• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release I cannot wait for Metroid Dread

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

I've waited so long for this.

Just imagine.. Metroid Dread with headphones.. hnnnggggg gimme!! 👌🏻😩🤌🏻

Even having played most of the Metroid games after the fact, it's still been more then 10 years since I last had a truly new one to play.

By this time next week, Metroid Dread will be unlocked.

My name is MissingNo. and I can't wait for Metroid Dread, either.

Insane that it’s a week away. I think I’m gonna double dip physical and digital

I'm buying it twice as well -- got the Limited Edition pre-ordered and am going to buy it digitally for convenience's sake. Yeah, I'm a sucker.

Nintendo finally took my damn money. Which means it's probably already preloaded on my switch.

Which makes the waiting that much worse!

I’m counting on Walmart’s $10 in-store discount, and I might get it digitally down the road.

I genuinely think Dread could be the first game to hit 90+ MC/OC this year. It's certainly possible, and I couldn't be more hyped.

I genuinely think Dread could be the first game to hit 90+ MC/OC this year. It's certainly possible, and I couldn't be more hyped.
I really want it to. Sounds lame but it’d be extremely validating as a Metroid fan. Feel like I’ve had to defend the series on ERA a lot lately lol

I really want it to. Sounds lame but it’d be extremely validating as a Metroid fan. Feel like I’ve had to defend the series on ERA a lot lately lol
I totally hear you. I personally think it'll hit like an 88-89 and be regarded by fans as one of the best entries, but it isn't 6K @ 60fps on Series X so apparently that makes it destined to fail lmao

I can already tell some reviewers will be turned off by EMMI and boss encounters. I thought the Diggernaut from Samus Returns had pretty obvious tells, but lots of people still struggled trying to figure out how to kill it.

I can already tell some reviewers will be turned off by EMMI and boss encounters. I thought the Diggernaut from Samus Returns had pretty obvious tells, but lots of people still struggled trying to figure out how to kill it.
Honestly I actually think the EMMI will be a major high point for most reviews (besides IGN, probably) based on previews

I was kinda mixed on the concept at first but after previews and thinking on it a bit it could end up being the "secret sauce" that pushes Dread from "great game" to "masterpiece" from a reviews standpoint.

This game is going to be a fucking blast to play.

I’m replaying SR and honestly Samus feels amazing to control

Throw in Dash Melee, Slide, Dash aeion. Return of the speed booster… Dread is probably going to be the best feeling Metroidvania of all time.

I’m so excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom