• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release I cannot wait for Metroid Dread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have very little knowledge with the Metroid sidescroller games, so I have to ask, Dread will differ from Samus Returns 3DS, right? I've only ever tried SUper Metroid and Samus Returns and I really disliked Samus Returns, but really enjoyed Super Metroid. So Im super unsure if Dread is for me.

I have very little knowledge with the Metroid sidescroller games, so I have to ask, Dread will differ from Samus Returns 3DS, right? I've only ever tried SUper Metroid and Samus Returns and I really disliked Samus Returns, but really enjoyed Super Metroid. So Im super unsure if Dread is for me.
Dread is being handled by the Samus Returns team (Mercury Steam), but they've made a bunch of gameplay tweaks that make Dread look way better than Samus Returns (and I DID like Samus Returns). For example, the melee counters from Samus Returns are actually integrated into the movement this time, so you don't have to stop moving to counter an enemy. In fact, Samus looks like she'll move more fluidly than ever before.

its been almost 20 years since the last original 2d metroid (fusion) thats pretty much 90% of my life ive been waiting for this game, hell yeah I'm ready
So excited for you!!! Though 20 years is a significantly smaller percentage of my life. *knees creak*

Last edited:
So is the ST gonna be titled "Metroid Thread"?

... get it... thread ..
Both Metroid Thread and The Chozon One were my babies, so it's only right that if one site uses one the other should use the other.

This game is really coming at the perfect time, as a sort of bridge between now and the onslaught of games coming to us next year. I’ve been unreasonably hyped for games without release dates (or even a title…) for like, a good majority of the year. Then as soon as Metroid Dread got shown, all my hype was moved over into it. And now it’s almost here already! And God, doesn’t every bit of it look beautiful and technically satisfying.

I’m debating ruining my sleep schedule to play this game as soon as it unlocks. But then again, I usually sleep 7-4 which isn’t that far off.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

QNHea3p.webp

The hype lives. I already have a nice corner of the house laid out for my playing pleasure. Also, I've heard that the game runs at 720p docked, but I'll have to see how it looks in person.

Are there any optional things? Or do you discover 95% of the map simply just by finishing the game?

Optional upgrades? Bosses?
I didn't read anything about optional bosses. One review said they finished in 12 hours with like 83% completion or so. And I believe they said they took time to explore but weren't being like a completionist about it.

Are there any optional things? Or do you discover 95% of the map simply just by finishing the game?

Optional upgrades? Bosses?
Nowhere near full completion by just finishing the game. A Metroid fan who got the game early and was posting online beat it in around 9 hours with like 39% completion lol

Nowhere near full completion by just finishing the game. A Metroid fan who got the game early and was posting online beat it in around 9 hours with like 39% completion lol
It’s possible to beat it then with low map completion, I wonder if there’s anything worth finding in that other 60% of the map, maybe alternate endings and stuff?

It’s possible to beat it then with low map completion, I wonder if there’s anything worth finding in that other 60% of the map, maybe alternate endings and stuff?
Seems fairly unlikely, most likely just missiles and energy tanks.

I think you'll unlock different bonus things, like different ending pictures and more Chozo memories (basically more pictures, but with lore) based on completion percent, however. But Metroid isn't really about having major content locked behind completion percentages

Seems fairly unlikely, most likely just missiles and energy tanks.

I think you'll unlock different bonus things, like different ending pictures and more Chozo memories (basically more pictures, but with lore) based on completion percent, however. But Metroid isn't really about having major content locked behind completion percentages
I like having all kinds of things to find off the main path, oh well still going to be good either way

Did anyone say what the average playtime was? If you went straight through with no deaths vs if you explore everything and die some?
Well the game is hard apparently so you are going to die lol.

But the in game clock doesn’t count deaths, and people have been getting around 10 hours just to beat it

Well the game is hard apparently so you are going to die lol.

But the in game clock doesn’t count deaths, and people have been getting around 10 hours just to beat it
Oh I think fusion did this? Like my save file would say 5 hrs, i would go to boss and it would kill me then when I started back at my save file it still said 5 hrs instead of 5 hrs 10 mins? Even though I just spent 10 mins on the boss

So people with 10 hrs playtime that died alot actual playtime might be more like 12-13 hrs

Last edited:
I'm slightly disappointed that my FedEx tracking shows a delivery date of Wednesday, but on the bright side I won't miss constantly refreshing my WalMart order page.

Silver linings yall.

Amazon still hasn't sent my copy :/ I think I could still get it by Friday easily, but I'm a bit worried. I would like go to downtown this friday and find a copy, but Amazon gave me a discount already 😅

Amazon UK seems to not be shipping this until the 12-13th..? Might have to pick it up in person tomorrow coz screw waiting until next week.

If there are any Spaniards in this thread: Spanish Mediamarkt is currently selling preorders for Dread for 46€ +2€ shipping (with a notebook!). Don't know if it'll last much but I doubt you'll find it cheaper at launch

16 years of waiting for Dread to arrive and we’re now 1 day away.

Need to dust off the ol’ Switch and make sure it’s charged for tomorrow.

SO HAPPY my pre-order from Target's buy-2-get-1 deal a few months ago (order along with WarioWare and Mario Party) has now actually shipped and says will arrive tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait!!

There is no way I would be getting Wario, Metroid, Mario Party, and Advance Wars this year if it wasn't for the B2G1 deal. Total life saver!

I just realized something.

We are not years away from release.
We are not months away from release.
We are not weeks away from release.
We are not days away from release.

WE ARE LITERALLY HOURS AWAY FROM RELEASE!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom