• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion How "all in" will you be with Switch 2...?

Jerm411

Goomba stan
Pronouns
He/Him
That's probably the wrong way of asking the question I have but I'll explain...

The Switch has always been viewed as a complimentary console to PS5, XBox Series, PCs, etc. Very rarely do you see it as someone's main console or only console if that makes sense.

I had toyed with the idea a few different times just because Nintendo's first party is far and away my favorite, the time I can spend on gaming and the handheld option of the Switch being a lifesaver, indies, not really missing much on the other consoles, etc.

I think now that the Switch 2 leaks have come out and we can see it'll be a more than competent machine that'll play most 3rd party games well enough, I really might just go all in with it and not really care about much else.

Sony and MS have a bunch of problems and I gotta be honest, huge grandiose AAA bloat doesn't really do a lot for me...and that's at least where it looks like MS is headed and Sony has been down that road for a while.

I know there's stuff I'll miss out on but like I said, with my career and family it's not like I have infinite gaming time...the Switch just fits me so well.

Anyways, I was just curious if anyone else was in the same boat or what everyone thought.

what i've already been doing, it'll be my go-to for indies and smaller games and of course Nintendo games but PS5 for the major AAA stuff

Last edited:
The Switch is already my main console and I only grab a game on PC if the Switch port performs unacceptably, or if there isn't one and I really, really want to play the game.

With how the Switch 2 will end up being, and there being an extraordinarily high quantity of great games in the XBO/PS4 generation that will receive ports, not to mention the sheer quantity of indie games which make up most of my library - I think it'll also be my main console. Any current-gen AAA port is a bonus.

I don't play much nowadays, so the successor will likely be my main system since I'm always interested in the newest Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, etc. I also imagine many lower budget games and indies will run basically the same as the XSX and PS5. But for the one or two games a year that interest me and run best on the XSX, I'll buy them for that.

I play games on PC much more frequently than on Switch, although PC games hardly provide me with hype.
I don't think Switch2 will change this unless Nintendo starts making more GAAS, they really need a good GAAS.

I play games on PC much more frequently than on Switch, although PC games hardly provide me with hype.
I don't think Switch2 will change this unless Nintendo starts making more GAAS, they really need a good GAAS.

That's a good point, I wonder what they've come up with if anything in the GAAS.

Kart and Smash are out of the question now...

I always thought a CCG like Slay the Spire or Hearthstone but with Nintendo properties could be a huge and ripe for a GAAS model...

I've been a Nintendo-only gamer since the NES, and that isn't changing.

I mean, it'd be nice to own another console, but time and money are limited, so I prefer to fully take advantage of a single console rather than share my time between different systems. Plus, MS and Sony just don't have enough exclusives that appeal to me to justify a purchase of their systems.

Very rarely do you see it as someone's main console or only console if that makes sense.

It's my main console, so it's day 0 (or like month 3, depending on scalpers). I only recently got a used PS5 because it was cheap, but it's my secondary console, and there is an important factor here; PS sucks outside US/EU/JP because they don’t have regional prices at all. Even with the Nintendo tax for some third party games it's still cheaper than getting them on PS because they charge in USD. (MS do a better job at this, but really they don't get the games I'm interested in)

I don't play much nowadays, so the successor will likely be my main system since I'm always interested in the newest Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, etc. I also imagine many lower budget games and indies will run basically the same as the XSX and PS5. But for the one or two games a year that interest me and run best on the XSX, I'll buy them for that.
Same, I tend to only play a few new games a year as-is and most of my favorite series that are still getting new games are Nintendo already so it’s an easy choice for me. Switch is already probably my most played video game console ever. Steam Deck for anything else.

It’ll be my no 1 platform (and potentially only one) if it convinces me in terms of hard- and software.
Otherwise I’d have to stick with handheld PCs, but I don’t actually see that happening.

It'll, as always, depend on the games. Nintendo consoles, of course, mean that it's my go to for Nintendo games. But historically, it's always meant that whatever third party stuff I got my eyes on usually means I have to go else where. My Steamdeck has been very good, in that area.

I'm hoping that Switch 2 being at a more respectable level of power means that hopefully it gets more third party offerings. Day and date for the next Monster Hunter would be very nice, for example.

That's probably the wrong way of asking the question I have but I'll explain...

The Switch has always been viewed as a complimentary console to PS5, XBox Series, PCs, etc. Very rarely do you see it as someone's main console or only console if that makes sense.

I had toyed with the idea a few different times just because Nintendo's first party is far and away my favorite, the time I can spend on gaming and the handheld option of the Switch being a lifesaver, indies, not really missing much on the other consoles, etc.

I think now that the Switch 2 leaks have come out and we can see it'll be a more than competent machine that'll play most 3rd party games well enough, I really might just go all in with it and not really care about much else.

Sony and MS have a bunch of problems and I gotta be honest, huge grandiose AAA bloat doesn't really do a lot for me...and that's at least where it looks like MS is headed and Sony has been down that road for a while.

I know there's stuff I'll miss out on but like I said, with my career and family it's not like I have infinite gaming time...the Switch just fits me so well.

Anyways, I was just curious if anyone else was in the same boat or what everyone thought.
I have a gaming pc and I had a ps5 but I never used it I sold it.

I know your right with that statement that alot of people have it as a secondary console but for me My PC and Xbox Series X are secondary systems and My Switch is Primary. I play way more switch than I do any other platform but maybe im in the minority for that part.

I am all in on the Switch 2. Infact just like How I sold my PS5 I also am starting to plan on selling my Xbox Series x and Steam Deck as well because I havent really used them in almost a year now.

I have a very high end gaming pc but I dont even use its potential cuz no new games that come out really interest me and the ones that do are small indie games that can run well enough on the switch so instead of steam I just get them on the Switch to have it on my system that I play everything else on anyways. I only keep my pc around to play 20 year old valve games like Garrys mod, Team Fortress 2, Half Life 2, Portal, Counter Strike etc. No new pc games are good to me. I even got peer pressured by my irl gamer friends to get hell divers 2 and I wasted $40 on that game and I only put like 5 hours In its just not my cup of tea.

So im definitely ALL IN on the Switch 2. Even when The switch is currently pretty damn weak Even if a game runs 30 fps on it compared to like the steam version that can get up to 60 I rather get the switch version because like 80% of the games I play are Nintendo made games and 20% is other companies

When the switch 2 comes out. I dont think I will sell my pc I wanna keep it incase Valve ever makes Team Fortress 3 or Half life 3 but other wise once the Switch 2 comes out I will probably not turn my pc on for years. so Yes for me I am legit going all in On switch 2.

I will probably make it my only platform—alongside PC—due to the collapse of Xbox. Although the Series X is probably the best console I've ever owned, there are very few AAA games that interest me anymore and Microsoft's first-party support has been practically non-existent this generation. If the Switch 2 is powerful enough to get Square Enix and Capcom on board, there's no need for me to buy anything else.

I'll have to drop gaming if I don't go all in

I resolved myself to not buying anything that isn't on Nintendo platforms or Microsoft Store / Xbox app late last year. If a particular game is not on these it does not exist to me. with how shaky Xbox is as an ecosystem I may end up supporting 2 ecosystems to sadly just 1 in the coming years. So yeah all in now.

My approach pretty much since the end of the Xbox 360 era has been "mostly Nintendo, and then PC for the stuff that will outright never come to Nintendo's current platform, stuff that I'd want mods for, and for when something I'm on the fence about gets a huge discount", and I expect that'll probably be how I approach Switch 2

Depending on how much it manages to close the gap, I could see my ratio moving even more towards Nintendo than it already is

At this point, I’m all in on Nintendo and PC gaming going forward. I got the PS5 at launch, and it’s been slowly gathering dust ever since. The direction both Sony and Microsoft have chosen in this console gen has killed my interest in their offerings.

All in like all Flynn.

The Switch already is my main console, a more powerful Switch that gets more multiplatform games is more than enough for me. I still haven't felt the need to upgrade from my PS4 to a PS5, and I've never touched an Xbox in my life (eew).

All in, Nintendo has been with me since my childhood and it's been a satisfying ride so far.

The only time I bailed out was with the Wii U, things are not looking like that now so feels good to be a Nintendo gamer.

At this point, I’m all in on Nintendo and PC gaming going forward. I got the PS5 at launch, and it’s been slowly gathering dust ever since. The direction both Sony and Microsoft have chosen in this console gen has killed my interest in their offerings.
Nintendo and PC to me is the only combo needed idk Y its just the perfect combo. Iv been doing a pc nintendo set up since the Wii U days. I only have 1 monitor but when I wanna play switch I switch the input from the pc and vice versa.

All in, Nintendo has been with me since my childhood and it's been a satisfying ride so far.

The only time I bailed out was with the Wii U, things are not looking like that now so feels good to be a Nintendo gamer.
The Wii U was the first time I went all in on Nintendo for my consoles. During the Wii days I also had a 360 lol

As usual as soon as possible, but since I live in Costa Rica we may not have any units at launch. I'll be in Japan between Feb and March next year so maybe I'll grab a Japanese switch2.

Switch has been my main console (alongside PC) since it came out and I expect the same with Switch 2.

I've started playing most indie games on the steam deck and I don't see that changing with the switch 2. I'll be there for the exclusives

My only current console is a Nintendo Switch.

I don’t see much going on with the PlayStation and XBOX brands that warrants me splitting up my time and money to invest into those platforms. The PS5 has had a very stale generation and XBOX as well. There’s really nothing on either of those systems that makes me want to purchase their consoles…. and they launched in 2020. This may change with GTA VI however…

I have a wife and small children, so it’s not like I can spend hours playing games and spending money freely left and right. With Nintendo I know 100% if I purchase their games I’m guaranteed a polished and good experience day 1 release given the money spent.

I can’t say that for the vast majority of ”modern” games these days.

what i've already been doing, it'll be my go-to for indies and smaller games and of course Nintendo games but PS5 for the major AAA stuff

This, but I might forego getting a PS6 in the future if Square Enix starts releasing games on PC at the same time.

Oh I am for sure all in. I usually play mostly nintendo games, even during the down times like the wii-u. I have an extra switch, and a xbox one x to trade in to go along with it.....and maybe a series x as well

Switch 2 will likely be my main console, while I'll still rock the Series X for my 4K Blu-Rays and Game Pass offers/still the best way to play 3rd-party games. Sony's exclusive output is commendable, but much of it doesn't personally excite me.

As with the Switch, it will be my first choice for everything that comes to it except for most simulation games, which are better served by a mouse & keyboard.

The Switch has always been viewed as a complimentary console to PS5, XBox Series, PCs, etc.
For who?

I am a Nintendo only player. I only have Nintendo consoles. So I guess I am always "all in" on Nintendo.

But unlike most people here, I buy games to play, not to create a backlog.

The switch was my only contemporary console for basically its entire run, mostly because that was all I was willing to drop money on. That being said, I've gotten a ton of mileage out of it. I'll probably do the same for the next system, and especially considering its specs I don't think it'll feel like too much of a compromise.

I always get all the platforms. I'm in my forties, gaming is my main hobby as well as my work, and these things last 8-9 years nowadays, so a one time €1200 investment spread over 8 years is not that much. And then I can just get whatever interests me.

I'll probably be the same as with Switch 1 - first and second parties, indie games that run comfortably, and maybe the odd port. I'm not really a techhead but I will be interested to see what devs and porting studios can wring out of it.

But I already have a PS5, a Series S and a Steam Deck. Even if I drop Xbox, it's unlikely to drastically change the equation as I'll probably stick with PS for demanding games.

About equal to Switch I guess? I already bought exclusives there (obviously) but most third party games elsewhere. I imagine it will be the same for me with Switch 2

I‘m already all in on the existing Switch. I used to have a PS4 I barely played, but other than that I’ve been Nintendo only for a long time.

Nintendo consoles have always been, and always will be, my main consoles. But since I started working (middle Gamecube era), and therefore being able to choose what to buy with my money, I always have at least a second console at home. Now, for example, I wouldn't have wanted to give up Death Stranding, Elden Ring, FF VII Rebirth... In recent years, however, there are fewer and fewer exclusives for other consoles that I consider essential. It's not impossible that if Switch 2 has 90% cross-platform, I could go back to being single-platform.

Switch is my main console, PC is secondary.

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was.

I’ve been a Nintendo-only gamer my whole life, and this won’t change with the Switch’s successor. (And despite sticking exclusively to Nintendo systems, I’m still constantly overwhelmed with more games across a vast amount of genres, series, and gameplay experiences than I realistically have the time, money, and energy to play—I couldn’t imagine adding other systems on top of that, even if I was interested in them.)

I’m not spending 500+€ for a ps5 anytime soon, I’ll probably buy day 1 the next switch. As far as third party games I still have a lot to play on the ps4 and not a lot of game that interest me are ps5 exclusives so I can definitely leave the next switch as my one console. And if monster hunter, the next square enix games and future from software games release on the switch 2 I might just leave that as my only console. So yeah I’m pretty much all in on the switch 2

I just flat out prefer playing games on my PC given the choice and a Switch with newer tech won't change that

so the same as the Switch, Nintendo releases games I want to play so i'll definitely get one, but as far as actually using it goes it'll just be Nintendo games

I'm done fooling myself - I only have time for one console these days, and even then there are going to be tons of games that I never get to play.

So yeah - I'll probably be all-in on the Switch 2.

M
Has it? Perhaps for some focused on home consoles who also have a PS/Xbox or whatever, but I don’t think that’s true for everyone. There’s a huge amount of portable-focused players who now just have a Switch as the successor to the 3DS/Vita.

At the point I get Switch 2 (likely not at launch unless MonHun or Dragon Quest are launch titles) it’ll be my only console, but then the Switch has been my only console for 5 years now, and even then before that I didn’t have any home consoles, I had a 3DS and Vita. I think the last home console I had was over a decade ago at this point, and even before that they were definitely supplementary to portables to me, in that I rarely had time to play them so just stopped buying them.

Last edited:
When Switch came out it managed to completely sideline my PS4 without me ever looking back, outside of a very few select games. It was effectively the only gaming device I regularly used, with the PS4 having gotten relegated to being a complementary at best. Until it was finally replaced by the Series S, which never really managed to escape that rank either.

Switch 2 will absolutely be my primary gaming device as well. The comfort of portability is just too convenient for me to pass up, and most of the games I'm interested in will end up being on it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom