• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Retro Let’s revisit the nostalgia of Nintendo Power magazine

Gamecocks625

Octorok
One of my kids received a Lego magazine in the mail today and their excitement reminded me of when I was a kid and would get a new issue of Nintendo Power. Before the internet this is all we had đŸ˜‚. Once a month or so, you got to see what new games Nintendo and their partners were cooking up and I’d re-read that month’s issue over and over again.

Sometimes I wish I could go back to those days of video game news. Anyways, these were some of the first issues I remember receiving in the mail. That Batman cover in particular is one that I immediately had a wave of nostalgia wash over me.

What are some of your memories of the early days of Nintendo Power (or whenever you started reading them)?
gallery
gallery
gallery

Oh my god Nintendo Power. Combined with Game Informer and Electronic Gaming Monthly, I was in kid heaven.

Don't remember if i was subbed to the magazine, but i definitely remember the official guides that were branded with the NP logo.
51BHG5927ZL.jpg

They stopped doing them around 2007, i think? Way before the Magazine itself ended.

I loved Nintendo Power. When I couldn't convince my parents to buy me a subscription I would read them at the library. I should go back through the issues I still have stored away somewhere.

The guides were great too. Preferred them over Prima and the others.

I loved Nintendo Power. When I couldn't convince my parents to buy me a subscription I would read them at the library. I should go back through the issues I still have stored away somewhere.

The guides were great too. Preferred them over Prima and the others.
Man, I would give anything to still have my Nintendo power issues to go through

My first issue was one where they did a deep dive on Animal Crossing for the GameCube. I wore the covers off that issue.
I just looked it up; volume 159.

Best part are the comics inside during the 90's. That and the separate player's guide for a specific game.

Back
Top Bottom