• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Honkai: Star Rail |ST| Sweet Dreams (Acheron and Ver. 2.1 Available Now!)

Finally beat the Ebon Deer. My god is that first phase awful, especially if the minitrees keep targeting your healer. Second one was incredibly easy so I guess it balances out?

Really love the writing and dialogue in this game.

The daily text message thread from characters is more of an incentive for me to keep logging in than any daily rewards.

reached the end of the currently available story. Now I just need to get lucky and get Seele early(unlikely, I lost 50/50 at 78 and I usually need that much to get a character with guaranteed) and start farming artifacts.

Been playing this slowly. I think I'm getting more and more into it. I'll know for sure once I can try grinding for relics finally. I hit level 21 this morning. I think I'm going to miss Seele so I'm banking for Jing Yuan now. I had a mission/thing in Genshin were I decided I was going to focus on gathering all the men for my collection so I think that's going to carry over here.

I didn't even realize I unsubscribed from the HSR twitter
anyway, Jing Yuan Banner 4-stars are revealed as well as Light cone banner
FwOSkQqWYAAEWZ6

FwOTH15WwAIC5tr

March on a character banner? I guess they aren't keeping Dan Heng hidden behind the standard either in the future. That's really great since they're pretty good

Alright, Jing Yuan banner is now available.
Personally I'm skipping him. Next version will supposedly start with Luocha, whose a Healer and the second Imaginary unit, and I'm 25 pulls away from Hard pity and I want to replace Natasha so I can Have more diversity in my teams. After that I'm saving till Kafka and then waiting for Seele Rerun.

New Event
A new event starts today: Boulder Town Super League

Requirements
  • Trailblazer Level 21
  • Must complete "Ring and Stage I-II" and "Gladiator" (both available at the fight club in Boulder Town)
Expected rewards: 600 Stellar Jades, condensed aether and Traveler Guides

Honkai-Star-Rail-Boulder-Town-Super-League-Event-Details-1280x720.jpg

Ver. 1.1 Special Program date
The Version 1.1 Special Program has a date, May 26th
if it's like genshin, 3 codes with 100 stellar jades each are expected during the stream and will be available for 12h after the special program. Be sure to keep an eye out for them.

Why would someone willingly play this over P5R, SMTV, MHS2, OTII, XB3, P4G, LiveALive, P3P or even TJRPGs like FE Engage or TO:Reborn.
All of which have released somewhat recently, so I doubt most people here finished all of them.

Every single one I just mentioned has no BS RNG microtransactions that lock content out from players who don't want to become enslaved to the game to unlock a character for instance.
Not to mention the stamina system* present in every single gacha (including this one), only put in place because gacha developers design games to release with an amount of content that would be completed by players in around a week or so if not for a system that actively prevents the player from progressing by forcing them to pay a stock-limited currency to complete ordeals and having them wait out hours for it to refresh.
Instead of, I don't know... releasing the game with enough content for players to enjoy months of gameplay while actively working hard to release a major path later? like most MORPGS.

I swear, most gacha players would easily transition to something like FF14 if they managed to finish the MSQ and realized the game has actual dungeons instead of the crap Mihoyo puts out.

At least genshin has some actually okay-ish character designs. Honkai impact and starrail both have this generic ass look to over half their character roster.

How does being a different game help if the same predatory systems from Honkai Impact and Genshin are in place?
I would've liked to talk about this further if you actually entered this topic in good faith because I do think gacha games are predatory also, but I'll just respond with this: I'm just a single person completely unrelated to the company. Do you actually expect me to justify these business practices to you?

The Version 1.1 Special Program has a date, May 26th
if it's like genshin, 3 codes with 100 stellar jades each are expected during the stream and will be available for 12h after the special program. Be sure to keep an eye out for them.

Is watching the stream necessary to get the codes

I'm just a single person completely unrelated to the company. Do you actually expect me to justify these business practices to you?
I never said I expected it though.
Keep in mind, I have nothing against OP, however I'm not going to speak lightly when it comes to predatory online games. Specially when better options (which I presented) exist and are more deserving of publicity.

I'm sure the small indie devs Nintendo, Capcom, and Atlus are grateful for you spreading the word then
If you were to criticize someone posting on Fami about how they like games from these companies as if they're "shilling" a product you'd have quite a busy day.

But sure, merely recommending others to try non-predatory titles within the genre counts as shilling now I guess.

If you were to criticize someone posting on Fami about how they like games from these companies as if they're "shilling" a product you'd have quite a busy day.

But sure, merely recommending others to try non-predatory titles within the genre counts as shilling now I guess.
Usually people posting on Fami aren't stapling these "recommendations" to a post made in bad faith designed entirely around just causing an argument in a topic with just a few enthusiasts hanging around.

Why would someone willingly play this over P5R, SMTV, MHS2, OTII, XB3, P4G, LiveALive, P3P or even TJRPGs like FE Engage or TO:Reborn.
All of which have released somewhat recently, so I doubt most people here finished all of them.

Every single one I just mentioned has no BS RNG microtransactions that lock content out from players who don't want to become enslaved to the game to unlock a character for instance.
Not to mention the stamina system* present in every single gacha (including this one), only put in place because gacha developers design games to release with an amount of content that would be completed by players in around a week or so if not for a system that actively prevents the player from progressing by forcing them to pay a stock-limited currency to complete ordeals and having them wait out hours for it to refresh.
Instead of, I don't know... releasing the game with enough content for players to enjoy months of gameplay while actively working hard to release a major path later? like most MORPGS.

I swear, most gacha players would easily transition to something like FF14 if they managed to finish the MSQ and realized the game has actual dungeons instead of the crap Mihoyo puts out.

At least genshin has some actually okay-ish character designs. Honkai impact and starrail both have this generic ass look to over half their character roster.
read the rules next time please. (I added the latter half after reading this discussion since it seemed necessary)
  • While it is completely fair to criticize monetization practices for gachas, please make sure that's not the only thing you do. Discuss multiple things instead of just one aspect of the game. and do not come here just to say "why are you playing this when X or Y are better". Let people enjoy stuff even if you don't personally like it.
Also you don't need to spend any stamina to progress through the story, do quests and any other story related stuff.

Last edited:
Is watching the stream necessary to get the codes
No, I'll post them here (there might a delay depending on when the stream is in my timezone). The official twitter should also post them after the stream.

Last edited:
A bit embarrassed to ask but how tf do I exit the game in iOS? When I logout to the main screen, when trying to swipe up it always ends up logging in again.

A bit embarrassed to ask but how tf do I exit the game in iOS? When I logout to the main screen, when trying to swipe up it always ends up logging in again.
I don't have an ios but there should be an option on the right in the login screen. Or do you mean while playing the game?

Usually people posting on Fami aren't stapling these "recommendations" to a post made in bad faith designed entirely around just causing an argument in a topic with just a few enthusiasts hanging around.
And your reason to add quotation marks to 'recommendations' is?
If it's to imply that I loosely mentioned them without proper consideration just to make a point then:
1 - I actually finished most of these games with the exception of LiveALive, octopath II and the two TJRPGs I mentioned as a bonus. Even then, I actually had multiple hours sunk into all of these. So I'm recommending them out of experience, not namedropping.
2 - I watched honkai starrail gameplay before even though I was unaware of the stamina system changes. And the gameplay really didn't impress me.
and the most important:
3 - My intention with saying "why should I play this over xyz" was an actual question to @Warlord. I set a wide enough range of titles that recently released and asked them legitimately: why should I try Starrail if I have options I believe are better and don't include predatory practices?

It's on them to reply with a list of reasons. If they felt the post was in bad faith then it's on them to point it out (and so they did!) so let's address it:
While it is completely fair to criticize monetization practices for gachas, please make sure that's not the only thing you do. Discuss multiple things instead of just one aspect of the game. and do not come here just to say "why are you playing this when X or Y are better". Let people enjoy stuff even if you don't personally like it.
If you really want a positive perspective on Starrail... I guess the combat animations, voice acting, camera work, world design are kinda nice. It's nice that they (according to what you said) made it so stamina doesn't impede progress. But I question why it's even still in-game then.
The way they decided to develop a turn-based RPG this time instead of another ARPG was interesting but that's about it.

The game still reutilizes a lot of assets from genshin and honkai. You can clearly tell that by looking at character models, certain animations and effects hell, even the hair in certain male characters look exactly the same as other genshin ones.

I'm sorry if my first post seemed agressive and/or unnecessary @Warlord @Metroid. Wasn't the intention.
Since this game isn't really my interest and considering the fact that I despise mobile gaming companies practices, I'll leave you all be ITT.

Blade's description

(if they're showing him now, I guess they changed the order and he'll be in 1.1? Livestream shows Luocha and Silver worlf though. We'll see in the next few days)

If it's like Genshin impact this is just the "drip marketing". Around the end of patch 1.0 for exemple they show the new characters for 1.2 on twitter. So they show Blade now because he will be in 1.2.

It's been 1 month since the game launched so I wanted to ask, How has your experience been so far?
Personally, I really like what I've done, story is great, music is awsemone and I really like the characters. Gameplay is simple but effective. Locations are nice.
However the lackof interesting content outside the main event is starting to become a bit of a pain (which should change with 1.1 as more events arrive).
Thankfully they at least made artifact farming not as bothersome as genshin. Just have a good enough team and you can put on auto-battle and do other stuff in the meantime.

I'm playing this at a snails pace, but I feel like that fits me best. Idk anything about building characters or wanting to have specific ones, so i just slam that warp button the second i have enough gems.
I don't feel like learning it either, I'm just a super casual player and that's fine by me. XD

But I dig everything about it, characters, music and story so far (im still at belobolg), the humor in it is pretty funny + All the fanart has been amazing to see too!

so yeah I've been enjoying this!

Reminder that the 1.1 livestream is later today. We should be getting 300 stellar jade's through codes which will be valid for 12h only, so make sure to check here or elsewhere.

Well people have a choice on who to go for or if they want to seriously tackle the Memory of Chaos.

As for me I lack a second healer so might go for Luocha (and by extension Blade since he synergizes well with him).

The special Program delay was caused by an earthquake in eastern japan.
The livestream will now be held tomorrow. To apologize, 100 Stellar jades will be available through codes during the livestream

Special program is at 5.30 am for me, so it will take me around 3h to check the codes and post them here. I suggest looking for them elsewhere or from the official Twitter if you are awake when the livestream is over

Ver 1.1 "Galactic Roaming" content overview
Honkai-Star-Rail_2023_05-27-23_009.jpg

New Codes (100 stellar jades each) Redeem Here or in-game (available for 8h as of this post)
ZTPTNMTX8LUF
8A6T6LBFQ4D3
DB7A64BW8LC7
CS75WMP976AK

New Characters banners
-Phase 1 Silver Wolf (5*, Nihility/Quantum)
-Phase 2 Luocha (5*, Abundance/Imaginary) (with new character Yukong)

6 new events and rewards

"Gift of Odyssey"
7 day Login Bonus that gives 10 Special Passes in total

Main event "Starhunt game" (Available after update until June 19th)
- Free 4 star Nihility Light Cone "Before the Tutorial starts"
-Stellar Jades

Everwinter Museum (June 9- June 26)
  • New Permanent area (Belobog Museum)
  • Stellar Jades

"Lab assistant in Position" (June 19- July 3)
- Stellar Jades

"Stellar Flare" (available June 28th- July 10)
- Stellar Jades

"Planar Fissure" (june 23-June 28)
- Double planar ornaments drops from Simulated Universe

"Garden Of Plenty" (July 10 - July 17)
- Double Drops from Calyx

4 Companion Missions
  • Silver Wolf
  • Luocha
  • Yanqing
  • Bailu
New 5* Lightcones
  • Incessant Rain (Nihility)
  • Echoes of the coffin (Abundance)
QoL Updates
  • Friend Chat
  • Item/Material Finder

There will be no new Main story update in 1.1.
A free yukong will be obtainable in ver 1.2 (no other details)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom