• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Music Jazz/Fusion - grooving or chilling, we have them all

Mercury_Sagit

┏(‘▀_▀’)ノ♬♪
Contributor
Pronouns
He/Him
Greetings, Famiboard citizens! This thread is for Jazz/Fusion music, where many genres mix into one :p

For me specifically, I'm more into the Eastern side of the scene, specifically Japanese artists. Despite gaining popularity in the same era as City-Pop, some JP Jazz/Fusion bands managed to survive the test of time and persist even until today. Back in 70/80s, Casiopea and T-Square are regarded as the pioneers of this genre in Japan and are probably the most well-known bands internationally. However, there are also independent artists in this period who either pursued Jazz/Fusion from the start (Masayoshi Takanaka, Katsutoshi Morizono) or switched from pure Jazz to Jazz/Fusion (Yoshiaki Masuo).

You can find below some of my favourite tracks which have a lot of influence from Latin-America music as well as funk/rock:

I'm quite curious about the Western side of the Jazz/Fusion scene, would be glad if someone can share your perspective, as well as your favorite artists and your impression about the genre in general :D

Last edited:
These tracks sound groovy.

Also this thread has made my musically illiterate self realize that Lupin III's soundtrack has been Jazz/Fusion all along.

Last edited:
These tracks sound groovy.

Also this thread has made my musically illiterate self realize that Lupin III's soundtrack has been Jazz/Fusion all along.
Well actually you don't need to look that far into other media to find traces of Jazz/Fusion music ;)

Also a small tidbit: one of the drummer performing for Mario Kart 8 is Satoshi Bandoh, a member of the Jazz Fusion band T-Square.
Another tidbit: this track (also from T-Square) will surely remind you of a certain game series.

woah, Japanese fusion thread

get ready for Mambo No 5

Yes, another fellow Takanaka fan :p He's probably my favorite Jazz/Fusion artist due to his jolly and upbeat music style inspired by Latin America music.

Back
Top Bottom