• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Is 2021 the best year for Nintendo game post-launch support?

Magic-Man

Perseus Jackson
Pronouns
He/Him
Just off the top of my head, we've had:
  1. Pyra/Mythra, Kazuya, Sora (Super Smash Bros Ultimate)
  2. Animal Crossing New Horizons 2.0 and Happy Home Paradise (Animal Crossing New Horizons)
  3. Online play (Super Mario Party)
  4. Expansion Pass (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
  5. Various characters and courses (Mario Golf Super Rush)
  6. Three new areas (New Pokemon Snap)
I can't remember the last time we got tons of DLC like this.

Whether or not 2021 stands as the best in that regard, Switch games really have been getting some solid post-launch support ever since Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade 2.

But yeah, I'd say 2021 has seen the most.

I just thought of something

How much I want Dread DLC
I have yet to play Dread so in avoiding the threads for this game, but I really hope they make a good expansion pass for this game.
Maybe a side story or a little epilogue connecting its end to what the next arc will be.

Isle Delfino DLC for Odyssey was an enormous missed opportunity.
THIS. DLC for Odyssey in general was a missed opportunity as we're not getting a sequel for that one in at least 5 years, it's a bummer they didn't release any new kingdoms or a new story.

I'm kinda surprised Super Mario Party got online support and that it was added this year???
I mean I don't remember much buzz about it at all. They just dropped it on the game without even like making a Twitter trailer or anything? I only got to know it was added like last week on the install base sales speculation thread for Mario Party Superstars.

The only year that really could rival this one on the DLC front is 2018, Odyssey new mode, Donkey Kong for M+R, Kirby post launch support, Mario Tennis post launch support, Pokken DLC, Octo Expansion and the only DLC for Mario Kart we got in Labor compatibility and BotW Link.

Back
Top Bottom