• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion I had a dream that the N64 controller was on sale again

fourfourfun

Moblin
Which is annoying on two fronts:

1) It isn't.
2) My subconscious wasted valuable dream time on something stunningly mundane.

Man, I want this back in stock. I am fine on Ocarina Of Time on NSO, but I'd like to have the actual experience.

Genuinely debating if I should sell my N64 controller, because whenever I decide to play an N64 game I always end up playing it in handheld instead. Feel guilty hoarding it, but it does look very pretty next to the TV.

I have a lot of fond childhood memories of the N64 and my time with it! ... The controller wasn't one of them.

The agony I felt on the palm of my hand after playing Mario Party 1 regulary and the disco stick mechanics which had a mind of its own after a few months of use would make it something more similar to a nightmare to me.
And WHY did it have 3 grips????

The gamecube controller though... Now that's delicious.

Wait... i just remembered I really liked 1 N64 controller I had, it was glacier blue in front and icy white on the back. These are colour schemes I miss a lot now!

Genuinely debating if I should sell my N64 controller, because whenever I decide to play an N64 game I always end up playing it in handheld instead. Feel guilty hoarding it, but it does look very pretty next to the TV.
I would most certainly buy it from you. Name your price

I have a lot of fond childhood memories of the N64 and my time with it! ... The controller wasn't one of them.

The agony I felt on the palm of my hand after playing Mario Party 1 regulary and the disco stick mechanics which had a mind of its own after a few months of use would make it something more similar to a nightmare to me.

The gamecube controller though... Now that's delicious.

Wait... i just remembered I really liked 1 N64 controller I had, it was glacier blue in front and icy white on the back. These are colour schemes I miss a lot now!
Because it has 3 configurations, one for 3D, one for 2D and one for random applications

I have that nso n64 controller

it's bad (in that it's an accurate and faithful n64 controller)

I rarely use it

no I will not sell it

I've been wanting one since i started playing Ocarina, I find the joy con way to sensitive when I'm aiming the bow and it's bugging me. I'm hoping the N64 one is a bit stiffer/more precise?

I'm more interested in the practical application of using it as a PC Controller rather than using it on the Switch app. Really.
I also went out of my way to collect the NES and SNES controller reprints (Not the Switch ones, the classic controller port versions they made for the mini consoles.) So... :cool:

eTLHxLV.gif

This is why.

I luckily have four really good condition N64 controllers, since I got the console towards the tail end of its life and didn't use them a whole lot as I got the Gamecube in its launch window and mostly moved on to that. Most of my N64 playing was done at friends' houses. I imagine this is useful for like, speedrunning or competitive Smash 64 given how hard they probably are to come by.

I'm more interested in the practical application of using it as a PC Controller rather than using it on the Switch app. Really.
I also went out of my way to collect the NES and SNES controller reprints (Not the Switch ones, the classic controller port versions they made for the mini consoles.) So... :cool:

eTLHxLV.gif

This is why.
The N64 controller is when I carried you.

I know supply chain is a mess, but we are going on almost six months without the N64 controller being available for purchase. It is really crazy.

My real question is regarding the quality, in my young days, I went through a lot of N64 that joystick was legendary for its issues....

So for those who purchased the controller, how is the quality? Does the stick holds up well?

My real question is regarding the quality, in my young days, I went through a lot of N64 that joystick was legendary for its issues....

So for those who purchased the controller, how is the quality? Does the stick holds up well?
It’s been discovered that the real issue is most of those sticks were under greased so there’s some that are good till this day. So since QC has improved it probably won’t be an issue

I actively ignore the NSO because of this lol That and they still haven't put wave race on it. But who wants to play Star fox 64 on a controller with only two prongs? Sounds awful. Might as well be a mad catz.

It’s been discovered that the real issue is most of those sticks were under greased so there’s some that are good till this day. So since QC has improved it probably won’t be an issue

It will be nice if an actual user could post impressions or updates on their N64 NSO controllers...

I used it to play Majora's Mask and it plays rather nice, it takes a little bit of getting used to the stick.
How long have you had the controller and does stick stills feels good?

Like I remember back in my days, the stick will loose its tight neutral position after a while...

Is this still an issue?

How long have you had the controller and does stick stills feels good?

Like I remember back in my days, the stick will loose its tight neutral position after a while...

Is this still an issue?
There is some mechanical changes and the stick is greased. So far it is good and the controller feels nice and the rumble feels similar to the original controller. The screenshot, home, and ZR are nice to use as well. I had it since day one.

There is some mechanical changes and the stick is greased. So far it is good and the controller feels nice and the rumble feels similar to the original controller. The screenshot, home, and ZR are nice to use as well. I had it since day one.
Ohh so thats what Mandos was saying with grease, thank you for sharing, ill be hunting for one.

I just bought a pair of snes controllers, and I just need N64 to complete my collection.

eTLHxLV.gif

This is why.
Exactly! Nintendo wanted to sell us a third arm, never did get past the prototype phase sadly.

My answer to this was getting a Tribute64 Wireless. It's close enough to have a valid N64 experience. The controller is a bit on the light side, buttons are smaller and the stick is rather chonky, but it's based on a N64 controller and it shows.
sigh
So you could choose an input method without one of them being secondary in the layout

It was the early days of console 3D gaming, everyone and their mother was looking for a solution to the issue of developing a controller that didn't make any input irrelevant. Even today, that solution still hasn't been met, the N64 is the closest we have.

I managed to play through Mario Golf since it really doesn't rely on the C buttons, but yea I need my controller back from my brother....

Took a bit of time but got
It’s available right now. Not sure I can justify spending $60 plus on this controller
Got Mario kart Uno with it myself so 2 bucks off shipping and a gift for the brother in law(he collects). Also got one of the key chain pairs

I take the current restock is US only? Still see it as sold out in the Spain Nintendo Store.

I hope your dream was US only. If i was awake while EU had stock, i will punch some boulders...

I am able to get to checkout with no issues. Just haven't pulled the trigger since I could get another year of this for the price and know that I would rather try to play these games in portable mode. Ridiculous that you have to pay shipping for this or buy more stuff to drop that off.

Success! Picked up some Kirby amiibos and Labo kits as well plus a Kirby bag so my platinum points didn’t just get used for themes.

Success! Picked up some Kirby amiibos and Labo kits as well plus a Kirby bag so my platinum points didn’t just get used for themes.
You get the extra sets for Labo VR? I got those back when the store opened up again thinking they might not restock those again. Now it appears they are sitting on lots of cardboard.

You get the extra sets for Labo VR? I got those back when the store opened up again thinking they might not restock those again. Now it appears they are sitting on lots of cardboard.
They used to have a ton of stuff but now they just have the fishing rod, motorbike and the accessories for kits 1 and 2. I do have another VR set but I got it a while back.

They used to have a ton of stuff but now they just have the fishing rod, motorbike and the accessories for kits 1 and 2. I do have another VR set but I got it a while back.
Glad I hopped on those elephant tusk and bird wing kit right away then lol.

Not over on the UK store sadly. I have a copy of Labo vehicle but the carboard got ruined in our old pokey house. I mistakenly thought I'd just pick up another copy of the set (which was £15 at the time) but its near impossible to find now.

If anybody sees these pop up for sale again, give me a poke.

Managed to snag one this time!

I don't need it right this moment, and with shipping and tax it was pricey - nearly the cost of a new game - but what if GoldenEye gets shadow dropped in the next Direct? 😯

Managed to snag one this time!

I don't need it right this moment, and with shipping and tax it was pricey - nearly the cost of a new game - but what if GoldenEye gets shadow dropped in the next Direct? 😯
Then everyone will get to take of the rose colored glasses and realize the control scheme is so terrible. This is a game where the right stick being the c buttons might actually help.

Back
Top Bottom