• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release I cannot wait for Metroid Dread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am waiting until Friday or Saturday to purchase in the off chance the special edition pops up. If it does not, than someone in the universe hates me. Is it me or have special editions been so hard to get? I had zero issue before the last couple of years. Have Samus Returns Special Edition. Even nabbed the Three Houses quite easily. Same with Xenoblade Definitive Edition and Link's Awakening. Has something changed?

Also exploding here. Best Buy is preparing my special edition already.

I won’t even get to play until Saturday night. 😭

I was waiting in such suspense for my Best Buy OLED preorder to process until I remembered they've been randomly taking money out of and putting money into my account since July lmfao

Apparantly my standard copy will be shipped with a mousepad as a pre order bonus.

Huh.

I'm wondering if the amiibos will pop up at Best Buy or Target on Friday. Might try to grab them if so.

It feels right that the first new Nintendo Game discussed in this Forum will be Metroid

Last edited:
I'm freaking out because I managed to snag an SE pre-order through WalMart but now we're only a few days out and I haven't been charged and there's been no update to the order status and I want to know whyyyyy

So explosion may very well be in the cards for me. Will keep yall updated.

Eh. I don’t really care about Metroid.
"Your Kevin360 is dead"

ios_large_1442176890_image.jpg

I can't play Dread until Sunday, but I've waited this long I can wait an extra 2 days. Maybe if I'm not too exhausted Saturday night after work hahaha yeah right. I have a feeling EMMIs are going to kick my ass regardless.

this is my first Metroid
I envy you bellydrum. i've been waiting 27 years for a mainline console metroid game. you think metroid hype is your ally. But you merely adopted the hype; I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the a new metroid game until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but OTHER M!

I envy you bellydrum. i've been waiting 27 years for a mainline console metroid game. you think metroid hype is your ally. But you merely adopted the hype; I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the a new metroid game until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but OTHER M!
this post escalated quickly

and it only increased my HYPE

and it only increased my HYPE
hype is good for you 😅 should be interesting playing it fresh to the series. hopefully its good enough to spur you into playing super/prime. super metroid is perfect.

i didnt love mercury steams previous metroid (or their castlevania games), or sakamoto's post-yokoi metroids (fusion and other m). but with all that being said, metroid dread is honestly looking to be the perfect storm, and everything is coming together. i'm here for it. so hyped.

oh i have a question, do we know if you pre order digitally does it unlock at midnight EST like some games do?

hype is good for you 😅 should be interesting playing it fresh to the series. hopefully its good enough to spur you into playing super/prime. super metroid is perfect.

i didnt love mercury steams previous metroid (or their castlevania games), or sakamoto's post-yokoi metroids (fusion and other m). but with all that being said, metroid dread is honestly looking to be the perfect storm, and everything is coming together. i'm here for it. so hyped.

oh i have a question, do we know if you pre order digitally does it unlock at midnight EST like some games do?
Nintendo games unlock at midnight eastern pretty consistently.

In less than 12 hours, Metroid reviews happen

And in about 2 days and 2 hours, Metroid happen

I always get worried about reviews for things I like. It's silly because I know the game will be great based on what I've read / seen, and reviews ultimately don't matter. I'm expecting at the very least for this game to score over Samus Returns, but probably not attain a 90.

I always get worried about reviews for things I like. It's silly because I know the game will be great based on what I've read / seen, and reviews ultimately don't matter. I'm expecting at the very least for this game to score over Samus Returns, but probably not attain a 90.

ef9.gif

All 10s

I meant to ask this before - do we know why Samus is so intimidating?

because power suits her

What's the scoop on Amiibo functionality? Wasn't able to preorder the new two pack, but was able to pre-order Ridley from Gamestop a few months ago, assuming it was being reprinted for a reason. Are any of the older Metroid amiibos useful?

First 2D Metroid on a Nintendo console since Super Metroid, I am unbelievably hyped

Unfortunately it looks like I may not be getting the Amiibos, since GameStop haven’t pre-auth’d me for those yet, but oh well.

I’ve got all the other Metroid-related ones since it’s my favorite Nintendo series. I’d be mildly disappointed to not get them.

I'm keeping my fingerscrossed that my copy will arrive by Friday.
Seems like a 50/50 chance of that happening. *sigh*

Is all of this for real? I'll only believe it once I hold that sweet SE in my hands, it's so close now!

I said in the Metascore thread that I'm expecting a low 80s but I'm so excited for this. I splurged on the special edition and the OLED just for you, Samus.

Gosh, reviews day. Hopefully Nintendo post my collector's edition today so it'll arrive on launch day, but honestly don't know if I'd start Dread without OLED.

This still feels a little unreal. Ah well, there's only thing to do...

METROID
\o/

I love that I am a virgin to the Metroid series , being a Nintendo console only gamer the last 20 years I'm excited to see where this takes me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom