• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News iOS 16 adds support for Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons and Pro Controller

mazi

picross pundit
In a series of tweets, Testut said that iOS 16 supports both single left or right Joy-Cons, or both at once as a singular controller. Testut added that it is possible to dynamically switch between using the Joy-Cons individually or as one combined controller by holding the screenshot capture and home buttons for a few seconds.

Testut also confirmed that iOS 16 supports the Nintendo Switch's Pro Controller, which is a more traditional looking game controller.

The controllers can be customized in the Bluetooth menu of the Settings app on iOS 16, which is available in beta for developers starting today. Apple said a public beta of iOS 16 will follow in July, and the software update will be released in the fall.

iPhones have also supported PlayStation 5 DualSense and Xbox Series X controllers since the release of iOS 14.5 in April 2021.

Does your controller unlink from your Switch when you use it with another device?

Does your controller unlink from your Switch when you use it with another device?
From my experience using a Pro Controller in combination with my PC: yes. You'll have to re-register them with the Switch afterwards.
(That's exactly why I bought a second Pro Controller, lol)

Time to download COD mobile now. Silly I have to do this to get a COD fix but here we are.

From my experience using a Pro Controller in combination with my PC: yes. You'll have to re-register them with the Switch afterwards.
(That's exactly why I bought a second Pro Controller, lol)
Re-registering them with the Switch is simple, though: Just plug it to the dock. It should recognize it and sync.

Back
Top Bottom