• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler How does this image make you feel [TotK spoilers out of context]

D

Deleted member 2

FB90F803-0DEC-4F21-BAC7-85C2E4C0B9F2.jpeg

1DEB03DB-4B28-45D9-81ED-2FA0563FE835.jpeg

Tbh it was extremely obvious well before that.

The image now is much more associated with the counterpart in the depths for me personally.
It being obvious didn't have a negative effect on the scene for me
"Protect them all!"

And all the Silent Princess flowers after the scene.
So good

It being obvious didn't have a negative effect on the scene for me
"Protect them all!"

And all the Silent Princess flowers after the scene.
So good
It unfortunately really did for me. Somehow, despite having all the feels for Zelda and her situation in BOTW, in this game I've felt very little. Makes me wonder if it would've hit a lot harder if I somehow skipped that one memory that gave it away

It was an awesome set piece (for me anyway) in BotW having to navigate around while its raining and your dodging enemy fire to finally get to the shrine, in TotK I was doing a Korok mini quest and found a rollercart and fan and just combined them to deliver the korok, I noticed in the distance this shrine and just zoomed past everything to get to the center.

Can someone explain? I went there already and have no idea what this thread is referencing.
If you visit all the geoglyphs and collect all those memories, you're going to get a final memory that is located there. What people are talking about here is the content of that memory.

It unfortunately really did for me. Somehow, despite having all the feels for Zelda and her situation in BOTW, in this game I've felt very little. Makes me wonder if it would've hit a lot harder if I somehow skipped that one memory that gave it away

Would you mind sharing what gave it away for you? I haven't beaten the game yet but I've seen what I assume everyone is talking about and didn't see it coming. I'm wondering if I was just being dense or if I've missed something that would have tipped off what was happening. Something I should maybe say...

I did all of the geoglyph quests pretty early in the game, I think after addressing only one regional disturbance. So I think I saw this memory earlier than many might have, even if I realized in hindsight there was some foreshadowing.

Would you mind sharing what gave it away for you? I haven't beaten the game yet but I've seen what I assume everyone is talking about and yet I didn't see it coming. I'm wondering if I was just being dense or if I've missed something that would have tipped off what was happening. Something I should maybe say...

I did all of the geoglyph quests pretty early in the game, I think after addressing only one regional disturbance. So I think I saw this memory earlier than many might have, even if I realized in hindsight there was some foreshadowing.
The third memory, with Mineru casually describing draconification for no real reason, gave it away to a lot of people

The third memory, with Mineru casually describing draconification for no real reason, gave it away to a lot of people
Okay, yeah, I was being very dense then. I was like, "Huh, what a random lore detail from the first game to drop." Maybe I would have figured it out had I paid attention to the dragons in this game. I hadn't noticed that a Light Dragon even existed until that moment, which I imagine is what I would have needed to connect some dots.

that plus remembering the dragon circling the great sky island at the beginning of the game gave it away for me

Okay, yep, I was dense. I didn't look at it up close and just assumed that was Farosh or maybe Naydra. In retrospect, I thought "Oh, that was clever foreshadowing." I guess I was the ideal player for Nintendo.

that plus remembering the dragon circling the great sky island at the beginning of the game gave it away for me
And the fact is was the 'light dragon' (very Zelda attribute) which seemingly didn't exist before now, combined with the fact that the memories are called "Dragon's Tears" which otherwise have absolutely nothing to do with dragons, and they're Zelda's memories. So all those things combined is a lot of hints.

And the fact is was the 'light dragon' (very Zelda attribute) which seemingly didn't exist before now, combined with the fact that the memories are called "Dragon's Tears" which otherwise have absolutely nothing to do with dragons, and they're Zelda's memories. So all those things combined is a lot of hints.
One more:

the champions tunic needing light dragon scales for upgrades

Beautiful cutscene. Among the best of the game.

And the ending with the same music of the E3 2021 teaser at the end.

Man I'm so glad some people here aren't writers because being obvious is not a negative in storytelling it's all about the execution
I don't know about that, being too obvious kind of is a negative, at least it is to me. I found the execution here to be far too blunt, like they didn't trust their audience enough to make it less explicit. So while the scene itself is still well-done, it just didn't really land for me. All the air was taken out of it when it played out exactly as I knew it would.

Man I'm so glad some people here aren't writers because being obvious is not a negative in storytelling it's all about the execution
It wasn't necessarily a negative for me, it just made it less memorable than it would've been if I hadn't figured it out already.

I don't know about that, being too obvious kind of is a negative, at least it is to me. I found the execution here to be far too blunt, like they didn't trust their audience enough to make it less explicit. So while the scene itself is still well-done, it just didn't really land for me. All the air was taken out of it when it played out exactly as I knew it would.
taking a screenwriting class and like I said, glad some of you aren't writers

taking a screenwriting class and like I said, glad some of you aren't writers
didn't mean to sound mean with this comment but one thing they drill into you is to know the audience your writing for and it says 10+ on the box, I think the game did just enough hinting for older audiences but still leave younger players suprised

didn't mean to sound mean with this comment but one thing they drill into you is to know the audience your writing for and it says 10+ on the box, I think the game did just enough hinting for older audiences but still leave younger players suprised
I'm not at all complaining that they made it something some of us could guess pretty easily, I'm just saying because of that this moment didn't exactly land as hard as it probably could have. That's not a bad thing, it just is how it is.

That's fair, I was writing a response to that but you're probably right, and I didn't mean to say that everything needs to be written a certain way - this isn't, say, 13 Sentinels or for that kind of audience. Even if maybe I'd prefer that personally :p.
I'm not at all complaining that they made it something some of us could guess pretty easily, I'm just saying because of that this moment didn't exactly land as hard as it probably could have. That's not a bad thing, it just is how it is.
Yeah, this is more what I meant, I probably came across more negative than I meant to. It's still a great scene.

All this talk about it being too obvious going way over my head because I spoiled myself on it three weeks ago 😭 still the one thing I wish I didn’t see from the leaks

The third memory could have been written much better, that was too much foreshadowing. Everything else was great foreshadowing.

I recommended to my friend to watch the tears in order and skip the third memory altogether. He didn't want to do it at first but was thankful after having experienced the story that way.

As heavy-handed as the foreshadowing was, it still landed completely for me.

Seeing Zelda figure out why she is in the past and making that decision to sacrifice herself for Hyrule was more impactful to me than figuring out some sort of twist. They could have toned it down, specifically Memory 3, but it's still incredibly easy to figure out for the player, I doubt it would have come as much of a surprise either way. What actually hurts the reveal is seeing the memories play out of order. I'm glad I knew about the Master Sword geoglyph being the last one.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I should consider myself lucky or unlucky -
I saw Memory #3 quite early on, but I didn't connect it with Zelda and the Light Dragon. However, the Master Sword was probably the third or fourth memory I saw, and at that point, I already had a suspicion that Zelda ultimately chose to transform herself into a dragon.

But the bigger blow came from my friend: despite me explicitly stating, "I don't want to know any details about the Master Sword," they chose to say, "Oh? But what's the secret behind the sword being on the Light Dragon's head?" That completely confirmed my guess... To make matters worse, another friend bombarded me with messages two days later, saying, "I found the Light Dragon, why is the Master Sword here?" "Could it be that Zelda turned into the dragon?" "F**k, it's true."

Oddly enough, I am grateful that I had already seen the memory of the Master Sword. At least I managed to figure it out on my own, which was much better than being completely clueless and having it spoiled for me. I tried to continue playing the game at my own pace, but I prioritized finding the dragon tears. Then I finally watched the last memory, crying like a child who had lost their most beloved toy.

It was a mix of anticipation that couldn't be spoiled and a genuine emotional impact. I have to say, the performance was outstanding, capable of making you cry your heart out even when you already know the outcome.

As someone who still hasn't gone past the tutorial yet but decided to click on this topic anyways because I don't really care about spoilers, it doesn't make me feel much of anything.

Tbh it was extremely obvious well before that.

The image now is much more associated with the counterpart in the depths for me personally.
Just as I’ve finished the game and am unlikely to return for a while, what is beneath it in the depths? I didn’t 100% the map down there so am curious what I missed (Please put in spoilers).

To be fair I think ‘cool things you may have missed in ToTK’ could be a huge topic later this year :)

Just as I’ve finished the game and am unlikely to return for a while, what is beneath it in the depths? I didn’t 100% the map down there so am curious what I missed (Please put in spoilers).

To be fair I think ‘cool things you may have missed in ToTK’ could be a huge topic later this year :)
so you know I'm sure that the depths mirror the surface and there are impassable walls wherever there's a body of water on the surface.

I was wandering around in that area west of the spiral and noticed I had an x on my map nearby, so I started heading over to investigate. However I kept running into walls, so I decided to look at my surface map and realized the x was in the center of the spiral and I was outside. So I trekked to the entrance and there was a cool mine entrance there, then a sequence where you need to go all around the spiral kinda reminiscent of the shrine quest from BOTW. It was memorable for me because I nearly ran out of arrows and at the end you wind up in a room chock full of little frox, and dealing with that mostly in the dark was semi annoying but also kinda cool.

Anyway the chest in the center contains an armor piece, I think it may have been Zant's helm?

I have not beaten the game but now that I know what this is about, easily one of the best sequences in the game

it helped that I wasn’t paying full attention during some of the memories, and for some reason thought Rauru was the one considering “the procedure”

it felt like a bold choice in an underbaked story, and could have used less foreshadowing for more impact, but…

finishing the memories pretty early, then having a very intense look at another memory being dropped, scrambling to get it, and then scrambling to catch up right as a chunk fell from the sky…

I also didn’t know you could walk on dragons yet

and then I didn’t have enough stamina for what happened there, but I almost did

getting flung off after that really drove it all home

so it was truly an incredible sequence for me

I'm not sure if I should consider myself lucky or unlucky -
I saw Memory #3 quite early on, but I didn't connect it with Zelda and the Light Dragon. However, the Master Sword was probably the third or fourth memory I saw, and at that point, I already had a suspicion that Zelda ultimately chose to transform herself into a dragon.

But the bigger blow came from my friend: despite me explicitly stating, "I don't want to know any details about the Master Sword," they chose to say, "Oh? But what's the secret behind the sword being on the Light Dragon's head?" That completely confirmed my guess... To make matters worse, another friend bombarded me with messages two days later, saying, "I found the Light Dragon, why is the Master Sword here?" "Could it be that Zelda turned into the dragon?" "F**k, it's true."

Oddly enough, I am grateful that I had already seen the memory of the Master Sword. At least I managed to figure it out on my own, which was much better than being completely clueless and having it spoiled for me. I tried to continue playing the game at my own pace, but I prioritized finding the dragon tears. Then I finally watched the last memory, crying like a child who had lost their most beloved toy.

It was a mix of anticipation that couldn't be spoiled and a genuine emotional impact. I have to say, the performance was outstanding, capable of making you cry your heart out even when you already know the outcome.
Your friends are assholes
As someone who still hasn't gone past the tutorial yet but decided to click on this topic anyways because I don't really care about spoilers, it doesn't make me feel much of anything.
Lol it's almost like reading plot summaries doesn't replace the emotional impact of seeing a story play out, who knew?!

Back
Top Bottom