• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Jakks Pacific shows off real-life Mario Kart that you drive around

Peleo

Shriekbat
Pronouns
He / Him / His

News
Santa Monica, California-based Jakks Pacific has a long history of making official Nintendo and Mario-licensed toys and products, and now, the company has unveiled a new toy at San Diego Comic-Con 2022 that even adults are drooling after — the new electric ride-on Mario Kart go-kart.

It is, primarily, a kid’s toy with plastic wheels, an adjustable seat and three forward-driving speed settings to go up to 8 miles/hr (12.87 km/hr). It includes classic sound effects directly from the Mario Kart video games, though none of the Items. We know — it’s a bummer.

Jakks Pacific plans to launch the toy kart sometime this fall. Check out the toy company unveiling the kart at the San Diego Comin-Con in the video above.

When I think of Mario Kart, my first thought is the pipe kart frame that was in Super Mario Kart/Mario Kart 64/Mario Kart Super Circuit:

d0ee84fd1cbedabb8671e4ef56f4330082cd8ebe_00.jpg

MK64Kart4.png

I wanna drive that instead.

Triple A???? Surely that only for the sound box right??? No way that engine runs on that

When I think of Mario Kart, my first thought is the pipe kart frame that was in Super Mario Kart/Mario Kart 64/Mario Kart Super Circuit:

d0ee84fd1cbedabb8671e4ef56f4330082cd8ebe_00.jpg

MK64Kart4.png

I wanna drive that instead.
these days, it's too generic, since it's the most bog standard kart you can get now. they made the right decision

I assume the AAA batteries are for the sound effects and what not? Lol if it actually takes 24 AAA batteries.

I would have adored this as a child. Now, being an adult that is too big for this children's toy, I look on wistfully and hope the kids of today enjoy it in my place.

Ok saw the specs and use 2 AAA bateries, so its def for the sound box (that has also the MK8 theme).

Back
Top Bottom