• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club How often do you check who Yeah!'d a post?

How often?

• Nearly always

• Most of the time

• Every now and then

• Rarely, depends on context

• Pretty much never

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aurc

Trust The Process
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
As I'm sure all of us are aware, Yeah! counts are visible while casually scrolling through posts, but you actually have to click the number itself if you wanna see specifically who Yeah!'d a post.

So, how often do you check, and why?

I'm a curious dude, so I basically do it in cases where a controversial opinion has been expressed, or it's a post with some massive Yeah! count (12 or higher). It's just fun to see who shows up in the list, I guess! Prior to Fami, I was never a member of any forum with a "rep" or reaction system, so this is totally new stuff to me.

(Shout-out to all yeag girls, Korok goons, and Chao sweeties, btw!)

I do look at who's Yeah'd my posts, just because it's nice of other users to do so, and I don't want to ignore them.

I might note that other posts have Yeahs, but I don't generally check who's Yeah'd something (unless its a post I think is pretty abhorrent) as that's more for the poster and the people Yeah'ing them.

Used to check back in the day when I was minmaxing my main account but I’ve since retired from competitive famiposting.

Usually only when someone’s posted something awful and short and people are cheering it on, so I can see who also thinks the same but isn’t bold enough to put it in writing. That’s been a longrunning complaint around yeahs for me even though I’ve come around to the idea that the general community positivity of it in the vast amount more lighthearted threads outweighs that. I think when we turned them off for serious threads it was a fair compromise.

I like the system and always check my notifications - then I see someone has quoted me instead, and think fuck, is someone going to challenge me now?!

I also like it as a shortcut of agreement or appreciation. In some of the more involved conversations I've had around Xeno I'll 'Yeah' big, beefy posts even if I don't agree with them, because I respect that they've gone to a lot of effort to add something to the conversation.

I don’t know about Yeah!s anymore Aurc, this is the age of the Yahaha!s.

Any post that interests me I always check the Yeah!s on. It’s fun to see who liked a post in what time and order. It’s also cool too to see who Yeah!s the same posts you do so you know who generally likes similar stuff as you. Makes the community seem more personal.

Never.

In fact I wish it was a option to remove it from my posts

I like the system and always check my notifications - then I see someone has quoted me instead, and think fuck, is someone going to challenge me now?!

I also like it as a shortcut of agreement or appreciation. In some of the more involved conversations I've had around Xeno I'll 'Yeah' big, beefy posts even if I don't agree with them, because I respect that they've gone to a lot of effort to add something to the conversation.
Omg... you're like me! Yeah, I also feel quotes can occasionally induce minor anxiety. (Sorry for this one!) Sometimes, I'm just not looking to be a debate bro in the marketplace of ideas (speaking on any social media platform, not just Fami). Other times, I do find it engaging to discuss something in-depth, even if the exchange proves a bit combative. Really depends on the day, I guess.

I'd say I hand out Yeah!s like candy, since there are often some really good posts on here, and I appreciate everyone's contributions. Long, well-reasoned posts get Yeah!s from me, as do amusing shitposts, and lots of stuff in-between.
I don’t know about Yeah!s anymore Aurc, this is the age of the Yahaha!s.

Any post that interests me I always check the Yeah!s on. It’s fun to see who liked a post in what time and order. It’s also cool too to see who Yeah!s the same posts you do so you know who generally likes similar stuff as you. Makes the community seem more personal.
The Tears of the Kingdom theme is beautiful for sure, and I love the Korok sound, but I can't seem to do light themes anymore! 🥲 I've been spoiled by everything having a dark theme now, Fami included. Eight years from now, if Famiboards is still around when Metroid Prime 4 releases, I'll ask staff for it to be a dark theme. It'd surely have to be, right? Wonder what the Yeah! substitution would be. Maybe Chozo language letters could be used, though that may be challenging to implement.

And yup, I agree. I like recognizing folks in the Yeah!s. It just makes everything feel more lively and personal, and your point about knowing who's into the same stuff you are is a solid one.

The Tears of the Kingdom theme is beautiful for sure, and I love the Korok sound, but I can't seem to do light themes anymore! 🥲 I've been spoiled by everything having a dark theme now, Fami included. Eight years from now, if Famiboards is still around when Metroid Prime 4 releases, I'll ask staff for it to be a dark theme. It'd surely have to be, right? Wonder what the Yeah! substitution would be. Maybe Chozo language letters could be used, though that may be challenging to implement.

And yup, I agree. I like recognizing folks in the Yeah!s. It just makes everything feel more lively and personal, and your point about knowing who's into the same stuff you are is a solid one.
I’m always a light mode user if it’s an option so this Zelda theme worked out for me, but yeah Prime 4 has to get a dark theme (unless it is a weirdly sunny game lol). This is the year for Metroid Prime 4 Aurc. We’ll at least see it! Trust the process! If Raccoon’s Nintendo Direct thread isn’t all in on Prime 4, the only Nintendo game without a date, I’m making a Prime 4 poll thread lol.

Yeah this post and I'll check it
mad-max-fury-road.gif

Whoa. I just realized while checking the Yeah!s, but some of you have an impressive post count too. Makes my 1.6k feel shameful. Competitive Famiposting indeed...

Whoa. I just realized while checking the Yeah!s, but some of you have an impressive post count too. Makes my 1.6k feel shameful. Competitive Famiposting indeed...
Yeah I‘ve long given up that with my 1500 like 10 times rewritten before (and after) posted posts. I‘m happy if I get to 2000 this year.

I didn't know I could see who yeah's other posts.

But you can be certain I keep tabs on who yeah's my stuff, and doubly so those who don't!

I didn't even know you could see who had yeah'd your posts outside of the notification, huh

Omg... you're like me! Yeah, I also feel quotes can occasionally induce minor anxiety. (Sorry for this one!)
This almost gave me a heart attack!

I tend to be really passionate about stuff… but I slowly lose the energy to debate online. lol

Do you ever post something really strong, but also hope no one quotes you? I do. :p

I almost like to shout my opinion and run away.

Sometimes, if it's a post that I want to see who reacted but most of the times I just stuck with notifications.

Speaking of yeahs, I have over 19k but only given 13k, I need to do better and smash that yeah button (koroks will help me with this). Yahaha!

I do check, specially because I want to keep the people who liked my posts in mind for future forum altercations and aggrievances.

So instead of telling a user something like : "Shut the fuck up motherfucker, you want a fist fight? I challenge you let's get on!!" i could smooth my reply to something more akin to: " I believe we all need to take a step back and re-think our comments, I kindly invite you to a have a coffee and discuss in a civil manner" .

Occasionally, sometimes to see who agrees with a spicy take. Probably 40-50% of the time.

I am anxious to post almost every time I do so, so I always check my own to see if whoever I was talking with received it positively, and generally just like to receive confirmation that I didn't make a fool of myself on the internet.

I will check other posts if there is a juicy argument or something just to track the vibes.

So, how often do you check, and why?
Never on purpose. 99.9% of browsing Famiboards is on my phone. I only see who Yeah!’d a post when I’m trying to tap “Yeah!” but accidentally tap the number next to it. Almost the same for people’s profiles. I’m just scrolling and I sometimes snag a username. 🤷‍♀️

A thousand apologies for the quote.

It's not about Yeahs, it's about making friends, seizing the future for everybody and bring world peace.

Yeah if you agree.

I mostly check who Yeah!'d something if the post intrinsically exudes just such a manner of essence which draws curiosity. It must call eerily in the deepest and most ancient of voices, tugging at a yearning that should not be possible. Truly, it would be exhausting to constantly and obsessively investigate the Yeah! statistics, just as it is unnerving when a post puts forth these preternatural demands.

It is, perhaps, these eldritch calls that have kept me away from here for some time. The effects are as yet unstudied, and one must make certain to keep a clear head.

The algorithm demands to be fed with engagement, so make sure to subscribe, comment, and smash that Yeah! button if you like this content and would like to see more deep insights from me, your resident Supreme Overlord.

Omg... you're like me! Yeah, I also feel quotes can occasionally induce minor anxiety. (Sorry for this one!) Sometimes, I'm just not looking to be a debate bro in the marketplace of ideas (speaking on any social media platform, not just Fami). Other times, I do find it engaging to discuss something in-depth, even if the exchange proves a bit combative. Really depends on the day, I guess.

Another benefit of Yeah!s is that seeing whoever quoted your post also Yeah!d it should help alleviate that momentary spike in anxiety. It can add a boost of dopamine instead before you've seen the post in question. I have Yeah!d your posts just now so you know you have nothing to fear.

Beyond that, I have nothing against just quotes. It means someone found something worth engaging with. Maybe it's not going to be confrontational, and maybe it is. Maybe someone is simply adding to a point, or maybe contending with it. Maybe someone takes issue with a post of mine and I realize they have a point, or maybe I'm sure their point isn't nearly so strong as they think. Maybe it results only in a deep-seated seed of enmity which can only grow to be thorns tearing into one's flesh.

But that might be becoming a digression.

There's certainly this, as sometimes there isn't really anything you might want to add, and you don't want to post "Yeah! This!", so the simple Yeah! does the trick. However, the actual meaning of that Yeah! might not always be known, so it's a bit ambiguous.

The trick is to not quote multiple people in one post.

and to shitpost. a lot.

Don't question the when, the how, and the why of my quoting different people in one post and separating others off into a different one; there's probably a very loosely-defined method to this madness.

Back
Top Bottom