• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series (1+2) announced for all platforms, launches July 8th (UPDATE: out now!)

hahaha that one is amazing.

I also thought Klonoa would be something romantic. Its definately different to mascot names like crash, ratchet, spyro etc.

not that it matters but isnt klonoa a girl?the implication is that the man is with klonoa and susan wants a threesome.
Klonoa is male, and the joke is his name sounds like an STD. The ad is kind of funny and people still remember it.

Oh hell yes. I'll take Encore Collections for both Tike Crisis and Point Blank, thank you!

Point Blank! Spent so long in arcades on those games. Great fun to play with other people too. Would be nice if they included 3, I never played that one (and maybe have Crisis Zone unlockable in Time Crisis Encore Collection and Ghoul Panic in the Point Blank Encore Collection).

Ordered the playasia physical seems to have english even if it's just text idm. Better than the 300+ to own both og's physically lol. Even the wii version is up crazily.

Honestly I think it's a pretty good and funny ad... I don't see it as problematic, it's just a pun about the name and there's no evidence the ad was targeted toward children. And I'm usually really sensitive to problematic jokes.

50 USD would be same as the Ty The Tasmanian Tiger 1+2 physical bundle. It will make a good Black Friday sale.

UJvAOhB.gif

I was looking just looking at the best games 'of all time'* on metacritic. I was delighted to see Klonoa 2 at a 91 MC, the 300th "best" game of all time.

*the list shows multiple versions of games as separate list items, and pretty much only includes games from 1996 forward. Plus there are many more reviews of games from the past decade than of games from the decades prior.

Still, really cool to see Klonoa 2 get some appreciation there. 300 sounds low but it's seriously high when you scroll through and see how high the MC still is at that point.

I have only played the PS1 original, which I really dig. How does the remake compare?
I personally really enjoyed the Wiimake and then played and loved the PS2 sequel. The level design is really kicked up a notch.

Wiimake seems to be disliked in the fandom but I enjoyed it. I know a lot of people really didn't like english voice acting and Klonoa having different, less 'cute' proportions.

I never got to play these properly at all. I hope to do so when they release on switch.

As I like the return of KLONOA, the only thing that worries me is that the developer is MONKEYCRAFT, the same as the recent Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World, which didn't run too smoothly, at least on Switch.

Wiimake is disliked? Why exactly? I have played the original and the second one when they came out and the wiimake. I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

Forgive me for sounding like a smartass, but why ask the question when the answer is right there in front of you?
No obviously, they just made it seem like a timed exclusive initially so I wonder what happened

Glad to see it has kept its release date. A few days ago I googled and saw a physical version of this is coming, but no one seemingly has it up for preorder yet.

Looks like they swapped the grownup Klonoa model of Wii version with the tiny PS1 Klonoa model. The rest of the game is Wii version with updated textures.

Back
Top Bottom