• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News LIVE A LIVE - Nintendo Treehouse demonstration (demo available now on eShop, save data transferrable)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still annoyed they havent even given us a tiny bit of the English version yet

How can I be so in on a game yet unsure of getting it at launch
Judging from the treehouse build they don’t seem to be localizing the song

Judging from the treehouse build they don’t seem to be localizing the song
They confirmed the song has English and Japanese versions when they announced Kageyama was doing it

Apparently it was confirmed in one of the Japanese livestreams

Anyone who is on the fence, try the demo. It's definitely an improvement over the original I played some time ago.

Having now watched most of the Treehouse coverage, I'm going to be shocked if we don't get a HD-2D release of Chrono Trigger directed by Tokita. I was kinda skeptical of how that might look but I'm firmly a believer now. Given that LAL and CT both use the double-tile sprite house style that was introduced with FFVI and shared by the other HD-2D games it's such a perfect fit. It would also be a nice follow-up project to the LAL and DQIII re-releases, being a synthesis of the Squaresoft and Enix/DQ teams.

They confirmed the song has English and Japanese versions when they announced Kageyama was doing it

Apparently it was confirmed in one of the Japanese livestreams

Oh, I didn't know that. That's cool and I'm guessing just not implemented in the Treehouse build.

Anyone who is on the fence, try the demo. It's definitely an improvement over the original I played some time ago.
I'm skipping the demo but exposing the ATB bars in the battle UI is a crazy good QoL improvement. Kinda shocked they didn't do that the first time around considering the game went into development well after Final Fantasy V released which introduced the ATB bar as a way of indicating turn order.

Weirdly, I've come around to keeping my preorder after being whelmed by the demo. The future sequence was undoubtedly a very weird segment to spotlight in a demo, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued by the narrative. The ninja chapter is fucking awesome. The shifu chapter is generic so far but the combat system is still unique enough to keep me mildly invested. I'm mostly just excited for a sprawling, yet focused RPG. And the art is absolutely gorgeous.

finally got around to watching the treehouse for this

still not touching it anytime soon with it releasing only a week apart from Xenoblade but the game looks good

One more week! I still can’t believe this is happening.

EDIT: Not sure if the developer was previously announced but according to Gematsu's write up on the new trailer, it's a studio called "historia":

Last edited:
I played the robot story of the demo. Honestly not that exciting, might be better to not get this one day one. It looks lovely though.

So did Nintendo basically kill this game? Felt like there was quite a bit of hype and chatter for it, and then it died once XB3 got moved up.

So did Nintendo basically kill this game? Felt like there was quite a bit of hype and chatter for it, and then it died once XB3 got moved up.
No? I mean the game is catered as mostly a passion project for those who grew up playing the original. And considering it's on the Switch, I'm mostly confidant it's gonna do decently.

No? I mean the game is catered as mostly a passion project for those who grew up playing the original. And considering it's on the Switch, I'm mostly confidant it's gonna do decently.
I don't know about that first part. They've definitely been treating it as a new release, which it is for most regions, rather than just a remake for fans of the original. I think that's the reason it's a full 2D-HD game, similar to how they went big for Trials of Mana.

I mean I'm sure it will do ok, but it does seem like it's been completely smothered to me.

I don’t see how you can think it’s been smothered when XC3 hasn’t had a treehouse segment yet

I won't be getting it at launch but later down the line. I love HD-2D and this game seems right up my alley, but i'm currently playing Triangle Strategy. And in a few days XB3 releases so i doubt i can make time for it anytime soon. Hope it does well though.

I won't be getting it at launch but later down the line. I love HD-2D and this game seems right up my alley, but i'm currently playing Triangle Strategy. And in a few days XB3 releases so i doubt i can make time for it anytime soon. Hope it does well though.
I’ve concluded the same. Although other games and a less exciting demo than I had excpected is causing me to wait.

I am getting this on release, but I might hold off buying Xenoblade 3 for now. There is no way I will manage to play it any time soon.

In related news, I will post the Live A Live ST within the next 12 hours or so.

Started part of the demo. It has my intrigued. I am doing the future one first (with the little Robot) very interesting. I wonder how everything changes in the other stories.

The music was bonkers :D

let's move the discussion to the ST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom