• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

If we have a Nintendo Direct next week with Prime 4 and indeed Silksong this week end, imagine how crazy that would be.
Both megaton announcement trailers & release dates in less than a week, I don't think I'm ready yet actually

I hold my breath every time I get a notification about a new post in this thread. This is too stressful!

If there's no news by the Direct, I think it will be safe to say that the game is in development hell. There is no reason to be so silent about this otherwise, we're a year out from it's intended release window.

I'm finally gonna give the original Hollow Knight a try with the free game trial!

Is Famiboards generally aware of this?

Descend into darkness in Hollow Knight, now playable for free with Nintendo Switch Online Game Trials until June 12th.​

I'm finally gonna give the original Hollow Knight a try with the free game trial!

Is Famiboards generally aware of this?
Yep. It was discussed a few pages back that perhaps that free trial is a sign that Silksong is coming soon. Or perhaps it's a sign of nothing.

As usual, anything can happen.

If there's no news by the Direct, I think it will be safe to say that the game is in development hell. There is no reason to be so silent about this otherwise, we're a year out from it's intended release window.
except there is? like it wouldn't suddenly be undone, it's progression.

they told us they wanted more time. they very specifically never said how much.

there have been waves this year that suggest it may actually be out this year. but like... that's it.

June is an imaginary deadline by us constructed from their dead previous deadline and our fervor for GAME NEWS SEASON.

but it's no ultimatum, nor goal post. it is just time, elapsed.

except there is? like it wouldn't suddenly be undone, it's progression.

they told us they wanted more time. they very specifically never said how much.

there have been waves this year that suggest it may actually be out this year. but like... that's it.

June is an imaginary deadline by us constructed from their dead previous deadline and our fervor for GAME NEWS SEASON.

but it's no ultimatum, nor goal post. it is just time, elapsed.
I always love your posts 🙂

You know, the fact that it got rated alone means that your suffering will end within at max a year or one and a half.

You know, the fact that it got rated alone means that your suffering will end within at max a year or one and a half.
likely true!

but also... I'd like to remind everyone that my game, Grögol Bonanza, which likely won't come out for five more years... is also rated by IARC

oh yeah I am NOT expecting any manner of shadowdrop to be clear

that's not happening

Alright, time to pack it up for 2024.

giphy.gif

Would not be surprised if they just announce the release date on a blog post at this point or simply just upload a video to YouTube.

This is probably cope but I don't get why everyone expects the game to just be at the Microsoft showcase just because it's on Gamepass.
Little Kitty Big City was first announced for Switch, then later during an Xbox stream was announced for Gamepass, just like Silksong.
Then it's release date reveal was in the last Nintendo Indie Direct.

Having it on Gamepass doesn't mean Xbox has "exclusive rights" to trailers or anything. It can still be shown off during the SGF or the next Nintendo Direct.

Last edited:
This is telling me not to expect a shadow drop
Shadow Drop has always been pretty much out of the question given it'd be ruined by the fact they will have to send out codes for the game to Kickstarter backers.

This is probably cope but I don't get why everyone expects the game to just be at the Microsoft showcase just because it's on Gamepass.
Little Kitty Big City was first announced for Switch, then later during an Xbox stream was announced for Gamepass, just like Silksong.
Then it's release date reveal was in the last Nintendo Indie Direct.

Having it on Gamepass doesn't mean Xbox has "exclusive rights" to trailers or anything. Can still be during the SGF or the next Nintendo Direct.

There's been multiple games in the past coming to Gamepass day 1 that got revealed somewhere else first. That narrative about Microsoft having first dips because of Gamepass always was kinda flimsy

If its not at Summer Games Fest, Xbox Showcase or the Direct i'm at a loss for words over where it will show up.
Doesn't have to be a big event. Console-maker presentations and Keighleythings are like attention magnets so it's easy for us to see those and assume it'll show in one of those but nothing's stopping Team Cherry from dropping a release date trailer on yt/twitter and giving the KS backers an update and codes.

At this point that'd be the funniest way to do it, too.

Just release it with a different name and fake pictures and weeks later go "hey it's been out for weeks, you didn't expect that do you ?"

someone in the Hollow Knight Discord suggested I make all the victims have clown outfits, so... update:

0VDItPf.png

Every day that passes is (theoretically) one day closer to seeing Silksong again.

That's what they want you to believe. In fact every day they delay the game by one day and then they go to the internet and they laugh at our pain.

Back
Top Bottom