• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Site Event Kirby Turned 30! Community Game Event - May 2022 (Badges + Raffle Inside!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Popopo!

FR8fdOnVkAAUI3d.jpg
I love how in this version Kirby's all like "Thank U, Next"

Not particularly interested in most of the listed challenges, but i figured i'd at least get Hello, Popopo!.
5YAnqge.jpg

I've beaten this game several times before, so it's not too bad.

Phew; real close one on that last attempt, but I did it. That's Super Kirby RPG done for me, the last one I needed to do. @Chaotic Neutral

tyBjMuO.jpg

(you just know I had to buy the Marx armor before completing this one, lol)

These were really fun! Been a blast revisiting a bunch of Kirby for the anniversary and I think i'll replay a few more on my own.

Phew; real close one on that last attempt, but I did it. That's Super Kirby RPG done for me, the last one I needed to do. @Chaotic Neutral

tyBjMuO.jpg

These were really fun! Been a blast revisiting a bunch of Kirby for the anniversary and I think i'll replay a few more on my own.

Amazing. I might be wrong but I think that's a Fami first for clearing an entire community challenge, and in a week or so at that. Well done!

@Chaotic Neutral
Done World-Famous Treasure Hunter

Trying to go for the Super Kirby RPG one, but it feels like it will take a while.

Never had played any Kirby game to completion before, only the switch demos (and not sure if the ones in Kirby Super Star count as) but I'm having fun so far.

Amazing. I might be wrong but I think that's a Fami first for clearing an entire community challenge, and in a week or so at that. Well done!
Definitely helped me a lot that I had already finished Forgotten Land and had a completed Link's Awakening save to revisit, but everything else was a fresh replay for the challenges. It was fun!

tyBjMuO.jpg

Congrats on finishing then all! I think I finished all of them in the last event, and agree it makes for a really fun time, and a good reason to revisit games old and new!

Going to finally be able to start working on these challenges this weekend! I’ll be aiming to achieve as much as possible, but that Smash Bros badge will definitely be a major block in the road. The Zelda achievement in SSBU (clear any classic mode with 9.9) is the last one I have to get, and I’ve tried countless times. It’ll be a nice little double-win it I can do it with Kirby this month.

Going to kick things off with the Forgotten Land badge, and then will make my way up the tiers.

s68zM9g.jpg
@Chaotic Neutral

Also: AWESOME work on that OP, Toto! Very creative and fun to read, definitely got me excited for the event. Thanks for putting this all together!

The smash challenge isn't happening so I've given up lol I might try the Kirby Clash one, never played it, maybe it's a good time.

Who’s gonna make the Xenoblade challenges for July? Gonna probably have to make those last a year so people can actually compete them…

Maybe I’ll try to do smash here while I wait for work meetings to start

Pretty good chance Monday we find out if we’re getting Kirby 64 this month or not. Curious to see what a challenge for it would be

Great thread and I’m keen to get involved! What’s the best way to upload a picture for proof?

Wait: does this work? @Chaotic Neutral

A New World Conqoured

Hello Popoppo:

Last edited:
@Chaotic Neutral I think I forgot to post my evidence for Super Kirby RPG

edit: and Is That Really You!

My wife and I got super into this game when it first came out, and ran all the way through. It's actually a really fun, high quality boss brawler. If you've got four friends it's probably a blast, but still great with two and some invited computer controlled guests to fill other roles. If you're trying to do it for this challenge and haven't played before, keep in mind that if going full free2play it will take some time as you need to wait for apples to be ready to harvest to buy weapons. You can blast through it if you pay though.

I had to do this one just because I find the badge image to be unsettling, and need it for myself. Love Link's Awakening!

Last edited:
@Chaotic Neutral and here’s World-Famous Treasure Hunter (Kirby Super Star - SNES / NSO)!

8173837-D-6-DD3-4687-B3-E8-8-DEB40589652.jpg
4-BC96-E09-4-E96-4358-BAC0-8-F3-A8-A9-F2-E98.jpg
458159-E1-6388-4299-82-A1-1-D00294-B38-E4.jpg

This was my first time playing this mode to completion, and the first time on SNES. Glad I did it with the rewind capability to get around annoyances with the buddy AI– all signs point towards me not enjoying Star Allies if it’s this x4 lol. My co-op partner wasn’t much help but he enjoyed watching.

Yo-yo was my favorite ability to toy around with whenever I wasn’t using a required one for puzzles and such.

Been working away at Dream Course and PT UFO as well, though I’m taking some time to learn and enjoy the games before targeting in on the challenges.

always say I'm going to do this and then forget or can't find the time I go for the easy one and got so lost trying to find the entrance to this dungeon 😂

Alright, and as this weekend comes to an end I’m finishing off the first tier. I would have loved to have played Kirby’s Dream Land on a Game Boy and gotten the full experience, but unfortunately I don’t have access to a GB at the moment.

Also, I tried to make the FamiBoard logo part of my name in Dream Course but I poorly estimated the scaling ratio. I also totally forgot about save states on NSO, so I spent pretty much the entire day trying to figure out the best way to get a hole-in-one at each hole. It was actually kind of fun though, since I rarely ever play golf games, it was a nice change in pace.

Been giving the Classic Mode a try every now and then. Closest I’ve gotten was 9.2 at Dedede. The curry item and shrinking mushrooms keep ruining the pacing of my matches.

6VEtz1I.jpg
QqfPoym.gif

Sorry, it died in the most inconvenient location to take a video.
ACebTym.jpg
@Chaotic Neutral

The unlockable mode in Part Time UFO is such a nice little call-back to Great Cave Offensive, I hope we see an expanded sequel some day!

Decided to do a few quick Classic Mode runs before going to bed, and umm… I did it. I DID IT. I’ve never felt so validated in my life! Might have to start maining Kirby after having mastered a bunch of tricks to get quick KOs with him.

UDoY10n.jpg
3loan2B.jpg

@Chaotic Neutral - Can you handle the heat? achieved

This deserves a proper Kirby dance
<(^^)< >(^^)> v(^^)v ^(^^)^

@Chaotic Neutral here is my proof for Hello, Popopo.

I was sad that I couldn't play on Gameboy due to losing my cart, but I at least ran through workout using any copy abilities to try to give it the original vibe.

Last edited:
@Chaotic Neutral
Endure the Pain has been endured!
f8DlGzI_d.webp

FOwvtuQ_d.webp

I had never played Kirby's Adventure before, so that was a great opportunity to go through it. I feel like a more "legit" Kirby fan now.

Now scuse me while I go ice my thumbs 😅

Well, would you look at that.

I still wonder where Custom Robo V1 is… probably paired with Pokémon snap. Still curious to see if they reveal a roadmap 2 in their June presentation

Also where’s the Kirby 64 challenge, this should line up perfectly with my remote getting in

I gotta say, even as someone who loves Kirby's Adventure, the boss rush might be the hardest challenge I've attempted for this event so far. There is so little room for error on the Meta Knight and Dedede fights, nothing to save you, and Kirby isn't exactly as nimble as he is in the modern games. I've been at this for hours so far. Maybe longer than it took to play through a new file and beat it...

@Chaotic Neutral

I have some fantastic news - complaining on the internet works! I did indeed Endure the Pain.

First, the game completion image from last night...

20220512-180633.jpg

...and then the actual completion from a few minutes ago on my commute.

20220513-075253.jpg

I'm glad I won't have to do that again, lol

@Chaotic Neutral Found my copy of LA's today, so went ahead and completed “Is that really you?”

Forgot the buttons, but I got a nice shot of Kirby eating me and Kirby flying away after getting hit. lol

Might try a few more before the event ends, super glad we got Kirby 64 coming soon too as well.

Sorry everyone for late badge awards, I've been unusually busy with that real life thing recently! All badges up to this post should have been awarded - HMU if anything is missing! 🙏
No worries! Happy to see you back, hope the real life thingie is going well!

Booted up my 20th Anniversary Collection and found my Super Star save is missing about 13 of the treasures in GCO so I’m going to give that a run. But man coming from Kirby’s Adventure and Forgotten Land, Super Star is taking some getting used to mechanically ☹️

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom