• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion How satisfied are you with your life currently?

Baphomet

Cappy
I’m very satisfied right now, no real big worries to stress over , my biggest problem right now is deciding what games to play with all the free time I have. I am glad my life is at a point where I never have to worry if I can pay my bills/rent.

I’m generally pretty happy. I have a good relationship with my family, lots of games to play, but no job and no drivers license. My only real marketable skill is accounting and I don’t really know where to start looking for work.

I am gonna try to get my license this summer though.

I'm okay. Decent job, great relationship, not a lot of money, and starting hrt soon.

Could be worse, could be better.

I literally dont do anything but be online and play videogames. It's not too exciting but it could be a lot worse I guess.

Honestly, no.

My job situation sucks, I've been trying to change careers but I've had no luck (the place I interviewed at last week suspended applications). My current job pays too little for too much bullshit and I just want to quit.

My dating life has been a disaster. I rarely meet many women in my day to day life and online dating is a desert of ghosting and disinterest.

I can't afford to live on my own and while my parents are great, living there has its own issues and I'd just like to have my own place at this point in life.

I have on again off again depression that saps my drive to do things. I have low confidence/poor self esteem (this I attribute to years of bullying in school).

I don't even feel like a fully functioning adult a lot of the time.

I have family and friends that mean a lot to me, a couple cats, interests in movies, tvs and video games that keep me engaged in even being alive.

I've got a couple cool things going on in June (a crawfish boil ive been looking forward to since the one last year, and a 6 day vacation to a music festival [haven't been to one of those in years] with one of my cousins).

But I just feel so burnt out on life, I'm not where I want to be and I just don't know to turn things around. I'm tearing up even typing this.

I have a good life. The only problem is that I can‘t make that clear to myself.

It's always a good question to ask yourself every now and again. I'll go point by point

Relationship: It's great on the whole, but even still I wish we did more together. We haven't gone away in a while, and it's tough for us to totally detach and be truly present with each other. But my wife is the best and I love her to death.

Work: Could be better, hopefully will be this time next year. I don't like my job but I got good enough at it that it's become my best way of making money, and if I play the cards correctly, I could make a lot and be secure without it taking over my life. That's the goal right now.

Social Life: Also could be better in that I could make more time to see them more, but I have a great group of friends that I feel the most secure with. I've known them all for 10+ years now and they're very strong friendships. I think the reason I don't is below.

Hobbies: Feels GOOD man. Video games are taking a bit of a backseat but I also find myself enjoying them a little more. Music has absolute resurged into my life and I love every second of it. I'm sorry it ever left.

Health: Honestly, terrible. I don't feel particularly great, I have pretty low motivation as it is to be active, I feel like there are a lot of underlying issues. I can't sleep to save my life, and I'm just so so so tired.

Not satisfied. Doing well by most people’s standards though.

My teenager self would be proud of where I am as I've accomplished more than he would have expected back then.

Most things are going steady, except for finding a house with this housing market and finding someone in the love department.

I felt like an overflowing trash bag just a few years ago, I went as far as receiving attention in psychiatric hospitals in two occasions.

Maybe the struggles of adulthood finally hit me and made me realize I had to put myself together or else I wouldn't eat but I've been doing very fine for the last couple of years. Good health, good job, I have financial stability, good family relations and not too many with strangers but it doesn't bother me like in my teens anymore.

I previously struggled a lot with interests, but things have been improving, I have pursued bird watching with some friends, I learnt carpentry and established my workshop, I became a display enthusiast and began selling whatever I could find, got into coffee making due to work obligations but now I enjoy it and routinely go to beach cleaning community events. Another thing that I'm enjoying is that money is coming in decent amounts, I finally can afford almost whatever I want (well, still not a house xp) and that just feels great.

Honestly, I feel quite good.

There's one thing I am not satisfied with, and sometimes that brings me down hard. But when my mind is clear, I am aware that overall I am doing pretty well and shouldn't grumble too much.

Last edited:
I´m very happy, i'm getting married in 2 days, so kind nervous but ok.

I guess i would like to spend less money, the more i earn the more i spend and i need to control that (Childhood traumas you see) but otherwise, pretty stable and satisfied.

Unfortunately things are not well on multiple fronts, and that's putting it mildly. Thinking about all that needs changing can be overwhelming sometimes.

Not too well, currently.

But I'm getting services and help to help make it better.

Right now, as some of you know, I've been having problems with medication and I'm waiting till the beginning of June to help with that.

I just found out that I'm autistic, btw, along with other things.

Currently looking at how to go forward. :)

If I had a job I liked and paid well I would be much much happier
But that’s probably true of most people I guess

I was extremely stressed because a package I delivered to my (hopefully) prospective university in Japan got lost for a while, until the tracker website finally updated after almost two weeks without updates.

I already got the scholarship awarded, but I won't know until July if I have been formally accepted. If everything goes well I will move to Japan this October.

Setting aside the huge change in my life that's gonna happen, probably the most mundane thing that I'm the most excited about is to finally visit Super Nintendo World.

I guess i would like to spend less money, the more i earn the more i spend and i need to control that (Childhood traumas you see) but otherwise, pretty stable and satisfied.
Oh congratulations!!!

Yeah it’s pretty great!

I have an excellent relationship with my wife and three kids, and everyone is healthy and happy. That’s the biggest thing.

My work is kinda boring, but it’s also easy and pays (just) enough to pay the bills. I’ve kind of accepted I won’t have a super fulfilling career at this point or ever be particularly wealthy, and I’m okay with it.

I’ve got healthy this year and lost over 50lbs, look great and feel great for the first time in a long time. Biggest change for me this year for sure and it’s brought my overall life score up.

And playing Zelda which might be my new favorite game.

I hope it was a great day! Congratulations!

I’m so overwhelmed and tired I kind of want out
Hey, just want to say back on era you were always one of the more enjoyable people to interact with (we were both veterans of the never ending Xenoblade 2 discourse if I recall), and I was really glad you made the pilgrimage here and on Install Base. Hope things get better for you soon.

Hey, just want to say back on era you were always one of the more enjoyable people to interact with (we were both veterans of the never ending Xenoblade 2 discourse if I recall), and I was really glad you made the pilgrimage here and on Install Base. Hope things get better for you soon.
Thank you very much, that means a lot

I have a good job and a good life, but I'm feeling burnt out after a lot of crap at my previous job last year. I also still haven't fully gotten over a breakup I had in February, and get increasingly frustrated with the area I live in because of the extreme COL and income inequality.

Still, a good job, good hobbies, supportive family and loved ones is more than most can ask for.

TotK/10

Seriously. I'd say that on the whole right now, my life is a bit of a struggle, but that game has made such a significant improvement for me lately. I keep thinking about it, and every time I do, I get this happy feeling inside me that I find immeasurably comforting and encouraging. I can safely say that, right here and now, I am happy.

I know life isn't all games, but it's still essential to me. Being a game dev and all, and having friendships born and thriving through games, I've dedicated my life to this stuff.

My depression was at an all time high, and then my grandfather whom I'm close with, had a stroke and fell, and likely will pass away in the near, if not immediate future. So my life kinda sucks ass right now

As of me, my long distance boyfriend of 3 and a half years, with whom I was already engaged, broke up with me over the phone, on a random Friday while I was commuting to work, and just four months before I was finally able to move abroad to be with him.

I was still going to move to Japan regardless because of career and study opportunities, but still, I genuinely feel like shit. He had the gall to blame me for not putting enough effort in the relationship while he was on his ass waiting for me to arrive.

Sorry for the rant but I'm genuinely heartbroken and hurt.

Life is great at the moment, but I cannot afford to simply accept it for what it is and therefore must continue to worry.

Life is good, no more renting, partner is happy, see my family more often, job is relatively breezy. Cons: Not making much career progress, money getting real tight. 7.5/10, itsgotalittlesomethingforeveryone.

Work: No complaints. Currently interning at a company that will make me a full-time employee starting in September. Not entirely sure if I'll stay there forever but after dropping out of uni and two years of first doing nothing due to Covid and then just doing menial jobs having a perspective is great.

Relationships: Ugh. Idk. I kind of want people to hang out with but I also don't. Being a somewhat anxious introvert is a curse when you start feeling lonely. Not even thinking about finding a partner - I'm way too nervous to even start thinking about that.

Housing: Currently looking for a new place. It likely won't be forever, again. I'll miss my city but the commute I have right now just feels bloody draining and that's coming from someone who LIKES transit. Current place sucks too, so that's an upside.

Health: Er. Not good. I've been hit with random spells of tiredness lately and I suspect the heat has something to do with it, but my weight being up again from pre-lockdown levels (partly due to not getting out, partly probably as a result of stress-eating due to some personal and family issues last year). I'm going to see my GP tomorrow and I hope they'll find what's wrong with me...

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I'm quite satisfied with my life on the whole. I've reached most of my life goals, and I have more resources than I seem to need. I can pretty much do everything that I want to do. All that said, I get periods that just don't feel right.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Work: No complaints. Currently interning at a company that will make me a full-time employee starting in September. Not entirely sure if I'll stay there forever but after dropping out of uni and two years of first doing nothing due to Covid and then just doing menial jobs having a perspective is great.

Relationships: Ugh. Idk. I kind of want people to hang out with but I also don't. Being a somewhat anxious introvert is a curse when you start feeling lonely. Not even thinking about finding a partner - I'm way too nervous to even start thinking about that.

Housing: Currently looking for a new place. It likely won't be forever, again. I'll miss my city but the commute I have right now just feels bloody draining and that's coming from someone who LIKES transit. Current place sucks too, so that's an upside.

Health: Er. Not good. I've been hit with random spells of tiredness lately and I suspect the heat has something to do with it, but my weight being up again from pre-lockdown levels (partly due to not getting out, partly probably as a result of stress-eating due to some personal and family issues last year). I'm going to see my GP tomorrow and I hope they'll find what's wrong with me...

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Well, things are looking up a bit.

Got the results from my blood test back and it seems I may just have vitamin deficiencies - not that I'm not intending to tackle the weight issue down the line, but not having to deal with stuff worse than that is elating.

Also I have found a new flat. Going to sign the lease on Saturday, but I can't move in until the beginning of September. Works out in some ways, but the moving date coincides with a weekend and some other stuff I need to do by then so I need to find a way to organize this.

Back
Top Bottom