi for, you always have your phone so the only thing you need to bring with you is a small controller that expands to fit your phone and unless your phone is old or very cheap it will have a better processor than the Snapdragon 720g that is in the Logitech for battery life purposes.

Emulating?

The same as in your phone or computer: using apps/programs that can run digital backups to play your console games. Besides that, these machines can also run the usual streaming apps, both from servers (like xCloud) and from your own computer (like Moonlight).

Here, this video shows what the RP3 can do specifically. And as a disclaimer: I'm just using this one as an example because it's what's new and cheap at the moment, especially compared to the Logitech one:

Yes? what's the issue? as far as I know, the only possible issue I could see with a samsung phone is if it came with an Exynos SoC instead of a snapdragon (exynos sips more power, heats up more while performing worse) that was the case with the S20FE where in some regions and situations, the exynos SoC was the one available.
But the store should make it very clear whether or not the phone comes with a snapdragon or exynos SoC. And even then, you can always look somewhere else.
iirc, the 5G versions are usually tied to snapdragon.
But it's not a controller...

The same as in your phone or computer: using apps/programs that can run digital backups to play your console games. Besides that, these machines can also run the usual streaming apps, both from servers (like xCloud) and from your own computer (like Moonlight).

Here, this video shows what the RP3 can do specifically. And as a disclaimer: I'm just using this one as an example because it's what's new and cheap at the moment, especially compared to the Logitech one:

Yeah, I just want something that can run Elden Ring on the go or any other PS5 game.

You get a handheld with a pre installed firmware and emulators and you load your ROMs onto an SD card which you put in the device.

Where you get the ROMs is up to you. Like any emulation you can absolutely rip them yourself.

I have a cheap $50 one with a 2.8 inch screen I used for GBA Pokémon ROM hacks but there are very powerful ones out there.
ooooo do tell

I like the design, close to what i'd imagine a Switch 2 would look.

But other than that, as a cloud only thing i don't see the appeal personally, I always imagine those long trips by plane/boat/train where you don't have connection and in those occasions it's so great to play with an handheld offline and you can't have that with cloud.

I like the design, close to what i'd imagine a Switch 2 would look.

But other than that, as a cloud only thing i don't see the appeal personally, I always imagine those long trips by plane/boat/train where you don't have connection and in those occasions it's so great to play with an handheld offline and you can't have that with cloud.
Curious. Can you have that with the Retroid Pocket 3? handheld?

ooooo do tell
The one I've got is an RG280M. Most emulation I do on my phone but I kinda liked getting a dedicated device for GBA lol.

If you want to jump into the rabbit hole this is a spreadsheet of a load of these handhelds:
But honestly if you want a very portable device I'd go with your phone and a controller and if you want a not as portable device the Steam Deck can do so much more than a Snapdragon 720g handheld (e.g. play PC games) at only $50 more and it is very comfortable though it does require quite a bit of tinkering.

This is what you have to do to set up xcloud on Steam Deck for instance: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...eam-deck-43dd011b-0ce8-4810-8302-965be6d53296

The one I've got is an RG280M. Most emulation I do on my phone but I kinda liked getting a dedicated device for GBA lol.

If you want to jump into the rabbit hole this is a spreadsheet of a load of these handhelds:
But honestly if you want a very portable device I'd go with your phone and a controller and if you want a not as portable device the Steam Deck can do so much more than a Snapdragon 720g handheld (e.g. play PC games) at only $50 more and it is very comfortable though it does require quite a bit of tinkering.

This is what you have to do to set up xcloud on Steam Deck for instance: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...eam-deck-43dd011b-0ce8-4810-8302-965be6d53296
But the Retroid Pocket 3 can play PS5 games and PC games?

Then that it is all I need, right?

That's what I just ordered, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom