• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion How many units will Metroid Dread sell in its lifetime?

How many units will Metroid Dread sell in its lifetime?

• <1 million

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-2 million

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • 2-3 million

Votes: 26 17.8%
  • 3-4 million

Votes: 47 32.2%
  • 4-5 million

Votes: 43 29.5%
  • 5-6 million

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • >6 million

Votes: 10 6.8%

• Total voters
It's actually kind of scary, because if it doesn't do well then Nintendo has every right to just stop making these types of games. It has nothing going against it.
I mean Kirby games keep getting made. We may just not see another 3D entry if Prime does not sell well? And they will have to budget accoirdingly for 2D Metroid games. Not sure what budget Kirrby games have, but they are nice looking games. Robobot and Star Allies looked lovely IMO.

I personally think it is going to be 3-4 million, namely because of Nintendo's marketing push. This is the perfect storm for the game to do well, new version of a console, successful core fan base, & marketing.

I'd be ecstatic if it hits 3 million+. That would be enough to secure another decade of metroid development, I imagine

I'd be ecstatic if it hits 3 million+. That would be enough to secure another decade of metroid development, I imagine
I mean, Sakamoto basically implied the sequel to Dread is ready to go (new arc, etc), Prime 4 isn't out yet and likely will be successful, and Metroid games don't release that often. We'll get another decade whether it does 2 or 3M.

4.5 million, the game faces 2 big challenges.

1: there is not a lot of interest in Japan.
2: It's not a family friendly game like 2D Mario

Back
Top Bottom