• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle R announced for consoles and PC (UPDATE: launch trailer, releasing September 2)

Happy to see it coming to Switch!

I've been hungry for a new JoJo game for a while, so I guess this'll tide me over for now. Wonder if the new characters are just going to be the EoH newcomers added in.

Happy to see it coming to Switch!

I've been hungry for a new JoJo game for a while, so I guess this'll tide me over for now. Wonder if the new characters are just going to be the EoH newcomers added in.
I saw someone on Twitter mention with 50 in this game, there would be 9 new people so maybe that adds up to whatever EoH is?

I'm an anime watcher btw lol.

This might have to be a day one 👀

A Bamco game release day and date on switch, happy to see it. I liked the original ASB well enough, but it was kinda meh. Seems like they're making some nice changes

Really cool, didn't want to drop 40 plus on PS3 to play this or pay the hefty import cost. Really glad this is coming to Switch. Hoping for a physical release and an English dub.

Very very happy about this. Can't wait to get spoiled part 7 and 8 by this game.

Looks like we're getting a mix of EoH characters and brand new ones for the additional nine/ten characters.

Looks like we're getting a mix of EoH characters and brand new ones for the additional nine/ten characters.

Oh, great! Most of the Part 3 villains are likely to be the first EoH newcomers on the chopping block IMO.

Looking at the trailer again, they've updated the parts 1-6 characters to have their anime coloring which I appreciate. Jotaros jacket is black instead of blue, star platinum is purple instead of green. Giorno and Bruno and pink and white respectively instead of blue, etc.

Here's a thread that details all the new content and adjustments of this remaster

They added some of the stages from Eyes of Heaven, the game now runs at 60 FPS, and they changed how you unlock alternate costumes and BGMs (which was one of the biggest complaints of the original game apparently).

They seem to have put a lot of work into making this a better game, I'm really glad.

Last edited:
This really isn't just a remaster or a slightly updated port. It's almost like a sequel at this point. I'm really excited for this!
2022 is getting even more packed.

They added some of the stages from Eyes of Heaven, the game now runs at 60 FPS, and they changed how you unlock alternate customs and BGMS (which was one of the biggest complaints of the original game apparently).

They seem to have put a lot of work into making this a better game, I'm really glad.
These all sound like good, significant improvements. I’m in.

I got into Jojo's anime in the last couple years so I missed out on the original release. I may pick up the Switch version if the reception is positive.

I checked the original roster and most of the highlights are there. Happy they're adding new characters though because Foo Fighters and Weather Report are sorely missing.

.... and they changed how you unlock alternate costumes and BGMs (which was one of the biggest complaints of the original game apparently).
Oh thank god. That was the worst part of the original game, where the campaign mode had a limit of how much you can play without paying some microcurrency shit and even then, the item drops from the fights were random so you could play and not win any new pose, costume or bgm.

Trish (Confirmed)
Prosciutto (Confirmed)
Speedwagon
Pet Shop
Yukako
Risoto Nero
Weather Report
Diego
Joshu
Tooru

I want Mamezuku, but my guess for the 10 left is this

Sounds good, it always was a great JoJo game in my opinion, hopefully they tweak it enough to be a great fighting game as well. In any case I'll get the Switch port if it's good and am excited!

Pet Shop is great!
I didn't know there would be a season's pass, I hoped the retail release would be it.

Maybe I'm understanding it wrong, but the Switch version won't have a standard physical release? Only the collector's edition shows the Switch version.

Pet Shop is great!
I didn't know there would be a season's pass, I hoped the retail release would be it.

Maybe I'm understanding it wrong, but the Switch version won't have a standard physical release? Only the collector's edition shows the Switch version.

Nah, the Switch version is physical too.

As much as I enjoyed the original...I REALLY want to hear about some rollback (and some crossplay, too, but I'm trying not to be "too greedy").

C'mon, Bamco and CC2. As much as I wanna rock with Raptor!Dio, how much would I be able to if netplay sucks~?

Tech details are out:
  • 1080p docked
  • 720p portable
  • 30fps in both modes
  • No rollback netcode
  • No cross-play

Source

I was excited about playing this on Switch even with no rollback, but the framerate being capped at 30 kind of kills my interest. I'd rather get it on discount down the line on other platforms.

Last edited:
Was 60fps really impossible on Switch considering this is a PS3 era game? Really disappointing to see yet another inferior version of a game that should have been closer to other platforms.

Still getting it on Switch, the game was 30fps originally on ps3 so it's not like a downgrade from what it was.

Was 60fps really impossible on Switch considering this is a PS3 era game? Really disappointing to see yet another inferior version of a game that should have been closer to other platforms.
I have played almost all full 3D PS3 to Switch ports and I can safely say I don't remember any of them being 60 fps except Burnout Paradise and Diablo 3.

Tech details are out:
  • 1080p docked
  • 720p portable
  • 30fps in both modes
  • No rollback netcode
  • No cross-play

Source

I was excited about playing this on Switch even with no rollback, but the framerate being capped at 30 kind of kills my interest. I'd rather get it on discount down the line on other platforms.
Yup that's where I'm at. Gonna wait for a steep discount on PS5.

New characters.

Still no GeoJo representation.... The shameful inability for redemption is eternally saddening.

George Joestar was the most relatively powerful, nay overpowered Joestar compared to his time contemporary Dio matchup in series history.

He could have set everything right.

We need this what if.

A bit disappointed Part 4 Jotaro was one of the new characters after all, but still nice to see Yukako and Foo Fighters.

We've got Trish and Prosciutto left from the leak, so 1 more unknown left. They did show Baoh in the trailer but he wasn't a part of the breaking images on the roster so I'm guessing he doesn't count towards the total? Or maybe he does, not sure. I assumed he would be dlc again since he's from a different series, but I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Back
Top Bottom