• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Predictions Let’s try to predict what the two Gen 10 versions will be called!

Derachi

Fresh Eater
Founder
Pronouns
he/him
Generation 1: Red & Green/Blue
Generation 2: Gold & Silver
Generation 3: Ruby & Sapphire
Generation 4: Diamond & Pearl
Generation 5: Black & White
Generation 6: X & Y
Generation 7: Sun & Moon
Generation 8: Sword & Shield
Generation 9: Scarlet & Violet

Generation 10 is a few years away, but we have no reason to believe it’ll get away from the two-version scheme that generates all that profit. So, what do you think the two versions will be called? I do realize that it’s almost impossible to guess this. While X and Y and Sun and Moon are obvious pairs that they’d have gotten to eventually, nothing about “Scarlet and Violet” would have been predictable in the slightest. So this is kinda just for fun! I’d love to see if anyone can come even remotely close.

Here’s my prediction: Pokémon One and Pokémon Zero.

One and Zero would make 10 (the generation) plus there’s the Binary connection, so they could do something narratively cool with robots or AI or futurism or computers or something, none of which are topics they’ve shied away from before.

Anyway, what do you think! I’d love to hear some other predictions.

One and Zero is a good prediction.

I'll get a bit weird, but serious with Pokemon Cat Version and Pokemon Dog Version.

It's a bit of an oddball option, but there are a lot of fun things they could do with the version exclusives, especially now that Scarlet and Violet added so many dog lines.

Dawn & Dusk
Armor & Crown
These options would be great if they ever wanted to do games in Alola and Galar again.

Reusing a region for a new generation isn't something they have done before (other than technically GSC I suppose), but I could see it happening in the future.

Pokemon Skies
Pokemon Seas

Skies will focus on a flying legendary pokemon and part of the region will be in the skies like in TotK.

Seas will have a water legendary pokemon and part of the region will be underwater also like in TotK.

Pokemon Cake and Pokemon Ice Cream
Pokemon Paper and Pokemon Plastic
Pokemon Apples and Pokemon Bananas
Pokemon Peepee and Pokemon Poopoo

Real talk:
Pokemon Ace and Pokemon Joker. I know that Mega Man Starforce already used those for version names a while ago, so idk if that matters

Yeah, I thought a binary-themed Pokemon release was overdue. Would be a great choice for gen 10.

I know Diamond and Pearl already did Time And Space, but that would be a cool title too!

Honey and Vinegar

halloween-vic-vinegar-and-hugh-honey-v0-bycxlzrdj6x91.jpg

Pokemom One and Zero would be great name contenders.

Since Gen 10 is (theorized based on paintings in the art classroom) to be set in Australlia. I can see:

Pokemon Up and Pokémon Down to focus on Hemispheres. Since Australia would be the first Pokémon game set in the lower Hemisphere. (In real life that is). And doubles down on the people using the phrase "Down Under" when referring to Australlia.

But Gen 10 could also be a refresh for the series. As Ash is leaving the anime for a new lead in Gen 9. Gen 10 could take the ideas of Gen 5 and being a soft reboot. Introducing a region with 151 new Pokémon and going back to the color name factor like they did Scarlet and Violet. (Orange and Purple) and the some colors they have yet to use would be Pink, Teal, Brown, Turquoise, and Indigo. (Or dare I say it Rainbow).

Then we have unused third edition titles titles like: Z, Grey, Stars and Delta. Which could be a wild way of naming two new games based off third edition games that never made and how they connect to that region and other regions to explore leftover ideas.

I'm still forever partial to Pokémon game titles like:

Pokémon Hopes and Pokémon Dreams.

Pokemon Circle and Pokémon Square

Pokemon Thunder and Pokémon Lightning

Pokémon Love and Pokémon Hate

Last edited:
Pokémon 1 and 0 is a such a good guess. I want it to be that now, haha.

It's rough that they've used so many good pairs (Heart and Soul, Alpha and Omega) for remakes. "Heart and Soul" and "Sun and Moon" were always my two guesses and we did end up getting both of them, sort of.

They've done a lot of past/future duality before but I wouldn't be surprised if they did eventually explore those themes again with a Pokémon Past and Pokémon Future.

When are we expecting Gen 10? Precedent from the 3DS/Switch era would put it at November 2025 but Scarlet and Violet also launched in a rough state, next-gen games are only going to be more complex, and Legends Arceus proved that a Pokémon game released outside of the holiday season could be highly successful. I think eventually they are going to have to return to the roughly four years between generations they had between R/G and G/S, between R/S and D/P, and between D/P and B/W. A 2026 release would put Gen 10 in Pokémon's 30th anniversary year, just as Sun/Moon was the 20th anniversary release, which might be nice.

Pokémon 1 and 0 is a such a good guess. I want it to be that now, haha.

It's rough that they've used so many good pairs (Heart and Soul, Alpha and Omega) for remakes. "Heart and Soul" and "Sun and Moon" were always my two guesses and we did end up getting both of them, sort of.

They've done a lot of past/future duality before but I wouldn't be surprised if they did eventually explore those themes again with a Pokémon Past and Pokémon Future.

When are we expecting Gen 10? Precedent from the 3DS/Switch era would put it at November 2025 but Scarlet and Violet also launched in a rough state, next-gen games are only going to be more complex, and Legends Arceus proved that a Pokémon game released outside of the holiday season could be highly successful. I think eventually they are going to have to return to the roughly four years between generations they had between R/G and G/S, between R/S and D/P, and between D/P and B/W. A 2026 release would put Gen 10 in Pokémon's 30th anniversary year, just as Sun/Moon was the 20th anniversary release, which might be nice.
God, I hope it's 2026. I really enjoyed SV, far more than I expected to, but these games need as much time as they can get.

Figure it'll be themed after objects or concepts like Gen 6-8. I like the binary suggestion, and if they ever go for it Gen 10 is the time, but they could easily pick anything else; it's been pretty difficult to make the call each gen.

For fun let's quickly run through past game names they've trademarked / registered / considered, because i'm not sure how many they plan to revisit in the future.

Around Gen 3-5 a bunch of colours and genstones were trademarked, including Scarlet which has now been used. The others that remain from this era are: Topaz, Tourmaline, Amethyst, Moonstone, White Gold, Brown, Gray, Vermilion, Purple and Crimson. Per the Gigaleak we know Yellow was concieved as part of a pair with a Pink Version (likely to star Clefairy); so that was one actually close to happening. Delta Emerald was trademarked, and referenced in ORAS via Delta Episode. The internal list of Pokemon games cited for the Game of Origin string references a few games that never happened; placeholder spots for Blue and Crystal remakes that never happened (Masuda once referred to hypothetical Blue equivalent to FireRed and LeafGreen as WaterBlue), and of course the infamous second pair of Kalos games that were canned (presumably XZ and YZ).

One more worth noting; Rainbow (Niji) was Sun and Moon's internal codename, just to rule out one more common fan name.

One and Zero is an amazing guess. I will honestly be disappointed now if those aren't the names for Gen X.

Joke answer: Pokemon Mario and Pokemon Luigi

More serious answer: Pokemon Heat and Cold. Or Ember and Frost.

Pokemon Jesse and Pokemon James

Meowth is your partner in both games

It’s much tougher because your character isn’t naturally good with Pokemon

The others that remain from this era are: Topaz, Tourmaline, Amethyst, Moonstone, White Gold, Brown, Gray, Vermilion, Purple and Crimson.
Scarlet and Violet had a nice slant rhyme with the -let.

Crimson and Vermillion have the -on, and sound cool as names. However - they are pretty similar in terms of actual colors. While Scarlet and Violet are red and purple, Crimson and Vermillion would be red and ... red. I think they would make it work if they wanted to, though.

Pokémon Brown and Pokémon Gray

Instead of looking like PS2 games, they'll look like Xbox 360 games, heyooo

Pokémon Democrat and Pokémon Republican.

All I know is that in Pokémon Republican you steal the Pokémon from lower level trainers. Also, all the Pokémon are males.

Pokemon Let's Go Slowpoke
Pokemon Let's Go Galar Slowpoke

Forever sad that
Time & Space
Alpha & Omega
Past & Future
Have all technically been done already just with different names lol

Pokemon Above & Pokemon Below

Probably more creative names like Sky, Space, Cave, Hell...but you get it.

Will just copy the TotK formula.

If it really is gonna be Poke-Australia (which I would love as an Aussie) there's a clear theme they could do. Our wildlife is very iconic but is sadly getting destroyed by land development and real estate. We are facing many natural disasters. And Indigenous history has a clear contrast to modern multicultural Australia. So something akin to Pokemon (Tradition/Nature) and Pokemon (Future/Development) would fit perfectly. A more environmental take on some of the things ScaVi touched on.

If they wanna be really authentic though, then Pokemon Vegemite and Pokemon Tim Tam are go.

It'll be Pokémon Jump and Pokémon Chill to coincide with the legendary Kangaroo and Koala mons, respectively.

Back
Top Bottom