• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Kirby's Dream Buffet announced, releasing summer 2022 on Nintendo eShop (UPDATE: out now!)

Shadow14

Hoot hoot

Releasing this summer, only on Eshop.

We still don't know much about the game, but from the small gameplay preview we can see on the trailer it seems to be a mix of Fall Guys/Katamari/Kirby/food.

It's funny how kirby is getting more 3d games than 2d now after 20+ years of only 2d games
As far as this game goes it looks adorable and really fun at the right price

Looks like fun! Curious to try it out.

Ya know, even though I'm kinda hurt that Zelda STILL hasn't shown up I quite like these regular Twitter announcements.

Wow looks like fall guys but with tighter controls, this I gonna be a day one buy for me. Really confused why we didn’t get a proper direct with Nintendo having first party announcements like this to make?

That looks like a game I'll be buying, so long as it has local multi, or downloading if it's some free-to-play online thing.

That is not what I expected based on the name. I was expecting a compilation 😂

Looks fun, will give it a go.

I really don't see the Fall Guys comparison, outside of it being a colourful game with obstacle courses.

Game itself looks alright, but I most definitely won't be getting it. Especially if it doesn't have online - which at only 4 players definitely seems likely.

EDIT: Seems like the game does have online, which is definitely welcome!

Last edited:
I really don't see the Fall Guys comparison, outside of it being a colourful game with obstacle courses.

Game itself looks alright, but I most definitely won't be getting it. Especially if it doesn't have online - which at only 4 players definitely seems likely.

It has

Oh, cool. This is definitely a welcome surprise. I might get it if there's a decent progression system and/or the price is low enough to be an impulse purchase :)
I think it'll be free with NSO. Seems like the perfect game for it.

If it's just vs 3 other players, then it's a no from me. Should've just copied Fall Guys and make it a big Battle Royal.
Might be wrong, but I think there can be more than 4 players at once judging by the video.

Edit - Looks like 8 at one point?

This actually looks really awesome.

The canvas and tilt spinoffs are some of my favorite Kirby content. Turning a similar concept into a multiplayer game is genius (on paper). Hope it transfers to the product.

i"ve seen people say this was $20 in places. don't know if that's true, but they didn't announce it as F2P. would make a perfect NSO game though in addition to a standalone title

Nice to see small games again appear from Nintendo between larger releases. Something the 3DS had as a necessity would still work on a more popular device like the Switch.

Wait i pseudo predicted this after playing fall guys the other day and wishing Nintendo had something in that space (ala Monkey ball 99 lol but this works)

Kirby x Fall Guys x Monkey Ball…. Hype!!!

It’s also an online, multiplayer, race-based platformer. Can’t get much closer than that aside from player count.

Last edited:
i"ve seen people say this was $20 in places. don't know if that's true, but they didn't announce it as F2P. would make a perfect NSO game though in addition to a standalone title
That's just speculation based on past Kirby spinoffs being that price.

This looks fun! Pretty weird though that it comes out this summer…which is right now, and there are so few details. Would it have been that hard to share a release date and/or pricing info?

FYI
Might be wrong, but I think there can be more than 4 players at once judging by the video.

Edit - Looks like 8 at one point?
Eshop page says 4 player matches

Rest look like CPU waddle dees

This is giving me big air ride city trial vibes with how the races prepare you for and culminate in a final battle

Looks cheery and colorful! Kind of weird they couldnt attach a date to this but just summer when we are in the middle of it.
Last time Nintendo announced a E-shop only Kirby game it was also via PR/Twitter back in 2020 - the year of partner/minis/Mario/twitter directs

FXd-WrMXoAAxk46

HAL always excels at presentation and visuals... looks really great! And fun too of course.

From the Japanese website (translated via deepL):
Kirby turns into candy!

Kirby's well-known copy ability appears in a new form. By eating the "Copy Food" that can be obtained in the stage, Kirby can transform into a candy. This "copy food ability" is the key to battle, as it can be used to eat surrounding strawberries, blow away opponents with a shockwave, or even turn the tables on them all at once if used properly.
Tornado" in the form of soft-serve ice cream
Stone" in the form of chocolate

It seems that there are other copy food abilities that take the form of sweets and other food items. Please look forward to further information for details.

The Nintendo Switch downloadable software "Kirby's Gourmet Fest" is scheduled to be released in the summer of 2022. Please stay tuned!

I woke up to this and groggily wondered if it was April hahah.

It looks cute! Also first thought Kirby Fall Guys?! Assuming its going to be f2p like that "Kirby fighter" game last year.

Back
Top Bottom