• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion I need cleaning appliance recommendations

Dopply

Developer
Pronouns
He/Him
Time for the most boring thread on Famiibo... so my beloved Bissell Crosswave died (the infamous two red light error; means it's dead with no hope... yes, that includes repair, which I looked into) and I am so lucky that I happened to be exactly one week out of warranty (I gave them proof of purchase and everything, no dice).

I have vinyl wood floors and tile. I really do not want to get another Bissell product, I am pretty soured on them after this. Right now I'm back to just vacuuming and mopping the old fashioned way and that sucks (pun intended). Any recommendations?

What about Swiffer WetJet or even just a regular Swiffer with the wet pads? It's simple, easy, and effective, and it'll also last pretty much forever because it's all mechanical. And even if it does break, it's cheap to replace.

What about Swiffer WetJet or even just a regular Swiffer with the wet pads? It's simple, easy, and effective, and it'll also last pretty much forever because it's all mechanical. And even if it does break, it's cheap to replace.
Funny enough, I did end up buying one and using one in the course of making this thread. It doesn't do a bad job but it's nowhere near as clean as using an electric mop. I think this will be my solution (pun intended again) until some better product comes to market.

Speaking of, I really hate how every review of any cordless machine says 'yep, it's gonna break in like a year, but it's great until then!'. This is truly the realm of folks with more money to burn than I.

Speaking of, I really hate how every review of any cordless machine says 'yep, it's gonna break in like a year, but it's great until then!'. This is truly the realm of folks with more money to burn than I.
Funnily enough, that's actually what I like about Dyson: they have amazing customer service and replaced my broken cordless V10 (which I hadn't even registered) no muss, no fuss. They actually even had to replace it twice because they'd misdiagnosed the problem the first time.

I know there was that way old GAF thread where the vacuum guy said they aren't that great, but they're good enough, and they'll take care of you.

Back
Top Bottom