• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Kyle Bosman |ST| Crucially Imperative

"No negativity" means Kyle wasn't working with Germans. He was working with Kölsche Jungs and Mädche.

(and it's always the Umlaut - oe/ae/ue are used to play nice with foreigners and international keyboards)

Well he doesn’t really say anything new about the GI Biz article but it’s a tidy summary of the situation.

Hate to say it but the episode was a little meh.

I liked the bonus bit though.

I really really enjoyed this episode. Even if I disagree with Kyle about TotK having a good trailer.

Kind of a confused thesis for a Delayed Input. Between lifecycle managment, difficulty, time and money I'm not sure what the point was. Like a Seinfeld episode where the various threads don't come together in the end.

Every episode where I can't tell what's a bit and what's not is a great one.

Cactus Plant Flea Market? Adult Happy Meal? Four-eyed McDonald's mascots? Ordering an Uber driver to go through the drive-through for you? Kyle being able to discern any food as bad?

Where does truth end and fabrication begin? Who knows? How can anyone know? I don't want to find out.

Kyle is once again taking part in Minnmax's Trivia Tower All-Stars for charity! He got to the final round last time!

Starts in 15 minutes! (8 PM Central)

Gotta agree with Kyle on this one. Silent Hill is exciting because we haven’t had one in quite a while, but the games have to prove themselves first. Meanwhile RE is a known quantity, but hell if it’s not exciting.

I said it before and still I would like to say it again.
I myself am sad to see Kyle had been in the corner of the Internet, being wired, sharing his opinion yet not attracting as much attention as he may wish for.
EACH time I find him look so different from easy allies days, sadness comes from nowhere.
Wish him well. LOVE & RESPECT.

The disposable sports podcast comparison gets at feelings and opinions I have about Delayed Input in relation to my romanticized memory of Final Bosman. If you only have hot takes that expire within weeks or days and can't spin those off into making a larger point about business, people or life, why say anything at all?

So I'm especially betrayed when Kyle goes on to make the world of video game discussion a forever worse place by embracing Twitch VOD reviewers as legit.

If you only have hot takes that expire within weeks or days and can't spin those off into making a larger point about business, people or life, why say anything at all?
Because it's interesting and/or entertaining

Though I suppose if you wanted to extend it to a point about the industry at large, you could compare it to news reporting in general. So much content produced that has no inherent value and becomes quickly outdated/irrelevant

Because it's interesting and/or entertaining

Though I suppose if you wanted to extend it to a point about the industry at large, you could compare it to news reporting in general. So much content produced that has no inherent value and becomes quickly outdated/irrelevant

Things that are only relevant for a week aren't interesting. And interesting + entertaining > entertaining.

Sounds like one of those perfectly good, instantly disposable topics Kyle was talking about last week. Although I don't see anything wrong with those honestly. There's more than enough space in the discourse for videos that don't have staying power. Not everything needs to be a two hour video essay.

I have to stop myself from emoting in Marvel Snap. Do not thumbs up others when you do not wish to be thumbs-up'd yourself

huh, Bosman is interviewing Rodney Greenblat (the artist behind parappa the rapper) as part of a gaming zine called "A Profound Waste of Time"

• Rodney Greenblat (PaRappa the Rapper) is interviewed by Kyle Bosman about his approach to both his fine art and character design, and how he hopes his work inspires joy in others.
Greenblat is also creating a enamel badge as part of the rewards for the kickstarter, which is presumably simiarly approved by bosman.
5eba2fb20d388d1aa428336c415729d4_original.gif

Thanks to the clickbaity title, The latest Delayed Input is getting a bunch of views. And here's one of the comments:

"This was just randomly recommended to me even though I don't play this game but I just wanted to say that I watched the whole video because your voice reminded me a lot of Tobey Maguire's beginning monologue from Spiderman."

Ngl that Snap episode made me wanna play Snap.

So that I, too, could tell some Bozos to F off while spamming Kamala Khan 👍👍😂

Damn. Latest video is almost legit investigative journalism

The similarity between the old Bungie job posting and the new SSM and Guerilla ones is almost certainly not a coincidence though. Sony did purchase Bungie recently with the express purpose of helping them improve their games as services after all

Another video telling me to finally finish a Souls game. I'll get to Elden Ring one day.

The best part of this video is actually the second half where Kyle rips on what he deems "dorky" video game trailers. Meaning cinematic showings with no substance. And I gotta agree, that Immortals of Aveum trailer was all kinds of terrible.

Good episode, great points about what made Elden Ring memorable juxtaposed against an incredibly bland narrative trailer for another game.

Back
Top Bottom