• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

If it shadowdrops tomorrow I will see you all later because I’m leaving the internet until I discover every last thing in the game myself. I refuse to get spoiled!

We will get a release date tomorrow, and it will be this Summer. Just 2 weeks from launch... 🤡🤡🤡

It looks sooo beautiful 😭😍

911c93a81752a9c0082f1592e1e8e1804d233830.gifv

Feeling way more nervous today than I usually do for these things. Maybe that’s a good sign?

I hope everyone has their credit cards ready so they can buy Silksong right as the presentation ends. :p

Joking aside, here's hoping today will be a good day for Silksong fans around the globe.

Now I am curious to know why Nintendo didn't even show the trailer that Microsoft revealed.

Maybe they want to announce it closer to whenever it is the game is releasing.

Now I am curious to know why Nintendo didn't even show the trailer that Microsoft revealed.

Maybe they want to announce it closer to whenever it is the game is releasing.
Showing a known trailer, that was already on microsofts show, without any new information, even less...yeah, no, 100% understand why they did not, would just provoke a backlash.

Knowing how things generally work for me this'll be releasing in late October/early November just so that section of the year can be even more ridiculously crowded

I know some people were doubting the "within 12 months" window since Silksong didn't appear on the Xbox infographic and Team Cherry never issued any press release. Apparently, a play tester confirmed this is the plan.

I know some people were doubting the "within 12 months" window since Silksong didn't appear on the Xbox infographic and Team Cherry never issued any press release. Apparently, a play tester confirmed this is the plan.

This was making me think that Silksong was closer than expected, since I didn't see Team Cherry committing to any release window before they had a solid date in mind, and they'd probably only get a solid date in mind very close to release

But it seems that they're just confident they'll be able to get it out in a year. Which does make sense, they're probably wrapping up at this point (maybe even done with active development and moving on to QA/testing)

This was making me think that Silksong was closer than expected, since I didn't see Team Cherry committing to any release window before they had a solid date in mind, and they'd probably only get a solid date in mind very close to release

But it seems that they're just confident they'll be able to get it out in a year. Which does make sense, they're probably wrapping up at this point (maybe even done with active development and moving on to QA/testing)
If they are commiting to this windows, then the core game is done.
Maybe some balancing, cleaning up, QA, maybe even work on some side areas if they are that motivated.

But the core game cant get much of a retooling in that timeframe, with how interconnected everything is in such a game.

If they are commiting to this windows, then the core game is done.
Maybe some balancing, cleaning up, QA, maybe even work on some side areas if they are that motivated.

But the core game cant get much of a retooling in that timeframe, with how interconnected everything is in such a game.
Also, since the game's rating has been submitted, there's only so much they can change without needing to re-submit.

I think the release now is really just dependent on bug fixing, and play testing. Once that's finished we could genuinely see a release date given 🤞

Hey guys. After going through that “HK is overrated” thread I thought I’d come here to a safe space and say that I appreciate every one of you!

It’s August now and I think this is the month we finally get a release date (just a hunch). Hang in there, gang! We’re almost at the finish line!

Hey guys. After going through that “HK is overrated” thread I thought I’d come here to a safe space and say that I appreciate every one of you!

It’s August now and I think this is the month we finally get a release date (just a hunch). Hang in there, gang! We’re almost at the finish line!
Thread ignore is your friend :)

A few days ago I was thinking August would be the perfect month for Silksong to come out, because September has Splatoon 3 already, October is loaded, and November has Pokémon.

Another great option would be December. In my heart, Hollow Knight is huge enough for Silksong to qualify as a big holiday title, so maybe that'll happen.

shadow drop in the september direct? 🤡
I doubt a shadow drop, but that’s the next legitimate chance of getting news most likely. Unless the madmen have it as the closer of the Indie World likely in a couple weeks, but I think it’s beyond that now.

Hollow Knight: Silksong will release in a maximum of 313 days, which means the chances of it releasing tomorrow are 0.3194%. Stay tuned for more updates.

Hollow Knight Silksong is massively overrated

Don't get me wrong it's still a good game, but for people who just don't have decades to wait for a release date announcement this game just treats you like shit.

A few days ago I was thinking August would be the perfect month for Silksong to come out, because September has Splatoon 3 already, October is loaded, and November has Pokémon.

Another great option would be December. In my heart, Hollow Knight is huge enough for Silksong to qualify as a big holiday title, so maybe that'll happen.
As someone who won't be playing Pokemon neither God Of War during that time, December sounds perfect!
I'm glad it wasn't released sooner, that way i can focus on Xenoblade Chronicles 3 for the next months.

As someone who won't be playing Pokemon neither God Of War during that time, December sounds perfect!
I'm glad it wasn't released sooner, that way i can focus on Xenoblade Chronicles 3 for the next months.
Team Cherry: laughs in August Direct shadowdrop

I really did not expect for it to skip summer aftere the showing.
Not as if i would have had time anyway. Still, confusing.
The next two months would be the ideal time for the game to drop for me. I've not got much I'm really dying to pick up until maybe October with Sparks of Hope (and even that I'm fine with waiting on since it'll be on sale pretty quickly given it's an Ubisoft title)

The next two months would be the ideal time for the game to drop for me. I've not got much I'm really dying to pick up until maybe October with Sparks of Hope (and even that I'm fine with waiting on since it'll be on sale pretty quickly given it's an Ubisoft title)
Much as I wish it were sooner, I'm leaning toward early 2023, like February-ish in a similar window to when the original launched. But October or December would also be a great time. Actually, I'll take it literally any time, what am I saying

Much as I wish it were sooner, I'm leaning toward early 2023, like February-ish in a similar window to when the original launched. But October or December would also be a great time. Actually, I'll take it literally any time, what am I saying
Yeah I'm not super hopeful about it launching this year, but honestly so long as it stays relatively clear of BoTW2, FE, and Pokemon S/V, I'm fine with it releasing whenever.

Where did this happen
Nate has confirmed a Direct "Soon"
Yeah I'm not super hopeful about it launching this year, but honestly so long as it stays relatively clear of BoTW2, FE, and Pokemon S/V, I'm fine with it releasing whenever.
I don't think they'd try to do November, too busy. Early 2023 is more nebulous since we're expecting both BOTW2 and FE somewhere in there but have no idea when yet. Personally I'd love Silksong in a calmer winter window, like December or January when there's usually not much else going on.

Hmmm. As much as I'd love to see Silksong in any capacity, I don't think it'll show up with Microsoft again until after release.

The game is still most likely to release on Switch and PC firstmost, then come to Xbox later just as it did with HK.

EDIT: To clarify: day one on gamepass doesn't mean when it releases it'll be on Xbox right there and then, it just means when it does come to Xbox it will be on gamepass.

Hmmm. As much as I'd love to see Silksong in any capacity, I don't think it'll show up with Microsoft again until after release.

The game is still most likely to release on Switch and PC firstmost, then come to Xbox later just as it did with HK.

EDIT: To clarify: day one on gamepass doesn't mean when it releases it'll be on Xbox right there and then, it just means when it does come to Xbox it will be on gamepass.
I think it was confirmed to release on Xbox day one.

it's launching on xbox (console, win store, game pass) alongside pc (steam/humble/gog) and switch

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom