• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Site Event Kirby Turned 30! Community Game Event - May 2022 (Badges + Raffle Inside!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last day of the event today! Get your Kirby on today if you haven't already! So far there have been 120 challenges cleared and 120 badges awarded, which is a testament to how successful this event has been! But there is still room for more and according to my time zone, you have just over 12 hours to add to that tally.

All badges hitherto should have been awarded and, once again, HMU if I missed anything! Then after the event is over, I will award the badges that are claimed after this point and then staff will draw the winners from the raffle... 👀

I've postponed buying Forgotten Land hoping to win the raffle, fingers crossed lol
Ditto but Star Allies

well, long postponed for other reasons, but specifically recently due to this lmao

Beat the first Kirby game a couple days ago, really coming in under the wire. So close to finishing Forgotten Land, too (I think all I have left is the gotcha stuff) but won't finish it by tonight. Thank you totofogo for running this event!

I’ve been alternating between Cave Offensive and Crystal Shards, but time was fleeting and I had to prioritize one before the event ended. Since I hadn’t gotten any badges from the second tier yet, I decided to go for Treasure Hunter. And I’m glad I did, because I really REALLY enjoyed my time with it. This was my first time playing it, and I had so much fun. This has immediately been added to my list of comfort games to replay again later.

@Chaotic Neutral (thanks!)

Also, congratulations to @totofogo on such a successful event! And thank you for doing it - I was bummed after finishing Forgotten Land, and this is exactly what I needed to keep the Kirby train rolling.

Thanks all! I'm stuck late at work but still trying to squeeze in some time to wrap the final world of Kirby 64 tonight 😰 @Chaotic Neutral we tend to have a few stragglers based on previous events and I just posted some reminders in General / the Kirby 64 thread as well - mind if I selfishly ask you to extend things to midnight PST?

Didn't have time to dwell into the challenge as much as I wanted too, but still 100% Forgotten Land and it was extremely fun !

IMG-5269.jpg

Ahh phew, with 35 min to go in my timezone I completed it! After a hectic and long day at work K64 was a delightful little way to close it out.

Here we are, my final two challenges of the month.

Drifting Away (Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - N64 (NSO)

A1-C83-A17-802-C-428-D-B21-E-E22378992325.jpg
FDDC6-A1-D-6987-4-B9-D-BE1-E-3215-D10-EC7-FD.jpg

Is That Really You? (The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Game Boy & Nintendo Switch)

D3-BCB374-7-DDC-43-C4-BED6-68-A7-F88-AB306.jpg
2-BC5-FB50-B300-4554-A8-C7-7-CEE668-D4900.jpg
B05-AB066-55-D4-489-B-8896-7965-BF6-ED7-B4.jpg

a story in 3 parts

Pardon the terrible pics lol, I am tired

I really wanted to do Floating Below Par (Dream Course has long been on my list) and Part-Time Jobski (PT UFO is a 10/10), and I will no doubt soon do a New World Conquered as well (I just put it aside to play 64 this week)… but overall I’m happy with my time spent! Lots of thoughts to share from the last couple pages of posts and my time with K64, but I’ll save that for tomorrow.

Thank you all for your participation! It was a joy to get to know the Kirby series better after being blown away by Forgotten Land. Y’all kept me pumped all month and each of these posts brought a smile to my face. Shout-out to @MondoMega for being the brains behind the operation and @Chaotic Neutral for being the brawn and assigning all of your badges!

Now, onto the raffle we go – good luck all :)

Last edited:
Event Results!
Alright, friends! Thank you for celebrating our favourite pink puffball so nicely for an entire month!

Over the course of it, we awarded

Hello, Popopo! 28 times
Is That Really You? 12 times
Floating Below Par 12 times
World-Famous Treasure Hunter 16 times
Be My Guest 4 times
Kirby's Part-Time Jobski 6 times
Endure the Pain 9 times
Super Kirby RPG 2 times
Can You Handle the Heat? 9 times
A New World: Conquered 17 times
and Drifting Away 10 times

for a grand total of 125 badges awarded! Great job, everyone!

Now, these 125 badges translated into 78 raffle tickets, and with some but not much further ado, we'll announce the winners of the draw...

1. Normal Prize (x3): A choice between Part-Time UFO and BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL! eShop codes

2. Super Prize (x2): A choice between Kirby Star Allies and Kirby and the Forgotten Land eShop codes

Congratulations to our five winners and please hit me up in a DM with your eShop region and your prize choice and I'll get on it as soon as my infant and toddler cooperate... many apologies again to the long breaks between claims and awards everyone 😥 !

Lastly, absolutely immense kudos to @totofogo for pulling off such a fantastic community game event! I really love community collaboration like this and I highly encourage everyone who is interested in trying their own hand at it to hit us with your ideas and see if they stick. 😉

Poyo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom