• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Into The Breach Advanced Edition announced, free on all platforms

Release: July 19th, 2022
Price: Free

Some good news to ruminate on out there 'mech runners! Just as they did with FTL, a free expansion pack is coming to INTO THE BREACH. If you haven't played it, you really should if you enjoy tactics games- once it clicks, you really get to have fun with it. I'm personally salivating at the announced additional content coming...

banner-AE.png

New Mechs and Weapons: Five new mech squads and nearly forty new weapons.

New Challenges: More enemies, more bosses, and more mission objectives that add additional challenge and variety to any run.

New Pilot Abilities: The expanded roster includes four new pilots and triple the amount of skills any pilot can earn through promotions.

banner-fangamer.png

July is gonna be lit! 🎇

Awesome news, love this dev.
Cool of them to hold off on the physical until this was done.
Also wondering if their next game announcement will follow shortly after? Into the Breach is 4 yrs old!

Oh hell yeah, I played it a couple summers ago and loved it, I’m definitely checking this out

Awesome stuff! Good excuse to dig this out again for another run or two.

The best strategy game of the past decade if you ask me, and one of the games with procedural elements which I enjoyed.

I really appreciated Into the Breach and played it for a few hours, but I stopped enjoying it really quick. I just don't like starting all over because of a game over. I like the challenge, but it's essentially wasting my time if I lose everything after a (failed run). I don't know if I'll get back into it, but I really want to like it. There is so much there.

I really appreciated Into the Breach and played it for a few hours, but I stopped enjoying it really quick. I just don't like starting all over because of a game over. I like the challenge, but it's essentially wasting my time if I lose everything after a (failed run). I don't know if I'll get back into it, but I really want to like it. There is so much there.

I think it's pretty normal for your first runs to be disastrous, once you get a little experience and you find a good synergy between mechs the game gets way easier - in a "as long as i don't let my guard down i'm not gonna die" sort of way

God-tier strategy game imo.

Been playing this since it came to Switch and I'll absolutely be oicking it up again once the physical version comes in. Already preordered!

As brilliant if not more so than the Advance Wars series. Very different and unique approach though. A true classic.

My friend, I believe you need a little more patience and a little more understanding of how the game works! Most of the beginning is failing, but you'll see- there's a large portion of the game that starts to carry over between runs in terms of what you're unlocking and how to handle obstacles.

Perhaps try focusing on certain goals each run and mini-achievements to gain coins, gaining more squads- you'll start learning how the enemy operates. And then you'll crush them! 😂

I think it's pretty normal for your first runs to be disastrous, once you get a little experience and you find a good synergy between mechs the game gets way easier - in a "as long as i don't let my guard down i'm not gonna die" sort of way

My friend, I believe you need a little more patience and a little more understanding of how the game works! Most of the beginning is failing, but you'll see- there's a large portion of the game that starts to carry over between runs in terms of what you're unlocking and how to handle obstacles.

Perhaps try focusing on certain goals each run and mini-achievements to gain coins, gaining more squads- you'll start learning how the enemy operates. And then you'll crush them! 😂
Perhaps you're right. But I have over 5 hours clocked in that game, and it's always back to square 1 after a game over. I enjoy the core gameplay, but not how progression works. It's pretty much a rogue like.

I'll probably give it another chance when the update releases, hopefully it will click then.

I was thinking "Why did I never try this?". I guess that was why.

Back
Top Bottom