• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Kirby's Dream Buffet announced, releasing summer 2022 on Nintendo eShop (UPDATE: out now!)

I woke up to this and groggily wondered if it was April hahah.

It looks cute! Also first thought Kirby Fall Guys?! Assuming its going to be f2p like that "Kirby fighter" game last year.
I took it as Fall Guys with a touch of Air Ride and a light sprinkle of Canvas Curse (or maybe Dream Course). A nice, unexpected surprise to wake up to though. I wonder if HAL will squeeze out one more title for the anniversary before the year is up (not that they need to).

Looks fun tho not up my alley. Game look great graphically which is expected with HAL at this point. Wonder if Vanpool if co developing this like the last two Kirby eshop titles

I feel like there was a missed opportunity not having the name reference Gourmet Race....

...But still, this looks neat! I'll have to pick it up!

They have tasted the brilliance of 3D Kirby and now there's no turning back. Another game just a few months after Forbidden Land! And looks super fun too. Hope it won't give me diabetes.

Interesting premise, I thought it was going to be a F2P title. Will be interesting to see what kind of following this gathers with Fall Guys on the platform and free. It seems like they both scratch the same itch just one is Kirby branded.

almost forgot theres another hal laboratory,there must be a new kirby game pretty soon from this team :
BqPydOU.png
say hello to the new insider

Quirky Kirby side game.... wait a minute..... is it signaling that Switch 1.0 is coming to an end and Switch 2.0 is coming?!?

FULL SAIL AHEAD!!!!

Intelligent Systems is still trying to figure out how to put romance options in it
They already found that out 5 years ago now they are trying to convience Nintendo that this is the way to go for the series while Nintendo wants another FE gacha to print money

Kinda weird to announce with zero release date and no pricing. Nintendo really taking the "surprise our fans" shtick to vague new places.

Personally wondering if this might be offered as an expansion pack bonus; or if Nintendo wait until a price bump before they begin to offer their eShop only titles as part of a subscription.

I read somewhere that HAL and Nintendo have a Pokemon Company style arrangement with Kirby (Superstar Company, I believe), which is part of why you get so many games and spinoffs.

Nintendo's weird hands off/hands on relationship with it's Long Time Partner studios results in stuff like this and I love it.

I read somewhere that HAL and Nintendo have a Pokemon Company style arrangement with Kirby (Superstar Company, I believe), which is part of why you get so many games and spinoffs.

Nintendo's weird hands off/hands on relationship with it's Long Time Partner studios results in stuff like this and I love it.
Warpstar. and they just handled merchandising

I wouldn't be surprised if this extended to all of the co-owned IPs, as long as the other company can find the money to make the game. then again, Fire Emblem was almost put on ice

I adore how Kirby making the jump to 3D has opened the flood gates for the spin-off titles

tbh i wasn’t feeling the “side mode but expanded!” vibe of the last gen, so I’m glad FL has few meaningful side modes. If anything they’ll turn the puzzle box into a real tilt n tumble 2 which would be glorious

Showed the trailer to my wife. She says the cake in the trailer is a strawberry shortcake

Man, 1 million views already. That's madness.

Well hey, this game looks neat! I'm one of those Kirby fans who actually prefers the mainline stuff over the "weird" spinoffs, but this game looks extremely cute. I wonder how it'll review and sell - I feel like the last few Kirby spinoffs have kind of came and went.

Warpstar, inc. (clever name I might add) Originally it was formed to produced the Kirby anime, but now as ILikeFeet said, they're handling Kirby merchandises. Video game stuffs are entirely HAL/Nintendo.

(They're probably more hand-off than say Fire Emblem by comparison though)

Warpstar, inc. (clever name I might add) Originally it was formed to produced the Kirby anime, but now as ILikeFeet said, they're handling Kirby merchandises. Video game stuffs are entirely HAL/Nintendo.

(They're probably more hand-off than say Fire Emblem by comparison though)
I'm surprised there isn't a Fire Emblem production company yet. you'd think we'd get another cartoon and comic given the popularity

I'm surprised there isn't a Fire Emblem production company yet. you'd think we'd get another cartoon and comic given the popularity
This is a good point lol. I guess Nintendo/IS is content with the way they are now though. Not helping that IS is also handling Fire Emblem merchandise by themselves. I guess either they were too busy or it's wasn't big enough for them to create a joint company on its own.

For what it worths, They have a weekly 4-koma for Heroes by various artists. I am surprised that is still running to this day.

So many views on Youtube yet there is no release date in the video for a game that is suppose to come out in the next 2 months…Looks like a real marketing fail imo.

I feel like there was a missed opportunity not having the name reference Gourmet Race....

...But still, this looks neat! I'll have to pick it up!
IMO it's already a combination of the food theme from Gourmet Race and the title of Kirby's Dream Course.

I want to play this with friends asap this summer! Any guesses as to when? Before september I hope :x
It seems possible we'll get a shadow drop soon with the Kirby concert this week and the promotion of a Kirby appearance at the Nintendo NY store. Kirby is one busy bee! I guess all the warp stars will come in extra handy.

Back
Top Bottom