• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series (1+2) announced for all platforms, launches July 8th (UPDATE: out now!)

I'm so happy, Klonoa 2 is one of my fave PS2 games, it's hard to get a hold of and very glitchy to emulate. Having it on my Switch with a touch up and 1 as well is just fantastic.

Last edited:
I'm hoping this,the front mission game, and the live a live game has a physical release.
Yeah I'll buy all 3 day one. Really glad the Switch sales boost has been a huge boon to mid-tier IP revivals like this already, hope it continues forever.

Best announcement of the Direct for me and a long time coming. Unfortunately I replayed Klonoa 2 recently so this doesn't hold much appeal for me to play. But I'm really glad it's coming and I hope we get Klonoa 3 one day.

Finally the Wii version will get the redemption it deserves!

God I'm so happy about this. K2 is pure comfort food that can be replayed over and over. And it's one of the last remaining games in my ps2 collection to be ported (BOFV and Radiata Stories next!)

God I really hope this sparks a future for this series. it's way too good to just fade into nothingness.

I was already happy to see the series come back.

But then I was linked this trailer and, I kid you not, it made me tear up, I'm not even ashamed to admit it. There's just something deeply personal to me about games or series with such a light-hearted look that hide some really powerful emotional tales and dead serious moments. I swear they get me better than even the best realistic-styled games, something about them just feels so viscerally genuine.

I want this series to get more attention, it deserves to come back and get another shot at becoming well known. I really hope this collection will be the right chance to do so.

Watched Jeremy Parish play the original release on one of his streams and this certainly looks like my jam (not sure how I missed them back in the day). Definitely excited for this.

What do you guys think of the visual improvements? These games are currently in my emulation backlog so I'm excited to see them on Switch.

Klonoa 2 they got rid of the outlines, but everything looks so much cleaner. Also, they added more effects so it certainly looks better than its PS2 origin.

Klonoa 1 looks like they took the Wii release, removed the blur effects and cleaned things up a little.

Add in a new spiffy HD UI nearly shared between them and chef's kiss

Now to hope they remaster/remake the GBA games or just oh I dunno make a new one? Buy this game pls.

I'm hoping this,the front mission game, and the live a live game has a physical release.
I hear ya! I've always wanted to try these since playing the demo of....Klonoa 1 on the PS2? I can't remember.

Perfect. I'm definitely grabbing this.

Why do people keep refering to "Wahoo" games and seeing no reference to Klonoa is beyond me...

(Talking about people who say Nintendo makes nothing but "Scrimbolo Bimbolo Wahoo games")

Last edited:
Here's a quick side-by-side with the Wii version (found on reddit).

dLDNkdy.jpg

Missed out on these when they were new. Really cool to see this series make a comeback even though usually I'm not too hot on platformers.

Watched Jeremy Parish play the original release on one of his streams and this certainly looks like my jam (not sure how I missed them back in the day). Definitely excited for this.
It is so your jam shoptroll. You're gonna love it.

I knew this was rumored from all the retailer listings and whatnot, but SO happy it's confirmed!
I have the Wii-make of Klonoa and the PS2 Klonoa 2, but I'm wanting to own this on Switch to not only have it on a current platform but also to support our floppy-eared friend's future! :D

I've never played Klonoa but definitely tempted to try this out.

I just got done playing Door to Fantomile last week!

... I'm still picking this up.

Also, obligatory Susan:
C4Wc0IgVYAEfoAw.jpg

Ah yes, an adult woman wants a child coded character to be in bed with her.

...who even THOUGHT this was a good idea? Like, even ignoring how it doesn't tell you what the game is about, the idea of an adult woman wanting to do it with a child-like character, I...

...who even THOUGHT this was a good idea? Like, even ignoring how it doesn't tell you what the game is about, the idea of an adult woman wanting to do it with a child-like character, I...
I think the joke is that Klonoa is an STI. But she wants Klonoa, because Klonoa is so good! Or something!

I can't say I've ever read it the way you have.

Changing topics, weren't there some rumours about Baten Kaitos remasters that were going at the same time as these? Hopefully Namco is going to announce them eventually too.

Changing topics, weren't there some rumours about Baten Kaitos remasters that were going at the same time as these? Hopefully Namco is going to announce them eventually too.
Yeah, they trademarked Baten Kaitos names too. But that could be a simple renewal, as the Klonoa ones were not. They trademarked the whole title of the game "Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series".

I can't wait for this, so happy Klonoa is getting another chance to shine.

What a great time to revive it too and great promoted like this. The original is the very definition of a cult classic and the sequel never got its dues (I never played it either, so can't wait to be able to do so).

On that same front of cult action/platformer series here's hoping Goemon and Wario Land get to return as well one day...

What a great time to revive it too and great promoted like this. The original is the very definition of a cult classic and the sequel never got its dues (I never played it either, so can't wait to be able to do so).

On that same front of cult action/platformer series here's hoping Goemon and Wario Land get to return as well one day...
Damn, I'd love a Goemon collection. It's long overdue.

Failing that I'll take the N64 titles on NSO please and thank you

I just got done playing Door to Fantomile last week!

... I'm still picking this up.

Also, obligatory Susan:
C4Wc0IgVYAEfoAw.jpg
hahaha that one is amazing.

I also thought Klonoa would be something romantic. Its definately different to mascot names like crash, ratchet, spyro etc.

not that it matters but isnt klonoa a girl?the implication is that the man is with klonoa and susan wants a threesome.

the second game was a very early cell shaded title and this one is not cell shaded at all. so i think they are remaking it.

Hyped as hell for this. The Encore series has been on fire, the one thing from Bamco I've really loved on Switch outside their Museum releases.

Now just give me We Love Katamari Encore and Ridge Racers 1+2 Encore.

Hyped as hell for this. The Encore series has been on fire, the one thing from Bamco I've really loved on Switch outside their Museum releases.

Now just give me We Love Katamari Encore and Ridge Racers 1+2 Encore.

Ridge Racer would be hype. I'd love it for Time Crisis as well. Those games would be great on Switch.

Back
Top Bottom