• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion I think it is absolutely critical that you all know that FamiBoards has signatures

Raccoon

Fox Brigade
Pronouns
He/Him
I spent about thirty seconds on mine, and I'm quite proud of it. It actually doesn't even look too bad, at least with dark mode on.

I sincerely hope that you all take a moment to write some signatures for yourselves so as to cultivate a campy old-school forum culture.

Gotta figure out if we can fix this

~~~-------- sent from my iPhone ---------~~~

I tried really hard to channel the early 00s with mine. Its a final fantasy 7 quote, but skillfully misattributed

Wonder if someone could make me a sephiroth sig but with the Adam Jensen quote "I never asked for this" preferably advent children era sephiroth thnx in advance

How's mine? I spent a lot of time thinking about what to put in it.

Signatures arre so old-school. Bonus points if your signature is always larger than your post?

Unironically extremely based.

Sigs.png

↓ I just pulled out my 2011-2012 sig from an old LBP fan forum. I would have been, like, 14 or so when i made it.

I already turned them off because some people were using pretty big images there that clogged the screen, lol.

Also it’s good to see you again @Raccoon!

If we do end up keeping signatures, there will definitely be a size limit enforced (and disabled on mobile). But like everything else, it's all subject to change.

If we do end up keeping signatures, there will definitely be a size limit enforced (and disabled on mobile). But like everything else, it's all subject to change.
They ideally should be limited to text only with no formatting.

I turned those off ever since the days where people would add every Apple device they owned to the signature as if to say “I’m this cool”

Hmm... I might brush up on my photoshop again if the signature feature stays for good.

No completely edgy userbars though!

I feel like the only time I enjoyed signatures was back on Nsider. May have been due to limits they had in place there.

I guess I'll need to figure something out for a sig.

I tried opting into them on mobile and it doesn't even show up, big bummer.

Also, removing signatures would be a massive mistake, imo.

Need to wait for the rules on signatures to be finalised before going all in.

ho6jhdd.jpg

I'll turn them back on if they're limited to small, gray text like OPs is.. but yeah, back off they go for now. Images are too much.

@Raccoon thanks to you figured I’d do a gag one… (not that I really pay attention since I’m on mobile anyways)

FYI you can see them on mobile if you have your phone in landscape view

There are internet personas I know from nearly 20 years ago and immediately identify with their signatures on VGF or IGN message boards. I decided to use a new username here for the first time in a long time and decided to honor the legacy of my old name in my signature.

My problem with signatures is the pressure to update them every day with a new terrible pun joke usually revolving around farm animals pre or post slaughter.

I know how to use photoshop by designing several thousand of signatures for gtagaming and gtaforums

Has FamiBoards defined any rules for this yet?
Make them text only or sig image size limits?

Best thing about them is the option to remove them. Can we also get that for avatars?
And user names?
Not a bad idea, keep a clean and simple message board.

Has FamiBoards defined any rules for this yet?
Make them text only or sig image size limits?

Not a bad idea, keep a clean and simple message board.
There are hard limits in place for size, number of characters, number of images, lines, etc. Right now I think staff is just trusting people not to go overboard, but if they try, the software will stop them.

Back
Top Bottom