• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Jupiter Corporation celebrates its 30th anniversary today! (30% off on all digital games until June 24th)

mazi

picross pundit

one of my favorite devs, i've spent countless hours on their picross games. not to mention their other great work like the Pokemon Pinball games and TWEWY. happy anniversary Jupiter!

Wow! Time to stock up on all the Picross games I don’t have yet. Thanks @mazi :)

A part of my heart will never stop longing for Picross e9.

This is great! I have wanted to check out Working Zombies, which don't get discounted as often as their Picross titles. Maybe I'll get another Picross game since 30% is not a common discount point at all.

Between S4 and S5, which is the easier Picross?

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
This is great! I have wanted to check out Working Zombies, which don't get discounted as often as their Picross titles. Maybe I'll get another Picross game since 30% is not a common discount point at all.

Between S4 and S5, which is the easier Picross?

Thank you for reading.
S4 and S5 are probably the easiest games in S series so far. there's not much difference between them when it comes to difficulty. they ramped up the difficulty in 6 and 7 tho.

S4 and S5 are probably the easiest games in S series so far. there's not much difference between them when it comes to difficulty. they ramped up the difficulty in 6 and 7 tho.
I certainly felt the difficulty in S6, so I know what you mean. That's why I am wary of S7.

Thank you for reading.

DAMN IT a month after i caved and bought Sanrio on 3DS too

Oh well, huge picross backlog for me so I try to avoid these sales since I have S2 to beat, but I may cave on the Sega picross... perhaps... I have S2, Kemono, Sanrio, Mario Super, Mario GB. and Mario GB2 to all play in my rotation, so I have so many boxes to check

Hm, looks like I have overlord, Sega, S and S3 as far as switch goes. Should I just proceed in order and pick up 3 more S’s? Or jump around?

Hm, looks like I have overlord, Sega, S and S3 as far as switch goes. Should I just proceed in order and pick up 3 more S’s? Or jump around?
doesn't really matter either way, there's no reason to go in order. just pick any 3 you want. there's a chart here that shows the modes and number of puzzles, if that helps. note that to unlock some of the extra big puzzles in later games you need the save files for S, S2 and S3 (S7 requires save files for S4, S5 and S6). but it's just 3 puzzles so it's not a big deal.

Nice, going to try Overlord Picross , it's the only one I was missing
Solid but portrait heavy. Mega picross puzzles are optional

Edit:
I grabbed S2, 4 and 5 to round things up but that was the limit of my budget. Got S1-5, Sega and Overlord now though I already cleared the 4 I have in no hints mode

Last edited:
I got the Sega one and I am debating getting S5. I have bothered @mazi plenty of times about the games with more content and not too much difficulty and that’s why my first buy was S4.

I got the Sega one and I am debating getting S5. I have bothered @mazi plenty of times about the games with more content and not too much difficulty and that’s why my first buy was S4.
if you enjoyed s4, s5 has pretty much the same level of difficulty, and the same number of puzzles.

I definitely didn’t just buy the last few years of Picross that I missed. Nope. Not me. I definitely didn’t just buy Picross S 5, 6, 7, and Sega edition. You’d have to be crazy to do that. Pure insanity.

this is a cry for help

Finally bought an official Picross game on the Switch with this sale, I went for the Genesis one. After finishing Pokemon Picross I turned to other nonogram games for my fix, like Konami's Pixel Puzzle on mobile (which is pretty excellent considering it's free, it doesn't have the grind Pokemon Picross did), and most recently Murder By Numbers. But I've enjoyed coming back to an official Picross this past week.

Back
Top Bottom