• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club how come there’s no fighting Eevee evolution?

Derachi

Fresh Eater
Founder
Pronouns
he/him
like legit???

Fighting is, objectively, the best type, so how come I can’t get an Eevee to evolve into a fighting type? Could be called Karateon and he could have a little headband and karate gi. Boxing gloves maybe or somethin

The existing trend with Eevee evolutions is that they are all one of the "Special Attack" types (whether a move was physical or special was determined by type, up until the physical/special split in Gen 4).

The one that bucks this trend is Sylveon, but Fairy also didn't exist back then, and likely would have been "Special".

The one missing Special type that doesn't have an Eevee is Dragon.

All that said, I'd love to eventually see an Eevee evolution for each type one day. I don't think they want to just create them willy nilly, because with Eevee and its evolutions being some of the most popular Pokemon, it's a very high bar to meet, and they don't want to tarnish the line with a stinker.

They've gotta wrap up all the special types first, there's still dragon left. Guess we'll see that before the physical types.
They should, really, just do every type! Eevee evolutions are by far the most marketable Pokemon, so they should simply cover all their type bases so I can buy a plush of a beefed-up karate dog named Karateon

They should, really, just do every type! Eevee evolutions are by far the most marketable Pokemon, so they should simply cover all their type bases so I can buy a plush of a beefed-up karate dog named Karateon
Karateon is a great name lol.

I think another reason they're slow rolling the Eevee evolutions is because once they're done, they now have 19 Pokemon that will need to make every regional Pokedex lol.

I think another reason they're slow rolling the Eevee evolutions is because once they're done, they now have 19 Pokemon that will need to make every regional Pokedex lol.
You’re right, and I’m not trying to trivialize the actually extremely difficult task of creating like a dozen new Pokemon that are as expertly and perfectly designed and crafted like the rest of the Eevee evolutions, AND including all of them in every single game because, let’s be real, you gotta have Eevee in every one. That’s absolutely a legit reason to not just pump ‘em out willy nilly.

but also

gimme da karate dog!

They've gotta wrap up all the special types first, there's still dragon left. Guess we'll see that before the physical types.

There are no special or physical types

runs away

but yeah, it seems like all of the types that would have been special pre-gen 4 are being focused on [/SPOILER]

Eevee
Flareon
Vaporeon
Leafeon
Jolteon
Glaceon
Karateon
Toxineon
Terreon
Aireon
Espeon
Thoraxeon
Spireon
Umbreon
Drakeon
Chromeon
Sylveon

This is a good point and probably why gen 8 didn't have an Eeveelution despite them being in every even numbered gen.

Though Eevee being a guarantee in the Pokedex wasn't a thing until Platinum, RSE and DP dexes didn't have them (or ORAS). I guess they decided over the years Eevee would be one of their main mascots (it appears in BW2 when even Pikachu doesn't!). Which is nice since Eeveelutions are often good choices to round out a team when you're missing a type.

Either way, I think we'll see another Eeveelution eventually, but maybe they haven't been inspired to make one yet.

Patreon

Steel types, Ability Coin Armor. Rival of Gholdengo.

the galaxy brain option would be to just give the base Eevee a headband, with the only change being that they now walk on two legs. 🤔

something like this, basically. thank you youtube for somehow having the exact video i wanted.

Eevee gets a Fighting type evolution

But monkey’s paw, it stands up on two legs

(To the delight of a certain subsection of Eevee fans)

like legit???

Fighting is, objectively, the best type, so how come I can’t get an Eevee to evolve into a fighting type? Could be called Karateon and he could have a little headband and karate gi. Boxing gloves maybe or somethin
Wouldn't it be called CHAMPeon?

Karateon is solid too.

Back
Top Bottom