• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Kyle Bosman |ST| Crucially Imperative

I usually love Delayed Input and Kyle's comedy chops are great, but it seems like without someone as excitable as Huber and the others Kyle can spiral towards cynicism in a way I'm not really a fan of.
It's also weird because he focuses on a sentence summary and not really anything anyone actually says? And they more or less answer his "but" issue with characterization. Probably could do with a stronger argument there.

Seinfeld explaining why he broke up with a girlfriend needs a George or Elaine calling attention to the nitpick. Kyle used to be that to himself during Final Bosman days, and still is, even in this Delayed Input, but less and less so.

I always interpreted that Kyle throws a little satire or sarcasm in these videos. I don't take the "but" issue that seriously.

I haven't watched the Direct, but most of the time a character and its writing is only going to be apparent after playing the actual game, or if you get lots of info on a character's story, which I think isn't really the case with this game. Especially since this revolves around a large cast and even larger world.

I think the only reason why the "criticism" feels a bit weak is that it basically applies to 90% of videogame trailers and in that sense it just feels like "cheap" dunking on a franchise he doesn't like. Other than that I thought the silly juxtapositions were funny, particularly the "spider conflict".

I didn't think it was all that nitpicky honestly

By nitpicky I mean this:

I think the only reason why the "criticism" feels a bit weak is that it basically applies to 90% of videogame trailers and in that sense it just feels like "cheap" dunking on a franchise he doesn't like. Other than that I thought the silly juxtapositions were funny, particularly the "spider conflict".

The premise for the episode is "Why am I immediately out on Xenoblade Chronicles 3 when I'm in for all these other dumb JRPGs?" and Kyle's first observation about menus and mechanics rings true, but the point about characters comes across as looking for an excuse to break up when it applies to so many of all these other dumb JRPGs.

It's a funny bit but a reach considering the framing.

I'm undoubtedly excited for the game, and will probably get it day one, but I think he's right that the "what the?" factor is lost in Mario+Rabbids being a sequel. We just know what this thing looks like now, when before the first game it felt like a fever dream combination.

I'm undoubtedly excited for the game, and will probably get it day one, but I think he's right that the "what the?" factor is lost in Mario+Rabbids being a sequel. We just know what this thing looks like now, when before the first game it felt like a fever dream combination.
Soooo...

Wario + Minions?

If Kyle played more pervy anime games like Star Ocean and Xenoblade Chronicles he would recognize that college girl was trying to hook him up with Doug.

I think Kyle's Rabbids take isn't baseless, the novelty of Mario and the Rabbids crossing over isn't there anymore. But what you are left with in terms of the sequel is a game that looks good in its own right.

I think Kyle's Rabbids take isn't baseless, the novelty of Mario and the Rabbids crossing over isn't there anymore. But what you are left with in terms of the sequel is a game that looks good in its own right.
What you are left with is a game that people actually expect to be really good, versus a game that people were morbidly curious about/actively hating on/ridiculing

Haven't watched Bosman in a long time but went back to him for that mini direct and man that was hilarious, I'd forgotten how funny he could be.
Kinda agree with him on Rabbids too, I don't feel too much towards it other than the feeling it's just another game to add to the list of games I'm kinda interested in but will very likely not play. Solid but not spectacular.

I had no idea Forspoken got yet another delay.

If we, by some miracle, get Switch Pro news soon I wonder what Kyle will do.

I had no idea Forspoken got yet another delay.

If we, by some miracle, get Switch Pro news soon I wonder what Kyle will do.
If you admit to holding an opinion that shows you're not smart, thus demonstrating self awareness, but then you're proven right... I don't know, it would be fun to find out.

So does Kyle owe Don reparations now? For threatening to quit their fantasy league if Don drafted Skull & Bones to release this year?

I need to know. What's the joke about the car horn?

It's just meant as a humorous punctuation.

In other news, Kyle's having his annual charity stream on Saturday, July 30th. He'll be playing six games based on 2000s CG animated movies for two hours each (12 hours total). Expect a bunch of crazy incentives, including wearing a hat ($30 or less, unobstructive, and not political) that his Twitch chat will be choosing this coming Saturday.

The story of a girl

who cried a river and drowned the whole world

I have no evidence to support this is what the reference is but that’s where my brain went
Lol
Your brain went there because he's singing those words to the correct notes

It's 100% that song

This game is so freaking stressful. Like it doesn’t even seem remotely fun. But it’s amazing watching Kyle play it!

Winsor-McCay-Little-Nemo-in-Slumberland-1905_Q640.jpg

Thanks to Little Nemo, everyone learned something. Kyle realized Baby Kyle was a quitter and people realized adult Kyle is a ragebaby.

For a moment I thought Kyle would do it without savestates but wow the final level was BS.

People ought to know who Little Nemo was and that there were worse things to put in the game than pollen, like early 20th century racism.

Fantastic episode. I like that it was a little bit shorter than the rest.

I also LOVE his analogy with Pokemon Scarlett and Violet. So funny. In the Presents thread I def had stuff to say about it but I feel the same way as he does now. It's stupid but I don't care.

His point about Pokémon is one the gaming community should learn. Sometimes people fail to realize they just stopped enjoying something they used to love and still try to force themselves to love it when they should try to let it go.

His point about Pokémon is one the gaming community should learn. Sometimes people fail to realize they just stopped enjoying something they used to love and still try to force themselves to love it when they should try to let it go.
I'm pretty sure the joke is that he hasn't let go lol

I continue to feel just fine with Nintendo not supporting system level achievements.

I had no idea games like these existed. I do remember reading about games with easy platinums but this is just ridiculous.

Snow Journey Nitro just adding a flame to the vehicle was hilarious though.

Yeesh. I have problems with achievement systems and feeling the need to maintain a ‘good’ record so the thought of spoiling my account with this literal trash gives me anxiety lol. I have to assume he did this on a different account, for my own sanity.

Yeesh. I have problems with achievement systems and feeling the need to maintain a ‘good’ record so the thought of spoiling my account with this literal trash gives me anxiety lol. I have to assume he did this on a different account, for my own sanity.

Do you know Kyle "Platinum Bells" Bosman? Thinking he's above debasing himself for achievements is a bigger feat of self-delusion than Kyle telling himself there's a chicken nugget he wouldn't eat.

System level achievements do produce some interesting statistics at times, though I do occasionally wonder if we'd all be better off without them.

I'm not sure I agree much with the premise of the episode and I think the bonus bit makes it clear why. We've getting weird Kirby spin-offs for years, so getting a new one without much fanfare doesn't seem odd at all.

I do agree with his point about "filtering" news. We get so many "digital showcases" nowadays that it's getting ridiculous. Not every studio has the brand power to make their own Direct and expect many people to watch it.

Very entertaining episode. Interesting hearing why it’s like working one of these big shows.

Back
Top Bottom